• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hacker signs with Twinkies

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Hacker has apparently signed a MLB deal with Minnesota. That's odd, given that he had a horrible 2nd half for Fresno, and only has 3 career MLB games under his belt.

Why would the Twins spend a 40-man slot on that kind of player?

PS

I have not been able to find confirmation of this signing anywhere. $9 reported it on runboard, though...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Actually doesn't surprise me too much. The twins for the most part prefer under the radar pitcher's who are short on stuff and peripheral stats, because they feel they are under valued and have faith in their defense to make up for it. Hacker, when he is right, is a groundball pitcher who relies heavily on his defense.

Unfortunately, there is now a big gap on the SP depth chart from Bumgarner to the 6th starter. Sabean admitted as much in his radio interview with Tolbert the other day.

I now feel that there is no way we can afford to trade Sanchez, no matter what the return is.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually doesn't surprise me too much. The twins for the most part prefer under the radar pitcher's who are short on stuff and peripheral stats, because they feel they are under valued and have faith in their defense to make up for it. Hacker, when he is right, is a groundball pitcher who relies heavily on his defense.

Unfortunately, there is now a big gap on the SP depth chart from Bumgarner to the 6th starter. Sabean admitted as much in his radio interview with Tolbert the other day.

I now feel that there is no way we can afford to trade Sanchez, no matter what the return is.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the best bet at having a 6th starter in case of injury now is probably Sosa, depending upon how the Runzler and Willis projects pan out.