• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Article about Curry and Warriors from ESPN

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking about Stephs' offense is always 1st, 2nd , and 3rd on the minds of the writers, but there needs to be more love for his defense.

I would say Stephs' probably top 7 in the league in terms of defensive Points at this time. Just due to his activity and basketball IQ. Its not just about his steals, but his rotations and dig downs into the low block to when the Dubs find themselves having to double.

Steph's going to be an allstar, but will this be the year that he's selected to NBA defensive team? 2nd or 3rd team defense?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article is more about trust in teammates rather than Curry's offensive prowess.

As for Steph's defense, I think that it is understood that from a one on one standpoint, Curry is not a strong defender. He's no "lockdown' defender. But, he is an example of what you CAN DO when you can't just shut down the guy you're guarding. It forces you to use your brain more, just like how Curry's game is so advanced due to his lack of strength and size.

While many players might just say "Look, this is who I am. I'm good at X, but not as good at X", Curry continues to work on all aspects of his game, especially his weaknesses. Honestly, you can very well put Klay Thompson in same category. Thompson is two years younger than Curry, and he's a solid two-way star in the league, whether or not others recognize it yet.

I think that Curry's understanding of the game has a lot to do with his improvement in his defense, especially with his increase in steals. As a point guard (for most of the time), he knows where he'd like to pass the ball to and this has helped him to know where his man likely wants to pass the ball to. Also, while watching a game, Curry is a second or two ahead of most players. He sees what's happening before it happens and this enables him to anticipate passes and get his steals.

Personally, I think it will be a while before Curry will make an NBA all-defensive team. There's going to be a great deal of resistance in awarding Curry an award or honor like this. He is fast becoming the face of the NBA, though. His shooting and passing prowess (I personally think he's the best passer in the league) creates so much more havoc than he gets credit for. He automatically draws double teams, like He's Michael Jordan or Kareem Abdul Jabbar. His dribbling ability is second to maybe Chris Paul, and no one seems able to guard him one on one. His decision making is almost flawless. He's a coach's dream come true.

I like Curry, if any of you can't tell.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive all-NBA teams seem to usually have a year of feeling out before the award. If he does it 2 years in-a-row he'll get some love. Draymond and Klay were the guys on the radar last year.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His dribbling ability is second to maybe Chris Paul,

It might be better because he is looking to lose his man. CP has great handle and is a great QB but rarely loses his man. Also, Tony Parker has excellent handle especially in traffic and Kyrie has the best moves of any PG in the game. Off topic, but I would like to see a 40 yd dash between Rondo and J. Wall.