• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good game. Bad punk play from Bostic

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, there’s no reason to lower the shoulder when you’re up by 19 in the 3rd quarter.
Bostic should be suspended for that bullshit play.

Fuller’s reaction to the play says it all.

I’m glad the WFT won, but the Cowboys have the worst defense in the league, and their entire oline was injured.

Sure, the schedule is the schedule and injuries happen to every team, but it’s hard to put too much into the fact that they beat down a division rival.

:-)

P.S. I told you Thomas is pretty freakin good.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, there’s no reason to lower the shoulder when you’re up by 19 in the 3rd quarter.

I’m glad the WFT won, but the Cowboys have the worst defense in the league, and their entire oline was injured.

Sure, the schedule is the schedule and injuries happen to every team, but it’s hard to put too much into the fact that they beat down a division rival.

True but Allen didn't turn the ball over and played smart. I dont know why Thomas is not used in the red zone more. He did drop the 2 point conversion. A win is a win.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take the win and leave it at that

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, the Bostic hit didn’t look dirty to me. The crybaby league needs to stop crying. Dalton slid late. Bostic was already coming in. Bostic did not lead with the helmet. I don’t believe he meant to hit Dalton in the head with the shoulder. If the QB doesn’t want to get hit...slide earlier rather than going for every yard.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after watching it a few more times it wasn't a dirty hit

Yeah, it didn't look like launched when you see it from a back angle of Bostic. But on the real, I don't know what they expect defenders to do. In tonight's game that ref dude in the booth there was a dirty by a Cards player I believe and from the way he was talking. He would've kicked dude out the game, fin ed the shit ouyta him yadda yadda yadda. I was shocked that Collingsworth actually stood up for the dude. Cuz a lotta these talking heads co-sign bullshit.

They need to eliminate the helmet from the game. That would stop 90% of egregious and borderline hits with the helmet. But they won't, but at the very least stop with that bullshit hitting the QB in the head. Offensive players are stiff-arming defenders to their facemask and their helmet like a mothafucker.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does being up by 19 have to do with anything?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after watching it a few more times it wasn't a dirty hit

Hmmm. Looked pretty egregious to me as it happened on the field. True it was a bang/bang play. Guess I’ll wait to see what the slo mo evidence of the play shows for those that have better eyes and know the game way better than myself. I do realize that the fact that Dalton was knocked out so visibly and awfully is something no fan or decent player ever wants to see.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I just don’t see it.

Regardless if Bostic had ONLY the intent of ‘just a hard hit’ or even if Dalton slid late...ya just can’t make that decision when the dude your tackling is a QB. There are VERY REAL reasons we ALL need to protect the QBs in this King of Games.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does being up by 19 have to do with anything?

It was third down, deep in Dallas territory, and Dalton wasnt going to make the first down. As it was the third quarter, Dallas wasnt going to go for it either.

When you are up by nineteen, in addition to the aforementioned scenario, there is no need to go for the knockout shot on a qb.

Happy now?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy now?
Now now, no need to get chippy, lol

I honestly think we are coming from the same place here...that it is more a question of good decision making on the part of Bostic. And that we all agree this was a bad choice. The score makes it even worse. But regardless, he has to be smarter in regards to tackling a QB. That could have been any player and any QB...and none of us want the QB knocked the fuck out.

SN Bostic will NOT be getting suspended but will likely get a heavy fine levied against him, as is right. This is supported by NO history of Bostic being a player who intentionally targets players in his past.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was third down, deep in Dallas territory, and Dalton wasnt going to make the first down. As it was the third quarter, Dallas wasnt going to go for it either.

When you are up by nineteen, in addition to the aforementioned scenario, there is no need to go for the knockout shot on a qb.

Happy now?
So, so, so, so, so, so. I was never unhappy. I just thought your post was, not nonsensical necessarily, but lets say, basic. Where does the rationale you're using stop? Mahomes threw his only TD pass after KC was up on Denver 30-9 in the 4th quarter. Was that cool?

What was a close game early in the 4th qt @24-20, turned into a Bucs blowout win over the Raiders. When the Bucs scored the last 21 points of the game. Including a 1 yd TD by Brady for the last Bucs TD with about 4 minutes left in the game. Was that acceptable?

