• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guys you don't want in the draft

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over on Mile HIgh - A guy over there came up with a list of guys you wouldn't want the Broncos to draft.

So to switch it up a bit - let's list guys we wouldn't want the Broncos to draft - a guy who doesn't fit - or has character issues or lacks drive and motivation.

Who would you take off your Bronco draft board?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Henry
Any QB in this draft

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Henry
Any QB in this draft
:). Agree on Henry as far as anywhere before 4th. Any qb? I wouldn't mind one or even two if it was Kessler or Hack 4th or later and even Adams from Oregon in 7th somewhere. Not too excited about any qbs,rbs or wrs in this draft that would warrant Denver grabbing one before 4th that they would actually have a shot at anyway. If they went DL,OL,TE or S with first four picks, I would be happy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A name that seems to be going really high in the first that I don't like is Sheldon Rankins. He put up decent stats but the games I watched he would have one great play then get taken out the next 10. Just didn't see very consistent effort

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Germain Ifedi
- Christian Hackenberg

and I will breathe a huge sigh of relief when Lynch goes before we pick

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do my best to avoid Jared Goff. Jay Cutler with small hands.

Robert Nkemdiche - I will never be able to spell this guy's name - definite character issue.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes that can be a red flag or maybe just a matter of the right setting for guys like him(Rankin). For instance...If your watching his tape and his drop off occurs when he goes against stronger talent,then that's a concern at next level. If he seems to shine in big games vs tough competition, but lags vs guys he should dominate, then that might signify a motivation problem that can be fixed in right environment, coaching staff,etc. I like to watch their film vs the top opponents / individual matchups on their schedule previous year and see how they fare vs those guys. That's going to tell you more than their dominating performance vs the lesser talented guys they should win most the battles with.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are sayin' NFLB

I'm ok with Jones, Dak and Cook though ......

I'm assuming Kaep is coming on board. I think taking a project while interesting is overkill imo with Kaep here and Trevor.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes that can be a red flag or maybe just a matter of the right setting for guys like him(Rankin). For instance...If your watching his tape and his drop off occurs when he goes against stronger talent,then that's a concern at next level. If he seems to shine in big games vs tough competition, but lags vs guys he should dominate, then that might signify a motivation problem that can be fixed in right environment, coaching staff,etc. I like to watch their film vs the top opponents / individual matchups on their schedule previous year and see how they fare vs those guys. That's going to tell you more than their dominating performance vs the lesser talented guys they should win most the battles with.
If we drafted him I would be hoping for the best but he did this no matter the competition. He just looked like a guy that chose which plays to give effort. I struggle to want to use such a high draft pick on those type of players. Throw in it wasn't just that he got beat but he would get pushed back 5 yards which just can't happen in the NFL or we are looking at a huge play

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch
Germain Ifedi
Robert Nkemdiche- Love his talent, but he has bust written all over him to me.
Cody Whitehair
Derrick Henry
A'Shawn Robinson
Shawn Oakman

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch
Germain Ifedi
Robert Nkemdiche- Love his talent, but he has bust written all over him to me.
Cody Whitehair
Derrick Henry
A'Shawn Robinson
Shawn Oakman

You forgot Caroo

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we drafted him I would be hoping for the best but he did this no matter the competition. He just looked like a guy that chose which plays to give effort. I struggle to want to use such a high draft pick on those type of players. Throw in it wasn't just that he got beat but he would get pushed back 5 yards which just can't happen in the NFL or we are looking at a huge play
Then yeah Cd,he would scare the hell out of me then. Also read some of the same kind of stuff on Nkemiche too. The concern wasn't so much the off field issues as it was that he got dominated by Tes a lot. They would just push him down line of scrimmage and away from play with relative ease many times. That could be more of technique problem though. Red flag consideration though.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no draft expert, but I want no part of Connor Cook.

I see a lot of you guys are hoping the Broncos don't take Nkemdiche, but he's actually the guy I think could be a perfect fit. There's no doubt about his talent, it's just character issues, and I think with Denver's leadership on defense he would be just fine.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of you guys are hoping the Broncos don't take Nkemdiche, but he's actually the guy I think could be a perfect fit. There's no doubt about his talent, it's just character issues, and I think with Denver's leadership on defense he would be just fine.
Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talent would mean he has a nose for the ball ...next ...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me those goes well beyond character though. Even when he is playing hard on the field yes he might beat his man but then when he gets by him he has no clue where the ball is. He has ran right by ball carriers or the QB having no clue where he is on the field. To me that is not something you can really teach a whole lot on. Either you know how to find the ball or you don't.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me those goes well beyond character though. Even when he is playing hard on the field yes he might beat his man but then when he gets by him he has no clue where the ball is. He has ran right by ball carriers or the QB having no clue where he is on the field. To me that is not something you can really teach a whole lot on. Either you know how to find the ball or you don't.

This !!!!!!!!!!