• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gstaad thread

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please forecast about or discuss the event here. I think Fed has an excellent chance here. Hopefully the win will give him the confidence booster he sorely needs with his career and new frame switch. He plays his first match probably a rematch against Brands on Wednesday.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rematch between Federer and Brands. Hope the new racquet holds up. I am not underestimating Brands at all. Not sure why they put Fed's match for a Thursday instead of a Wednesday.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More news on the new racquet. It's not available to the masses just yet as Wilson is using Fed (or vice versa) as a guinea pig for the test/ experiment. So all the specs are hush hush at this point. But we do know its a 98 from pics and their admission. If Fed likes the prototype then they will do mass production and make it available to the masses and it will sell like hot cake with a few good results in the HC SWING. I would like Fed to win one of the masters titles.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting speculations about the new Federer racquet here:

Is Roger Federer using a new racquet at Hamburg 2013? - Page 3 - German Open, Hamburg - Roger Federer Fans 3

My own take is that Federer is promoting the Wilson 98 sqin frame line ( because let's face if the general mass consists of at best a 4.0 level or lesser players who would play better with a bigger headsize than not ). That is why he stated he is using a 98 sqin. In my experience the switch from a 90 to a 98 is too big a change. Federer thus is probably in actuality using a 93-95 sqin. The prototype can still undergo more modifications in the future. They are trying to make the perfect fit for his game.

However all said I still like the fact that he is playing with a slightly larger headsize as this will only help him and not hinder his game. Also the frame is lighter than what he normally uses as is illustrated by his backhand swings ( easy maneuverability produces a more lethal backhand - that everyone is attacking more and more these days - with more bite and angle ). I will try to find out more about the frame so please stay tuned

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed lost 3 and 4. This is the lowest he has dipped for the year. I think for this match it was more equipment issues than game or physical/mental issues. The racquet is not quite working out. Maybe they tweaked it some and it bombed. I wonder what his next step is. To keep experimenting with it and keep trying to modify it or go back to the previous 90 sqin.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting speculations about the new Federer racquet here:

Is Roger Federer using a new racquet at Hamburg 2013? - Page 3 - German Open, Hamburg - Roger Federer Fans 3

My own take is that Federer is promoting the Wilson 98 sqin frame line ( because let's face if the general mass consists of at best a 4.0 level or lesser players who would play better with a bigger headsize than not ). That is why he stated he is using a 98 sqin. In my experience the switch from a 90 to a 98 is too big a change. Federer thus is probably in actuality using a 93-95 sqin. The prototype can still undergo more modifications in the future. They are trying to make the perfect fit for his game.

However all said I still like the fact that he is playing with a slightly larger headsize as this will only help him and not hinder his game. Also the frame is lighter than what he normally uses as is illustrated by his backhand swings ( easy maneuverability produces a more lethal backhand - that everyone is attacking more and more these days - with more bite and angle ). I will try to find out more about the frame so please stay tuned

Interesting. I saw you bash players (WTA) with brute strength, ball bashing and modern equipment in another thread. Everybody knows you are bashing Serena. But, here you are all for modern equipment with your favorite Federer. What's going on?