• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Griff to Roberts Film Breakdown

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Martinez...

If you want strictly a pocket passer and are trying to win games this season...I would rather KC in the game.

If you want to start coaching and play-calling to win football games and score points...I will take RG3 this week.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we want to win, period.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Martinez...

If you want strictly a pocket passer and are trying to win games this season...I would rather KC in the game.

If you want to start coaching and play-calling to win football games and score points...I will take RG3 this week.

we want to win, period.

:agree:

Griff can't be strictly a pocket passer this year if we are going to win. There needs to be a transition which aids him in learning pocket presence, but not at the expense of wins. That's on the game planning. Jay needs to step up and get creative...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would rather see him throw on time and miss than not throw on time and still miss. Accuracy can be corrected, slow response time or poor decision making will haunt you in alot more areas.

You really think accuracy can be learned easier than reacting to a new system? Was accuracy easy to learn for Dave Brown, Donocan McNabb, Tim Tebow?

I don't believe that. Accuracy, like a jump shot and the amateur who can make 10 foot putts, is something you are born with. Sure you can improve but hitting what you throw at was something Troy Aikman and Philip Rivers were born with. And Griffin has it too.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think accuracy can be learned easier than reacting to a new system? Was accuracy easy to learn for Dave Brown, Donocan McNabb, Tim Tebow?

I don't believe that. Accuracy, like a jump shot and the amateur who can make 10 foot putts, is something you are born with. Sure you can improve but hitting what you throw at was something Troy Aikman and Philip Rivers were born with. And Griffin has it too.

Brown, McNabb and Tebow all had pocket presence issues early one much as Griffin does. McNabb and Tebow made up for it by not staying in the pocket very often. You mention Aikman and Rivers, both QBs who mastered what it was to throw with timing to a spot, not so much to a receiver. It should be very telling that we dont see many 5 and 7 yard slant timing patterns out of our offense the past three years. And even when we do see them Griffin tends to hold the rock until he see's the WR open and then throws it. Aikman and Rivers could throw a guy open on occasion. Bottom line is throw it on time and give the guy a chance to make a play. Throw t late and you force the guy to HAVE to make a play just to get the completion.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown and Tebow are out of the league because they missed what they were throwing at. This was McNabb's issue too and prevented him from ever being as great as it appeared he might be.

There is no doubt Griffin's timing is late. This can improve with reps and experience, just as learning a defense can be learned. Again look at Aikman's early numbers. What can't be learned IMO is being able to hit what you are throwing at. Some can, come can't, and that's a huge difference.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another take

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ceilings only matter if you are tall enough to reach them. When was the last time you walked into a midgets house with vaulted ceilings after all?? I actually HOPE he has a GOOD season, because that can only help the team. But I have no faith in him being more than average as a pocket passer. And if the pocket passer thing is driven by him as apposed to the coach.. in that case I think it fails.

coach gruden stated HE wanted to do away with the read option play

Rg3 stated in this weeks presser he would run the plays the coach called and if that meant more running plays he will run them

both are on film and are recent .

ask any running qb if they want to be more of a pocket passer and all would say yes

so how many more times do we have to deal with the csi speculation and call it fact ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rg3 stated in this weeks presser he would run the plays the coach called and if that meant more running plays he will run them

ask any running qb if they want to be more of a pocket passer and all would say yes

so how many more times do we have to deal with the csi speculation and call it fact ?

Until Robert's actions match up to his words, most likely.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Griffin and Daddy Griffin both let lots of people know last year that he wanted to be a pocket passer and not a runner. Gruden was also on record as saying there would be SOME read option but not as much as before. No CSI here.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin and Daddy Griffin both let lots of people know last year that he wanted to be a pocket passer and not a runner. Gruden was also on record as saying there would be SOME read option but not as much as before. No CSI here.

There's no CSI. Its clear through the words and actions of RG3 and his camp that he drove the requirement for him to stop running. His Dad came out after season 1 and said just that. Now who thinks his Dad doesn't have influence and speak for Robert himself?

Then there is the fact that in Gruden's first press conference after being named that he said it would be crazy not to use RG3s running ability. Then a few days later, he recanted and said that RG3 would be a pocket passer. Wonder why the change of heart?

Dad can keep on spouting CSI, CSI, but when one looks at the totality of actions from camp RG3, there is no question who is driving the campaign for Robert to be a pocket passer.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay, Shark, and myself...the voice of reason but called conspiracy theorists.

Everybody else is naïve and believes the latest thing out of people's mouths are truth.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay, Shark, and myself...the voice of reason but called conspiracy theorists.

Everybody else is naïve and believes the latest thing out of people's mouths are truth.

I just read this, the latest thing you said on the topic. So should I immediately dismiss it as untrue?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dismiss it if you want. Without his legs keeping defenses honest...RG3 will never be a good QB.

