• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grading our players: Ezekiel Ansah

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Ziggy is an eight. He was a high level starter last year. I think that he sowed all pro potential. He is one of the best run stopping defensive ends. He has versatility and just needs to grow a little as a pass rusher. I do think that he will be a Mario Williams type player though. A guy that is a great overall player, but he may not get those gaudy 15-20 sack years that some get.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to present the totals for the players after we finish up. Should be interesting.

I was hoping something like this would happen. Since I'm looking at everyones numbers and it seems like people think we only have one or two high level starters on our number 2 overall defense. Austin is good, but he's not that good.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. He should continue to improve. Great player as is.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping something like this would happen. Since I'm looking at everyones numbers and it seems like people think we only have one or two high level starters on our number 2 overall defense. Austin is good, but he's not that good.

Shows you how bad Gunther was. People try to convince me that Gunther was just a puppet for Schwartz. How does Schwartz go to Buffalo and have a great defense if the Lions have all of this talent on defense and couldn't thrive? Cunningham was not a good DC. Too vanilla and predictable. Can we all finally acknowledge that the issues on Defense were because of him?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The emergence of Slay and replacement of our safeties are monumental for our defense. Gunny didn't fix it, but our secondary was putrid. There were so many failed assignments during his tenure. So I'm not going to put it all on him. I'd see him make a good call and just see the players fail hard a lot.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The emergence of Slay and replacement of our safeties are monumental for our defense. Gunny didn't fix it, but our secondary was putrid. There were so many failed assignments during his tenure. So I'm not going to put it all on him. I'd see him make a good call and just see the players fail hard a lot.

An improved Slay and the addition of Digs propels the Lions to a #2 defense after being bottom 10 the majority of Gunthers tenure? We'll have to agree to disagree.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that I'm not putting in all on him. Having two cornerbacks that can cover made a huge difference. Our nickel back that sucked last year was as effective as our starters for much of Gunny's tenure. For most of his tenure he had one terrible and one ok safety, he had all terrible cornerbacks. One average linebacker and one good one. One above average defensive end, one average DT and one great DT.

I would argue that every position is better than it was for most of Gunny's tenure. He's over the hill and out of coaching for a reason, but this unit is more talented than it was for most of his watch.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that I'm not putting in all on him. Having two cornerbacks that can cover made a huge difference. Our nickel back that sucked last year was as effective as our starters for much of Gunny's tenure. For most of his tenure he had one terrible and one ok safety, he had all terrible cornerbacks. One average linebacker and one good one. One above average defensive end, one average DT and one great DT.

I would argue that every position is better than it was for most of Gunny's tenure. He's over the hill and out of coaching for a reason, but this unit is more talented than it was for most of his watch.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread. I'll create one real quick Falcon.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows you how bad Gunther was. People try to convince me that Gunther was just a puppet for Schwartz. How does Schwartz go to Buffalo and have a great defense if the Lions have all of this talent on defense and couldn't thrive? Cunningham was not a good DC. Too vanilla and predictable. Can we all finally acknowledge that the issues on Defense were because of him?

But Schwartz handled the defensive play calling...

:noidea:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$(KGrHqR,!qIFHw5jZWpHBR96dt5MRw~~60_35.JPG

OR
1.4187869.jpg

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Ansah get 12+ sacks this season before unloading a huge contract on him.

I'm cool with letting Levy walk if we could somehow draft Scooby Wright of Arizona next year.