• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hall of Fame announcement

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Live on NFL Network right now.

The ten modern era candidates remaining: Cris Carter, Dermontti Dawson, Chris Doleman, Charles Haley, Cortez Kennedy, Curtis Martin, Bill Parcells, Andre Reed, Willie Roaf, Aeneas Williams.

The 5 who were eliminated after the cut today: Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Eddie DeBartolo, Jr., Kevin Greene, Will Shields

The actual Hall of Fame class for this year is coming up in a few minutes.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Live on NFL Network right now.

The ten modern era candidates remaining: Cris Carter, Dermontti Dawson, Chris Doleman, Charles Haley, Cortez Kennedy, Curtis Martin, Bill Parcells, Andre Reed, Willie Roaf, Aeneas Williams.

The 5 who were eliminated after the cut today: Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Eddie DeBartolo, Jr., Kevin Greene, Will Shields

The actual Hall of Fame class for this year is coming up in a few minutes.

Fingers crossed for Haley - too bad for Mr. D.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here they are:

Jack Butler (senior committee nominee)
Dermontti Dawson
Chris Doleman
Cortez Kennedy
Curtis Martin
Willie Roaf

I'm slightly surprised by the Parcells omission. Everybody was talking him up to be a lock? I can see both sides but everybody that I watched this week had him as a lock.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My top 5 would be (in no particular order):

Roaf
Kennedy
Carter

Parcells
Aneas Williams

Williams was probably one of the 5 best CBs to ever play. And he was a great FS in his later years. I think he was more CONSISTENTLY dominant than Darrell Green on a team with a craptastic pass rush. JMHO.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris, do you have your finger on the Rookie of the Year awards?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Newton.....AP Offensive Rookie of the Year
Harbaugh..AP Coach of the Year

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did tim brown not make the cut?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did tim brown not make the cut?

How did Cris Carter not make it AGAIN!?!?!? It seems like receivers are getting hosed these days. What does that say about Owens' and Moss's chances for first ballot?? I think those guys are both first ballot guys, but who knows. They had better stats but awful attitudes most of their careers so I wonder if that will hold any weight.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How did Cris Carter not make it AGAIN!?!?!? It seems like receivers are getting hosed these days. What does that say about Owens' and Moss's chances for first ballot?? I think those guys are both first ballot guys, but who knows. They had better stats but awful attitudes most of their careers so I wonder if that will hold any weight.

Great Question!!...Makes me wonder if the HOF is becoming politicized...

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This could be a big reason why he isnt getting in the HOF Shortly after, Carter had a falling out with coach Buddy Ryan and was a surprise cut following the pre-season. Carter later admitted that Ryan released him because of alcohol and drug abuse, large amounts of ecstasy and marijuana being his drugs of choice, and credits his former coach with helping him turn his life around as a result

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This could be a big reason why he isnt getting in the HOF Shortly after, Carter had a falling out with coach Buddy Ryan and was a surprise cut following the pre-season. Carter later admitted that Ryan released him because of alcohol and drug abuse, large amounts of ecstasy and marijuana being his drugs of choice, and credits his former coach with helping him turn his life around as a result

Outstanding post, Crash - Thanks...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wait a min, cris carter didn't get in yet? wow

i dont really follow the hall of fame selections, that's a huge surprise.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what he learned from it and eventually turned his career around, It's not like it was first ballot, no one can deny he was one of the best to ever play that position. How many years did it take Michael Irvin to get accepted? Carter was better than him, both had drug problems.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what he learned from it and eventually turned his career around, It's not like it was first ballot, no one can deny he was one of the best to ever play that position. How many years did it take Michael Irvin to get accepted? Carter was better than him, both had drug problems.

Irvin was second ballot I think?? Either way, he shouldn't be in there. He gets in because of the overall team dominance, but he wasn't that great. In my opinion he isn't deserving. It's like they put him in there so they could hear his induction speech. I thought he was overacting a bit on that speech myself.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lets compare stats...

Chris Carter

8x pro bowl

Receptions 1,101

Receiving yards 13,899

Touchdowns 130

0 super bowl rings

Michael Irvin

5x pro bowler
Receptions 750

Receiving yards 11,904

Touchdowns 65

Has 3 super bowl rings

he been arrested for drugs,sexual assault,cutting a player with a knife, hmm he gets into the hall of fame but chris carter doesn't what a shame

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets compare stats...

Chris Carter

8x pro bowl

Receptions 1,101

Receiving yards 13,899

Touchdowns 130

0 super bowl rings

Michael Irvin

5x pro bowler
Receptions 750

Receiving yards 11,904

Touchdowns 65

Has 3 super bowl rings

he been arrested for drugs,sexual assault,cutting a player with a knife, hmm he gets into the hall of fame but chris carter doesn't what a shame

Yeah, this is just crazy to me. I think it means less for a WR to have a couple rings than it does for a QB to have them. And that's why Irvin probably got in. The QB is leading the team and he touches the ball every offensive play. I am not even a big Cris Carter fan, but he had probably the best hands of any receiver of all time and put up numbers for a long time. Hopefully he gets in there next year.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carter was never Jerry and he was never going to put up the #'s Jerry did, but I always thought he deserved his spot on the list of the greatest of all time and damn well deserves to be in the HOF...IMO.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too was surprised that neither Chris Carter or Tim Brown made the HOF. Four linemen(two offensive & two defensive) were selected. I would have thought that one receiver and possibly Parcells would have been chosen.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I too was surprised that neither Chris Carter or Tim Brown made the HOF. Four linemen(two offensive & two defensive) were selected. I would have thought that one receiver and possibly Parcells would have been chosen.

Embarrassingly, I keep forgetting Brown and I shouldn't - you're right, Fever he deserves his jacket as well...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know what Tim Brown and Cris Carter did to piss off the HOF voters... but it is crazy that they keep getting overlooked. I assume they get passed over because they aren't Jerry Rice...

But, then why does Chris Doleman get put in when he wasn't Reggie White or Bruce Smith? Why does Curtis Martin make it when he wasn't Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders?