• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good trade?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sending Phillip rivers and demarco Murray to his team for Aaron Rodgers and Greg Olson.

I could have relied on rivers this season, his numbers aren't half bad, but I am looking for more production from the quarterback position. Kyle Rudolph has not been getting it done due to quarterback ineptitude and has posted a 5 as his best game. Is this a good trade?

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to give up Murray in a PPR league for A-Rod. Are there any TE on the WW you can pick up. I just can't see Olsen as your savior. How about Heath Miller? Top 5 TE last yr, and looked good already coming back. Ben loves this guy. Anyone out there on WW for QB too? I think Murray showed Dal what he can do with the ball when he gets it, he was huge last week, and I think it continues, esp with Miles and his hammy issue again.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see Olsen as your savior.

I don't think he needs Olsen as his savior, but he definitely towers over Rudolph... and Rodgers over Rivers is a great jump too. Hopefully, losing Murray doesn't cripple your RB situation, but I think it's a good deal.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this deal for you. Rogers is a huge upgrade. I think that Rivers will disappoint before the season is over. Hate to lose Murray, but that is the cost of this deal. Olsen helps at TE but the reason you make this trade is the QB upgrade.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are your other RBs? That makes a big difference on if this is a great trade. Given Demarco's injury history (9 games missed in 2 years), and Aaron Rodgers' elite status, this could end up being a trade that vaults you to the top of your league. It's also great that Rodgers is gonna be done with his bye this week (I assume since you're just posting about this trade right now, it won't go through until this week is over, so that's a HUGE + for you getting Rodgers). I also share your displeasure for Rudolph. It's too bad. If they can get a good passer in the draft this year, he has top 5-7 TE potential, but he's really limited with Ponder. Maybe Cassell will help.

In summary, I like Olsen a lot at TE, and Rodgers speaks for himself. If your RB situation aside from Demarco isn't bad, you definitely made a good trade :thumb:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great advice so far gentlemen. It is a PPR league for starters and yes Murray has been more than I have expected this year. One of my concerns was his health and how often he misses games for small injuries. I have a lot of depth at WR which could make it easy to trade for another running back if something were to happen but I currently have Moreno, shady and deangelo williams on the roster. My other quarterback is Eli and we have all seen how that situation has played out. As for picking up a TE, I put a claim in on Heath Miller but somebody just claimed him earlier this week. All in all, I think this trade had to be done and is good for both parties.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great advice so far gentlemen. It is a PPR league for starters and yes Murray has been more than I have expected this year. One of my concerns was his health and how often he misses games for small injuries. I have a lot of depth at WR which could make it easy to trade for another running back if something were to happen but I currently have Moreno, shady and deangelo williams on the roster. My other quarterback is Eli and we have all seen how that situation has played out. As for picking up a TE, I put a claim in on Heath Miller but somebody just claimed him earlier this week. All in all, I think this trade had to be done and is good for both parties.

Couldn't agree more. Shady is the best fantasy back thusfar and you can get offense from Moreno, especially in a PPR. D-Will has been fantastic so far as well. Pairing Rodgers with Shady is a formidable force every week, especially since you only have to worry about Shady's bye looking forward.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see what Cassell does with Rudolph before I trade him. He is a much better passer than Ponder, IMO.