• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good game, fellas...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nicely done. Big ups. One more with ya in KC. looking forward to it, but you guys certainly deserved it tonight...:suds:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nicely done. Big ups. One more with ya in KC. looking forward to it, but you guys certainly deserved it tonight...:suds:

Thanks, CL. Looking forward to round 2 in a couple weeks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the true sportsmanship. Honestly was impressed by the chiefs offense or at least Alex smith. A few key drops really separated this game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the true sportsmanship. Honestly was impressed by the chiefs offense or at least Alex smith. A few key drops really separated this game.

Yeah, those penalties though that killed some 1st downs, and by extension the drive really killed the Chiefs offense tonight imo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those penalties though that killed some 1st downs, and by extension the drive really killed the Chiefs offense tonight imo.

At times it started feeling like the refs just wanted to be a part of the game so just kept throwing their flags for a few ticky tacky calls but hey I guess in today's NFL you have to do what you can in spite of the refs and what they are doing.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, I keep saying "if only we had receivers". Makes a big difference. I'm certain that'll be addressed in the off season...least I'd hope so...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I keep saying "if only we had receivers". Makes a big difference. I'm certain that'll be addressed in the off season...least I'd hope so...

Yeah I would say the defense should be set with what they have so the Chiefs can actually use this off season to address the offensive side of the ball. Would you say last night was your #1 pick Fischer's best game? I was actually pretty impressed with him as I thought Von Miller would steal his lunch all game.

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:suds: back at ya CL, The Chiefs are on the the right track ! I still can't believe the schedule gods have us playing again in 2 weeks....

Go Broncos!
:suds:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would say the defense should be set with what they have so the Chiefs can actually use this off season to address the offensive side of the ball. Would you say last night was your #1 pick Fischer's best game? I was actually pretty impressed with him as I thought Von Miller would steal his lunch all game.

Agreed. As I watched the game last night I noticed he got beat pretty good a couple of times, but he seemed to bounce back afterward. Like I was saying on the Chiefs board I think he and Asamoah are finally starting to get it. Going into the season it was the right side of our o-line that concerned me the most...

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously? I thought Fisher was AWFUL last game. In fact, a big focus here on the radio is the fact that after playing well the last few weeks he really had a rough game last night.

That play where Wolfe beat him for the sack was a really terrible play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I thought Fisher was AWFUL last game. In fact, a big focus here on the radio is the fact that after playing well the last few weeks he really had a rough game last night.

That play where Wolfe beat him for the sack was a really terrible play.

Ok I can agree with that. I thought he handled Von Miller better than I thought he would. Is that better? I thought Von would get at least a sack or two coming at Fischer and for the most part was completely held in check. This was also the worst game I have seen Von Miller against the run game as usually he is very dominant. Honestly this last game was one of the worst that I have seen Von Miller play.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I can agree with that. I thought he handled Von Miller better than I thought he would. Is that better? I thought Von would get at least a sack or two coming at Fischer and for the most part was completely held in check. This was also the worst game I have seen Von Miller against the run game as usually he is very dominant. Honestly this last game was one of the worst that I have seen Von Miller play.

I thought Von's game last night was more about the Chiefs being absolutely determined to not let him beat them then it was a poor game on Von's part. Just about every run went away from him and the Chiefs pretty consistently had several guys in to block him. In fact, I'd say their focus on Von is what allowed Shaun Phillips to have such an outstanding game.

Speaking of which, I haven't heard much talk about it, but my goodness was Phillips great last night. 10 tackles, 1 and a half sacks, and 2 passes defensed from a defensive end? That was a sick game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Von's game last night was more about the Chiefs being absolutely determined to not let him beat them then it was a poor game on Von's part. Just about every run went away from him and the Chiefs pretty consistently had several guys in to block him. In fact, I'd say their focus on Von is what allowed Shaun Phillips to have such an outstanding game.

Speaking of which, I haven't heard much talk about it, but my goodness was Phillips great last night. 10 tackles, 1 and a half sacks, and 2 passes defensed from a defensive end? That was a sick game.

I agree they focused on Von as every team will this year. I just didn't see Von getting really any kind of pressure even when he was one on one against Fischer who I thought he would just dominate in those situations. In the run game yes they ran quite a bit away from him but they also used Von's aggressiveness against him with those naked bootlegs that gave Smith quite a few rushing yards. There were also a few plays where Von thought with his speed he could get to Charles in the back field where Charles beat him ever so slightly to the edge. Not usually for huge gains but I do think Von underestimated Charles' speed a bit in this one. Maybe I have just been spoiled by seeing how much Von can dominate games that when he only plays an above average game it looks like crap. Just one of those times I wasn't impressed but overall the whole defense played great.

Like you said though the focus on Von does allow things to open up for others like Phillips and Wolfe and both stepped up yesterday like we needed them to.