• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Jamison to buy Yotes?

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison heads group interested in purchasing Coyotes - ESPN

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- A group headed by former San Jose Sharks president and CEO Greg Jamison is one of two bidders for the Phoenix Coyotes.

Glendale spokeswoman Julie Frisoni confirmed Friday that Jamison was one of the bidders and that no bonds would be sold as part of any proposed deals. She would not elaborate on the negotiations or who the other bidder was.

No formal offer has been made to buy the team, sources told ESPN.com's Scott Burnside.

The Coyotes have been owned by the NHL since the team filed for bankruptcy in the fall of 2009. The city of Glendale paid $25 million for the second straight year so the team could continue playing at Jobing.com Arena for the 2011-12 season.

Anthony LeBlanc, the head of Ice Edge Holdings believes Jamison's interest is good news for the team. Ice Edge Holdings was involved in negotiations to buy the Coyotes for the better part of two years.

"What I'm hearing through reliable sources is that he's the real deal," LeBlanc told ESPN.com.

Jamison stepped away from his role as president and CEO of the Sharks almost a year ago, but he is still listed on the team's website as part of the ownership group. He would have to sever ties with the Sharks if he was to become owner of the Coyotes.

Chicago businessman Michael Hulsizer withdrew from talks to buy the team in June.

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As far as I'm concerned, this is good news for us. I remember when Jamison was running the show our ownership group was penny pinching and the first thing he said when he took over was that he wanted to make the organization profitable. Now realistically, every owner wants that, but that's not what you're supposed to tell the fans. You're supposed to focus on winning first. I'm not sure why the hell he'd want to buy the Yotes, but if that means they're gonna be lowballing players and not pursuing free agents, that's a good thing for us.