• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got a eerie feeling Josh McDaniels will be named our HC next week.

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Young 38........A teacher.....I think Kap wiwill Thrive in this offense. ...... I have no problem if he's hired...... what he did in Denver do not scare me. He learned hopefully from mistakes. Hey Billichek was trash in Cleveland b4 he got pats gig.....just saying. .......Oh n I believe FANGIO n Donatell will be retained as well....what u guys think. Is y all ok with this if it happens

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes I do think it is possible given the delay in hiring someone. By delay I mean we are at the 7 -10 day soft signing statement made by Jed. That and the fact Shanny and co. Are all avail. Now.. What's the hang up is money terms and Mcdaniels current obligations.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think it will be him or Quinn. Quinn has been impressive.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I care for either. What Fangio has done is more impressive than Quinn.

I agree that Fangio had been more impressive. Quinn inherited the number 1 defense and kept it number 1. Fangio had undrafted ILB and 7th round ILB. He had no nt and 6th round pass rusher for most the season. Oh who was his dbs by the way?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Fangio had been more impressive. Quinn inherited the number 1 defense and kept it number 1. Fangio had undrafted ILB and 7th round ILB. He had no nt and 6th round pass rusher for most the season. Oh who was his dbs by the way?

Exactly. Put half of their defense on injured reserve and then see how good he looks

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe some of these candidates are leery about what really happened between Jim and the front office. You win almost 70% of your games and go to a Super Bowl and after four years, you resign due to "philosophical differences." Maybe McDaniels would rather work for Belichick and Kraft than having to work for Jed and Trent.

That would only be true if the 49ers were the only team that interviewed them... If they interviewed with other teams as well but decided to stay put, that's a difeerent story

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope he is!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some of these candidates are leery about what really happened between Jim and the front office. You win almost 70% of your games and go to a Super Bowl and after four years, you resign due to "philosophical differences." Maybe McDaniels would rather work for Belichick and Kraft than having to work for Jed and Trent.

I dont think so. These jobs are hard to get and regardless these guys are often going into bad situations in one way or another

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is staying with the Pats. he turned us down last time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has he done more?

i dont know if i should respond to this. its pretty clear to see. he won a superbowl because of his D and did it with less probowlers then the 49ers D. its pretty clear. hope this helps.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think so. These jobs are hard to get and regardless these guys are often going into bad situations in one way or another

True. But if you're interviewing for the Niners' head coaching vacancy knowing that the previous coach won almost 70% of his games and was let go/resign (whatever you want to call it), would you have some concerns? Usually it's the bad teams that need a new coach like the Raiders or the Jets, but the Niners are a good team. I'm sure these OC and DC want the opportunity, one has to wonder why things went sour this year. I guess the old addage of "winning cures everything" is not always true.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know if i should respond to this. its pretty clear to see. he won a superbowl because of his D and did it with less probowlers then the 49ers D. its pretty clear. hope this helps.
Which team has better dline and secondary? That's a no brainer they do. We have the better lbs and pro bowl doesn't mean Jack. That defense was great when he got there How was 49ers defense pre Fangio?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True. But if you're interviewing for the Niners' head coaching vacancy knowing that the previous coach won almost 70% of his games and was let go/resign (whatever you want to call it), would you have some concerns? Usually it's the bad teams that need a new coach like the Raiders or the Jets, but the Niners are a good team. I'm sure these OC and DC want the opportunity, one has to wonder why things went sour this year. I guess the old addage of "winning cures everything" is not always true.

The same can be said about the Broncos...

There are only 32 HC positions in the NFL... Successful coaches normally last very long in their positions... Usually, only teams with a bad track record in winning have coaching vacancies... The Niners have a roster that can be considered as a SB contender... What easier way to succeed is there?..

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team has better dline and secondary? That's a no brainer they do. We have the better lbs and pro bowl doesn't mean Jack. That defense was great when he got there How was 49ers defense pre Fangio?

I disagree. We agree to disagree. Our D chokes when it comes to the playoffs. His did turns it up a level. Seattle won because of the D and they are doing it again. I just feel Gase has done more. Don't get me wrong Im a Fangio fan and don't want to discredit what he has done.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look what Denver just did. Fox just brought them to the super bowl and to playoffs again and he just got fired.