• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good point by Goose on Jerry/Ware

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He "learned" to say goodbye....at the worst time possible. There were lesser players than Ware that he kept around that should have been jettisoned. He kicks arguably (probably really isn't arguable) the best pass rusher in Cowboys history to the curb after just two mildly productive seasons before that said player was 32 years-old (meaning he still had productive --possibly even elite-- years left). Yet he gives Spencer the franchise tag and he eventually gets hurt for the entire season. Do I need to mention all the other garbage he's kept around long passed their welcome? Good thing for us the only thing that we have worth a shit on the defensive line is the Defensive Coordinator. Till death do us part.

Keeping Ware and paying him a boatload of money for past accomplishments is how you lose games. It's basically the same formula that has turned one of the premier franchises into a sports radio punchline. Ware missed 3 of 16 games last season and had to take a lot of plays off when he was available. He might have been the best pass rusher in the NFL years ago but you can't take a $16M cap hit on a player like that.

Paying players boatloads of money for past accomplishments has left the Dallas Cowboys in a terrible financial situation. I would have loved to have seen Ware finish out his season in Big D but I would rather Jones turn the page on his idiocy and make this the foundation of smart ownership/management.