• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gomez told to stay home this year

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was funny. I don't really have much to say on it other than I hope he saved up the money he was overpaid.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was funny. I don't really have much to say on it other than I hope he saved up the money he was overpaid.

They are going to use their buyout on him this summer and dont want to chance him being injured, in which case they cant.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Shame it really is.the guy still has skill I think it was just too much momey and too big a stage. How else can you explain it. Guy was solid 1stline center here

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gomez was a guy that obviously had one really insane season post lockout, and was a 60 pt guy on an offensively challenged team. His head just didn't seem like it was screwed on straight. Then he was taken out of the NJD organization, which quite frankly insulates it's players better than anyone, and couldn't handle the pressure. After he left he played in what's probably the 2nd, and 3rd most challenging markets after the Leafs. Some people aren't built for that.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If zajac leaves this summer he might get a look. I'm not at all against it. Hell he never said he wasn't going to leave. Also I don't believe the devils game him an offer.
Parise imo is the biggest traitor

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how things shape up but getting him on the cheap as a 3rd line type of guy wouldn't be a bad thing at all. I think it was a combination of the pressure of those markets and the impossible task of living up to his contract, plus I think our two way play style benefits him.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He grew up in Alaska and thought he would be ok in the big city spotlight and pressure of NY. He signed that absurd contract and came from a team ranger fans hated. Pressure was on and since day 1 as a ranger, he was heading for failure.
First of all, rangers thought they were getting a scorer which Gomez never was. Scott was a playmaker who at one point also had very good speed and was excellent at carrying the puck from the defensive zone, across the neutral zone, setting up the attack. He was a creative player here. He might have been one of the best pure passers this team ever had besides maybe the few years we had Stasny.

The rangers organization and that contract screwed up his career. Then with his confidence already being shaky, he goes to a hockey crazy city like Montreal where they watch every single move you make on and off the ice.

His career might be shot.

Unfortunate because I do think he would still be a solid player if he stayed in NJ.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
RP 100%

if gomez stayed this team wouldnt have had any playoff flops imo. he wouldve been our 2nd line center behind zajac. thats a great 1-2 punch. now with king slayer you slide him down to the 3rd hole.

obviously goaltending is important but give me a team with depth down the middle and i will be very happy.

something about playing hockey in jersey i dont see why more players dont find it appealing. look at arnott guy gets run out of a crazy canadian city and lands here its quiet off the map not a #1 sport in the state and face it #2 behind the rangers in coverage. he turns into a heck of a player. in fact if kovalchuk went anywhere "major" hell even winnipeg he would be a shell of his former self. atlanta and nj are perfect markets for him.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wonder if the devils ever use that approach when trying to get ufa? then again they dont get many so maybe not?

nj is the best of both worlds. you live 10mins from the biggest city on the planet but can still walk down the street and no one knows who you are? come on!

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate, hate HATE this sending a player home so he doesn't get hurt..... if you're gonna buy him out... DO IT!!

As for him coming back to NJ... I'd like to see him come back if Zajac leaves and you can sign him to a 1 year deal for under 2