• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Cosell on KNBR

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
COSELL: Right now, the 49ers are built in a way that always leads to success. Wherever that goes remains to be seen, but whenever you can – and these are clichés but they’re true – whenever you can run the ball effectively, whenever you play good to great defense – and they’re closer to great – whenever you have good special teams, whenever you don’t turn the ball over on offense you can compete with anybody. So they’re built to do that. The question becomes as I said earlier, if something fluky or strange happens or if their defense goes to New Orleans and has a bad game and all of a sudden they’re down two or three touchdowns, what happens then? That’s the only question. And as I said, we don’t know the answer to that, but that’s the question.

glad to know these old cliches are MOSTLY true today, granted there's a trend to the pass. i've always been a big believe in defense cause it keeps you competitive, ESPECIALLY in the play-offs. so we're in top shape there.

we just don't recognize ST's enough - unless they give up a TD - but the coverages have been great all season. the kicking game speaks for itself, both punting and place kicking.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its gotta be the best kicking game in the history of the league, right? Obviously kicking gets better all the time, and Oakland has been running a great set of players out for last couple years......but just nothing like what our guys have done. Lee should be making 5x as much as he does.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its gotta be the best kicking game in the history of the league, right? Obviously kicking gets better all the time, and Oakland has been running a great set of players out for last couple years......but just nothing like what our guys have done. Lee should be making 5x as much as he does.

hard to top Oakland but we certainly have good ST's now.

like the fact our coverages are good, if we don't get another return for TD fine, just don't give up one.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this perception of what do we do if we fall behind by 2 or 3 possessions. Do people just forget the Philly game happened this year because it was so long ago?

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Blake Costanzo and the SF ST coverage unit has been ridiculous this season. Did you see that last punt return for a bunch of negative yards? I almost felt sorry for Antonio Brown, he had nowhere to go but backwards.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love this perception of what do we do if we fall behind by 2 or 3 possessions. Do people just forget the Philly game happened this year because it was so long ago?

thats just one game, one with a RB who unexplicably gives up the football at the goal line?

to me that statement is true, in most games we struggle to score.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats just one game, one with a RB who unexplicably gives up the football at the goal line?

to me that statement is true, in most games we struggle to score.

What does Ronnie Brown's fumble have to do with our offense in the second half?