• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grammys' Show Was Pathetic

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first live performance of wap..... :blessed:

"I'm here to lift woman up"-megan the stallion

I would have enjoyed that one more with the sound off. I usually watch most of it just to get an idea of what's popular these days. Some of it was not bad... Black Pumas & Billie Eilish were highlights for me.

I missed Billie Eilish accepting for record of the year. But I read that she's apologizing again, presumably for being so brilliant that they had to give it to her again.

Last edited:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These shows break new records every year for lowest audience. Nobody cares anymore. Not even people who listen to artists that are winning. Every award show has seen the same trend. Awards for art are stupid.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have enjoyed that one more with the sound off. I usually watch most of it just to get an idea of what's popular these days. Some of it was not bad... Black Pumas & Billie Eilish were highlights for me.

I missed Billie Eilish accepting for record of the year. But I read that she's apologizing again, presumably for being so brilliant that they had to give it to her again.
Black Puma and Billie are definitely two of the bright spots of the new music industry right now. I like their stuff.

Billie is so fucking talented.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Puma and Billie are definitely two of the bright spots of the new music industry right now. I like their stuff.

Billie is so fucking talented.
i like some of her songs but her stuff tends to sound the same after a while....spoken word vocal delivery can only go so far

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like some of her songs but her stuff tends to sound the same after a while....spoken word vocal delivery can only go so far

It's not spoken word for the most part. She's definitely singing, but it is soft and gentle. That gives her more room and range to move within the song. You can't teach what she has wrt to her ability to interpret the emotions of a song imo. Then there are the songs themselves, which I take it both she and her brother create together, that are rich both musically and lyrically. So yeah, I like her a lot and I think that she's going to be around for while.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch, so don't really know what happened. But apparently a lot of people are pissed about Eddie Van Halen. Just Google'd it, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like they did a tribute segment to artists that have passed this year? And from my understanding they did a full live performance and tribute for 3 of the people and then just showed a 10 second video of Eddie playing his guitar? Not really my type of music so I don't know much about it, but I thought Eddie Van Halen is/was one of those legendary guitar gods that the whole genre of rock looks up to? If so that is pretty fucked up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch, so don't really know what happened. But apparently a lot of people are pissed about Eddie Van Halen. Just Google'd it, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like they did a tribute segment to artists that have passed this year? And from my understanding they did a full live performance and tribute for 3 of the people and then just showed a 10 second video of Eddie playing his guitar? Not really my type of music so I don't know much about it, but I thought Eddie Van Halen is/was one of those legendary guitar gods that the whole genre of rock looks up to? If so that is pretty fucked up.

They asked his kid Wolfgang to perform Eruption on the show, but he declined. So, they did the bare minimum it seems.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Swift..............really?