• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gun Auctions Crazy Prices

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a local gun auction here in SD and whatched 4 used AR rifles bring $1500.00 to $3300.00. A older Colt A2 sporter with a fixed handle that should of brought $1000.00 went $3300.00!!!

Not only that but a used Springfield XD not a XDM a XD in .40 S&W brought $900.00!!! You can buy them new for around $550.00

I just don't get how some guys just get such raging hardons for certian guns at auctions and spend double even triple what a guns worth.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's insane at what guns and ammo are costing right now. I can't understand how people can charge and why people are paying so much. Here in my hometown you can not find an AR or anything resembling an AR, magazines, stripper clips, 223/5.56 ammo, 9mm, 40 s&w, 45 acp or 22lr. Thankfully I don't have to get in this buying panic that a lot of people are in. I have all the guns and ammo I need along with access to a lot of ammo.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I frequent a local gun shop and noticed they had about 7 AR’s and SKS type rifles behind the case that were anywhere from $1700-3700 dollars, the high end being a Springfield M1a. I struck up a conversation with the young man working the counter and he said they were all consignments from a guy trying to take advantage of the current price gouging.
On the other hand I have seen a lot of fine (family heirlooms) doubles like Parkers and LC Smiths being traded in by the younger crowd so they can buy a black rifle. These doubles are marked to sale.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I frequent a local gun shop and noticed they had about 7 AR’s and SKS type rifles behind the case that were anywhere from $1700-3700 dollars, the high end being a Springfield M1a. I struck up a conversation with the young man working the counter and he said they were all consignments from a guy trying to take advantage of the current price gouging.
On the other hand I have seen a lot of fine (family heirlooms) doubles like Parkers and LC Smiths being traded in by the younger crowd so they can buy a black rifle. These doubles are marked to sale.

That is so sad :L

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ammo hoarding is the real problem right now in my local area. People are getting so crazy they are buying all of the sporting type shotshells (7.5-8's). I went in to my local big box store and they were sold out of the 100 round value packs.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it, it makes no sense to me as to why people are hoarding game load shotshells or 22lr. You can not get 22lr here. I'm friends with people here that sell a lot of ammo and they all tell me that they can't get any ammo from their distributor until late march or early april.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is so sad :L

It is sad, but it might give me a chance to find that needle in a hay stack type purchase. I'm looking for an LC Smith Long Range Waterfowl. Sooner or later I'm going to find one.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of my local gun shops have nothing left at all. Hell even Cabelas and Bass Pro got pretty much nothing left.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it, it makes no sense to me as to why people are hoarding game load shotshells or 22lr. You can not get 22lr here. I'm friends with people here that sell a lot of ammo and they all tell me that they can't get any ammo from their distributor until late march or early april.

Yeah, its nuts.... My local shop is even buying ammo from people who bring it in to sale.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabelas in CT got a pallet of .223 in.

Opened at 7AM and all was gone by 10.

I am just glad I hoarded all my ammo over the last few years so I am not worried.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a local gun auction here in SD and whatched 4 used AR rifles bring $1500.00 to $3300.00. A older Colt A2 sporter with a fixed handle that should of brought $1000.00 went $3300.00!!!

Not only that but a used Springfield XD not a XDM a XD in .40 S&W brought $900.00!!! You can buy them new for around $550.00

I just don't get how some guys just get such raging hardons for certian guns at auctions and spend double even triple what a guns worth.

I had a guy I do not know very well at my range come up to me when I was throwing a few down range with my AR. He asked what kind it was and such and asked if I woud be interested in selling. I said "what you willing to spend" He said 3500 right now CASH.

I admit I was tempted because I have 2 AR's but declined his offer. BTW The one I was shooting was my cheaper one that you could normally buy for 800 bucks.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of these rounds will never be used. I would imagine in about 20 or 30 years you will see all of this ammo back on the market unless something major happens between now and then.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a guy I do not know very well at my range come up to me when I was throwing a few down range with my AR. He asked what kind it was and such and asked if I woud be interested in selling. I said "what you willing to spend" He said 3500 right now CASH.

I admit I was tempted because I have 2 AR's but declined his offer. BTW The one I was shooting was my cheaper one that you could normally buy for 800 bucks.

I would have sold that shit all day long everyday for that kind of bread.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have sold that shit all day long everyday for that kind of bread.

Yeah that guy was a dumbass I would have sold it in a heart beat.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the scarcity of ammo is what's really got me scratching my head.....

Is it really a demand side run on it or is there something going on with the supply side?

I guess I just don't understand people hoarding up all the ammo.....they aren't going to ban ammo........I guess they could do something like Oscar wants and have obscene taxes on ammo to make it unaffordable.......

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is sad, but it might give me a chance to find that needle in a hay stack type purchase. I'm looking for an LC Smith Long Range Waterfowl. Sooner or later I'm going to find one.

Mookie, It took me three years before I found my superfox back in the late 90's and I so thankfull I found it when I did at an auction down in Nebraska and I got the gun for a song. That was not the right auction for that gun. The auctioneer didn't have a clue thought it was another old SxS. Last year I picked up a nice A H Fox CE grade. I'm still looking for a A H Fox 16 GA sterlingworth 30" BBL's with ejectors. I'm always in the market for fine doubles but it can be damn hard to find good honest guns that haven't been fucked with.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I must of missed this......so at least part of the problem is a supply side issue.....Did your friends tell you if their suppliers gave them any reasons for such a delay?

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must of missed this......so at least part of the problem is a supply side issue.....Did your friends tell you if their suppliers gave them any reasons for such a delay?

I didn't ask but I will the next time I see one of them.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's insane at what guns and ammo are costing right now. I can't understand how people can charge and why people are paying so much. Here in my hometown you can not find an AR or anything resembling an AR, magazines, stripper clips, 223/5.56 ammo, 9mm, 40 s&w, 45 acp or 22lr. Thankfully I don't have to get in this buying panic that a lot of people are in. I have all the guns and ammo I need along with access to a lot of ammo.

No shit! Academy and woods and water are wiped out! I hope everyone that is price gouging and asking 1500 for a DPMS shitty AR, drowns in their bathtub