• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good game. Bad punk play from Bostic

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, so, so, so, so, so. I was never unhappy. I just thought your post was, not nonsensical necessarily, but lets say, basic. Where does the rationale you're using stop? Mahomes threw his only TD pass after KC was up on Denver 30-9 in the 4th quarter. Was that cool?

What was a close game early in the 4th qt @24-20, turned into a Bucs blowout win over the Raiders. When the Bucs scored the last 21 points of the game. Including a 1 yd TD by Brady for the last Bucs TD with about 4 minutes left in the game. Was that acceptable?

Those are just 2 examples from yesterday. But you could come up with all types of examples on numerous types plays every Sunday. Knockout shots, 50 yd TD runs, 70 TD passes, long INT n Fum ret for TDs, sack strips for TDs etc. Often times come when a game is out of reach for a team and at a time in said game where they could be deemed unnecessary for any purpose other than padding a players stats regardless if stat padding is the goal or not. Dalton was doing his job in trying to advance the ball for the Cowboys, Bostic was doing his job in trying to prevent that from happening. Both were playing @ full speed. It was unfortunate and something a player or a fan hopefully doesn't wish an opposing player, but damn, it is what it is. Logically speaking there's no way in hell human beings should be playing tackle football. especially human beings with the size, speed, power and strength of NFL players.

Try as they might. The NFL isn't getting rid of injuries or vicious helmet to helmet collisions. They'll just keep bullshitting and letting offensive players abuse rules and defensive players. While at the same time penalizing defensive players for things they can't possibly avoid. As I alluded to earlier. I'd bet any amount of money 90% of purposeful and accidental helmet to helmet hits would cease if players weren't wearing helmets. Everybody would learn to tackle/lead with their shoulders almost overnight.

Edit:

Nevermind.

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t forget...Bostic’s helmet never made contact with Dalton’s.
Helmet, shoulder...can’t tackle a QB like that anymore. Rules have changed. Sean Taylor wouldn’t have been able to be himself in today’s game.
Yeah, it looked like Bostic hit Dalton with his shoulder.

Did you see the lick Devin White put on Derek Carr in the TB/LV game? It was pretty physical. You're right though.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a dirty play I understand the frustration of QBs sliding late but he could have at the most tackle him with both his arms extended he lowered the shoulder and led with his helmet.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a dirty play I understand the frustration of QBs sliding late but he could have at the most tackle him with both his arms extended he lowered the shoulder and led with his helmet.
Agreed.

I hate using the word ‘dirty’ when the player has never had a history of such plays but i understand why it is being used. It was egregious no doubt.

Can’t tackle a QB like this, period. Tackling by leaping head first like a missle means the body can’t shift once take off has occurred...no place for that in today’s NFL against QBs.

Sucks for a defensive player these days, hamstrings them, especially in the case of a mobile QB using (zone) read options to confuse. But it is what it is.

Game is too fast with bang/bang plays. Bostic made a terrible decision. He has absolutely NO history of this type of play from what I’ve read...thus no additional suspension...this time. Tho I would have been ok if he had been. Hopefully he learns from this cuz there is no justification in terms of QBs, every defensive player knows this by now.

He was ejected and will have to pay a hefty fine, as it should be. Lesson learned hopefully.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the lick Devin White put on Derek Carr in the TB/LV game? It was pretty physical. You're right though.
Heard about it but didn’t see it. Head first tackle?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would venture to say that Bostic was not intentionally hitting Dalton in the head. But it was a bad hit and I'd say deserves a one game suspension. If he thought Dalton was going to keep running he would have hit him higher. He went low knowing Dalton was going low.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12G is a hefty enough fine I guess.

I’m surprised he isnt suspended though.