• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden to return to Washington.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there is a good chance then that RGIII is gone as Gruden has made it very clear he is not the quarterback for Washington. I agree though good decision to stick with Gruden and see what he can do moving forward. I think all have seen what RGIII can do in Washington and at this point it is not pretty. In my opinion if RGIII wants any kind of chance to succeed in this league he needs to sit out for a couple of years and go to an established team and just learn the game again.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if RGIII will be in DC next season but I think bringing Gruden back was a mistake.

I think he's just too unprofessional to right a ship. I know the organization needs to stop the HC-merry-go-round but they probably should have let it go around one more time.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there is a good chance then that RGIII is gone as Gruden has made it very clear he is not the quarterback for Washington. I agree though good decision to stick with Gruden and see what he can do moving forward. I think all have seen what RGIII can do in Washington and at this point it is not pretty. In my opinion if RGIII wants any kind of chance to succeed in this league he needs to sit out for a couple of years and go to an established team and just learn the game again.

I agree and can't have a coaching carousel in Wash that revolves around Subway RG3. Can't let players dictate who coaches and who doesn't and be coach killers. Snyder must have grown a sack

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if RGIII will be in DC next season but I think bringing Gruden back was a mistake.

I think he's just too unprofessional to right a ship. I know the organization needs to stop the HC-merry-go-round but they probably should have let it go around one more time.

How has he been unprofessional?

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has he been unprofessional?

His statements to the media about Griffin were horrible unprofessional, especially for a first year HC.

It's great television to hype players to impossible standards then laugh at them when they fail to live up to those standards but the Redskins aren't 3-11 because of Griffin. It's a crappy team and using Griffin as the scapegoat won't do anything to fix that.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and can't have a coaching carousel in Wash that revolves around Subway RG3. Can't let players dictate who coaches and who doesn't and be coach killers. Snyder must have grown a sack

We have seen that happen in Chicago where they have had had coaches and OC's coming in and out since Cutler got to town and well it has not worked out well for them to let Cutler dictate what they do as a team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His statements to the media about Griffin were horrible unprofessional, especially for a first year HC.

It's great television to hype players to impossible standards then laugh at them when they fail to live up to those standards but the Redskins aren't 3-11 because of Griffin. It's a crappy and using Griffin as the scapegoat won't do anything to fix that.

It seems to me that Griffin bought in to the hype, throwing teammates and coaces under the bus, never taking accountability, seemingly always focused on media perception. Gruden spoke the truth about him, which was absolutely necessary. Not only did he need to stop being coddled, he needed a cold splash of harsh truth. Any good coach would do the same, try it behind closed doors first, then if he doesn't respond, take it public. RG3 has always been very concerned about what's said about him in the media, what better way to get his attention?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jay Gruden has handled this year well but he deserves more than one season. Long term I don't think he survives in Washington

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jay Gruden has handled this year well but he deserves more than one season. Long term I don't think he survives in Washington

I'd be surprised if he lasted long term too. What this signifies to me is that the inmates aren't running the asylum, at least right now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden says he will be back, but let me know when Snyder chimes in. THAT is going to be more telling.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, does it really matter?

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that Griffin bought in to the hype, throwing teammates and coaces under the bus, never taking accountability, seemingly always focused on media perception. Gruden spoke the truth about him, which was absolutely necessary. Not only did he need to stop being coddled, he needed a cold splash of harsh truth. Any good coach would do the same, try it behind closed doors first, then if he doesn't respond, take it public. RG3 has always been very concerned about what's said about him in the media, what better way to get his attention?

I don't know how true any of that actually is though.

The off field "personality" of Griffin looks to me to be as much of a media creation as Johnny Manziel's. I'm really just not sure what the horrible things the two of them have done and whenever I ask I get some vague buzzwords on "branding" or whatever.

Washington's best player is Griffin. I have no idea who will be taking snaps under center next year but unless they address their o-line it won't matter all that much. Griffin may not necessarily be the answer but he's not the problem and hanging it all around his neck solves nothing.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how true any of that actually is though.

The off field "personality" of Griffin looks to me to be as much of a media creation as Johnny Manziel's. I'm really just not sure what the horrible things the two of them have done and whenever I ask I get some vague buzzwords on "branding" or whatever.

Washington's best player is Griffin. I have no idea who will be taking snaps under center next year but unless they address their o-line it won't matter all that much. Griffin may not necessarily be the answer but he's not the problem and hanging it all around his neck solves nothing.

Griffin's off field personality has never been in question. Its the way he conducts himself with media, always making excuses with "the other team seemed to know what we were gonna do or" other great QB's like Rodgers and Manning can't do it on their own" really your in the great QB group? Then a grown man has his father come into the locker room to coddle him. He' is lucky Santana Moss didnt bitch slap him when he told him to worry about himself and man up. Kinda what Smith did with Cam

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gruden is trying to get fired. He gave a lukewarm endorsement of Desean Jackson today while praising Jeremy Maclin as his type of player.

"Good wide receiver but . . . the last couple weeks he’s been dealing with an injury and he hasn’t been quite the same,” Gruden said. “I’m a ‘what-have-you-done-for-me-lately’ kind of guy and lately we haven’t seen the DeSean we need to see.”

In contrast, Gruden praised Jackson’s former teammate in Philadelphia, Jeremy Maclin.

“He’s a consistent pro, man,” Gruden said. “I love the way he plays, his approach to the football game. . . . He’s tough and it seems like whenever Philly needs a big play, third down and long or they’re trailing, Maclin seems to always show up.

“Type of guy you want. Accountable guys that when the game’s on the line they have no problem making the play, and Jeremy’s done that.”

Jay Gruden gives lukewarm assessment of DeSean, praises Maclin | ProFootballTalk

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grudens can go coach together in San Fran

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gruden is trying to get fired. He gave a lukewarm endorsement of Desean Jackson today while praising Jeremy Maclin as his type of player.

"Good wide receiver but . . . the last couple weeks he’s been dealing with an injury and he hasn’t been quite the same,” Gruden said. “I’m a ‘what-have-you-done-for-me-lately’ kind of guy and lately we haven’t seen the DeSean we need to see.”

In contrast, Gruden praised Jackson’s former teammate in Philadelphia, Jeremy Maclin.

“He’s a consistent pro, man,” Gruden said. “I love the way he plays, his approach to the football game. . . . He’s tough and it seems like whenever Philly needs a big play, third down and long or they’re trailing, Maclin seems to always show up.

“Type of guy you want. Accountable guys that when the game’s on the line they have no problem making the play, and Jeremy’s done that.”

Jay Gruden gives lukewarm assessment of DeSean, praises Maclin | ProFootballTalk

I like that. Commentslike that shouldnt get you fired, they should fire up your players.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin's off field personality has never been in question. Its the way he conducts himself with media, always making excuses with "the other team seemed to know what we were gonna do or" other great QB's like Rodgers and Manning can't do it on their own" really your in the great QB group? Then a grown man has his father come into the locker room to coddle him. He' is lucky Santana Moss didnt bitch slap him when he told him to worry about himself and man up. Kinda what Smith did with Cam

You're just kind of listing generic foolishness that pretty much applies to every single NFL QB.

I haven't seen any evidence that RGIII has a bad personality. I think running QB's are a bad idea and that's pretty much the only concern I have with him.