GK... Im not going to say he will never be a GOOD QB. But I will say this, all the elite QBs have something that sets them apart from the good to very good QBs. In the case of Peyton Manning, its his mind and ability to outthink a defense combined with his quick release. This was the same trait Aikman had (yes fuck he was elite). Montana had his quick release and his ability to move. A trait that all your mobile Elite QBs have is the ability to move around and keep their eyes scanning down field. What Robert currently lacks is the eyes down field part. Its why he didnt pick up Roberts until late. It worked in his rookie year because even when he didnt lok until late, defenses were more worried about getting beat by him taking off running. Without that threat, CBs stay honest to the route instead of trying to come up and prevent the run. Which is why you dont see RG3 hitting on those broken coverage plays that we saw in 2012.

All in all I think he can be an average to good pocket passer. So the real question becomes are you ok with a Jason Campbell to Joe Flacco type of player. Or did you expect more of an Arron Rogers out of this move. :noidea:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no CSI. Its clear through the words and actions of RG3 and his camp that he drove the requirement for him to stop running. His Dad came out after season 1 and said just that. Now who thinks his Dad doesn't have influence and speak for Robert himself?

Then there is the fact that in Gruden's first press conference after being named that he said it would be crazy not to use RG3s running ability. Then a few days later, he recanted and said that RG3 would be a pocket passer. Wonder why the change of heart?

Dad can keep on spouting CSI, CSI, but when one looks at the totality of actions from camp RG3, there is no question who is driving the campaign for Robert to be a pocket passer.

according to you guys if Rg2 had the influence you say he has art briles would be HC

i got both on film and what both have said (Rg3 most recently this week )

gruden the HC said he wouldnt run the read option very much at all . he didnt run it at all vs the texans

he has stuck to what he has said but of course Rg2 is pulling team strings now and gruden is his puppet because god forbid he is his own man and coaching the team the way he seems fit

the totatlity of the actions of his camp and what they are accused of and how much influence they have have either been found out to be false or is pure speculation by writers as fact when in fact they arent just as the "real " conversation cowherd and dilfer had

no facts just theory . theories arent facts

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to you guys if Rg2 had the influence you say he has art briles would be HC

gruden the HC said he wouldnt run the read option very much at all . he didnt run it at all vs the texans

he has stuck to what he has said but of course Rg2 is pulling team strings now and gruden is his puppet because god forbid he is his own man and coaching the team the way he seems fit

the totatlity of the actions of his camp and what they are accused of and how much influence they have have either been found out to be false or is pure speculation by writers as fact when in fact they arent just as the "real " conversation cowherd and dilfer had

Actions speak louder than words is all I will say on CSI and theories. Actions got the coach fired. Both those of the coach, but also and I think much more importantly the QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actions speak louder than words is all I will say on CSI and theories. Actions got the coach fired. Both those of the coach, but also and I think much more importantly the QB.

the HC got fired because he was 3-13 and if you believe the CSI theories , wanted to quit after the seatle game

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said RG2 had influence with team decisions, I said he had influence with RG3. And you better believe that RG3 has influence with team decisions.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said RG2 had influence with team decisions, I said he had influence with RG3. And you better believe that RG3 has influence with team decisions.

yeah and that is why we have art briles as coach . right , or Rg3 was right in the meeting room picking players for the draft . and he hired gruden

shoot he has danny on speed dial for that limo his wife needs

you guys have repeatedly said he had lunches with snyder undermining the HC without any evidence . you bought the film room session BS we doesnt include me , rg3 demanded to snyder that art briles should be HC RG3 and 2 demnded he doesnt run the ball

all without evidence and subsequently proved false

i post videos you dont watch showing these thing and "you dont look at them

everything that comes out of Rg3 's mouth is a lie yet shanny is true except when it come to hasletts defense which he routinely interfered with yet with Rg3 , it is all him because he wears different color socks

shoot you all bought the mythical conversation cowherd and dilfer had

these are all things that have been said and taken as gospel

and if it isnt you directly i am sure people from your faction have because i went round and round for months about this and was called "naive "

i am sure you never said " what are they talking about over lunch " or how it was wrong to do so even though his peers do it all the time

i am sure Rg3 was accused of trying to get briles hired

and of course a dad checking on his son after a game is evil

and of course if a dad wants to see his son protected that is a mortal sin too

and of course a dad having influence on his son is an offense punishable by death

you guys ignore the fact that GRUDEN himself said what his plan for RG3 was

you ignore the fact that 3 days ago Rg3 himself said if the coach calls for him to run more designed runs he will

you have no evidence what so ever of Rg3 ever refusing to run a play that his HC or OC called

and now a running qb saying he wants to be more of a pocket passer is yet another nail in the team player coffin because no where in the history of the NFL has a running qb said that

never have heard that in my life never so Rg3 is a selfish malcontent coach killer