Those are just 2 examples from yesterday. But you could come up with all types of examples on numerous types plays every Sunday. Knockout shots, 50 yd TD runs, 70 TD passes, long INT n Fum ret for TDs, sack strips for TDs etc. Often times come when a game is out of reach for a team and at a time in said game where they could be deemed unnecessary for any purpose other than padding a players stats regardless if stat padding is the goal or not. Dalton was doing his job in trying to advance the ball for the Cowboys, Bostic was doing his job in trying to prevent that from happening. Both were playing @ full speed. It was unfortunate and something a player or a fan hopefully doesn't wish an opposing player, but damn, it is what it is. Logically speaking there's no way in hell human beings should be playing tackle football. especially human beings with the size, speed, power and strength of NFL players.

Try as they might. The NFL isn't getting rid of injuries or vicious helmet to helmet collisions. They'll just keep bullshitting and letting offensive players abuse rules and defensive players. While at the same time penalizing defensive players for things they can't possibly avoid. As I alluded to earlier. I'd bet any amount of money 90% of purposeful and accidental helmet to helmet hits would cease if players weren't wearing helmets. Everybody would learn to tackle/lead with their shoulders almost overnight.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, so, so, so, so, so. I was never unhappy. I just thought your post was, not nonsensical necessarily, but lets say, basic. Where does the rationale you're using stop? Mahomes threw his only TD pass after KC was up on Denver 30-9 in the 4th quarter. Was that cool?

What was a close game early in the 4th qt @24-20, turned into a Bucs blowout win over the Raiders. When the Bucs scored the last 21 points of the game. Including a 1 yd TD by Brady for the last Bucs TD with about 4 minutes left in the game. Was that acceptable?

Those are just 2 examples from yesterday. But you could come up with all types of examples on numerous types plays every Sunday. Knockout shots, 50 yd TD runs, 70 TD passes, long INT n Fum ret for TDs, sack strips for TDs etc. Often times come when a game is out of reach for a team and at a time in said game where they could be deemed unnecessary for any purpose other than padding a players stats regardless if stat padding is the goal or not. Dalton was doing his job in trying to advance the ball for the Cowboys, Bostic was doing his job in trying to prevent that from happening. Both were playing @ full speed. It was unfortunate and something a player or a fan hopefully doesn't wish an opposing player, but damn, it is what it is. Logically speaking there's no way in hell human beings should be playing tackle football. especially human beings with the size, speed, power and strength of NFL players.

Try as they might. The NFL isn't getting rid of injuries or vicious helmet to helmet collisions. They'll just keep bullshitting and letting offensive players abuse rules and defensive players. While at the same time penalizing defensive players for things they can't possibly avoid. As I alluded to earlier. I'd bet any amount of money 90% of purposeful and accidental helmet to helmet hits would cease if players weren't wearing helmets. Everybody would learn to tackle/lead with their shoulders almost overnight.

Don’t forget...Bostic’s helmet never made contact with Dalton’s.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t forget...Bostic’s helmet never made contact with Dalton’s.
Helmet, shoulder...can’t tackle a QB like that anymore. Rules have changed. Sean Taylor wouldn’t have been able to be himself in today’s game.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helmet, shoulder...can’t tackle a QB like that anymore. Rules have changed. Sean Taylor wouldn’t have been able to be himself in today’s game.

The reply was made to a specific comment that insinuated helmet to helmet contact.

i know the bullshit rules.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reply was made to a specific comment that insinuated helmet to helmet contact.

i know the bullshit rules.
Actually he did hit his helmet with daltons. I’m not sure it was done on purpose though

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really wasn't until Bostic and Dalton were on the ground that his shoulder (which made contact first on Dalton's late slide to gain a 1st down) that the should actually rolled and grabbed his facemask and pulled it off. It was NOT the helmet to helmet (there was none) that caused the penalty but the fact that Dalton was already into his slide that caused the flag to come out. Either way, Glad Dalton will be ok and glad Bostic will not be suspended. It's football and sheet happens.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3