• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golfing Christmas Eve in Minnesota

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lighten up Francis.

080443B6-A6F8-0B7F-0CD057109E9DC0BB.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ill

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago I used to have a single beer before teeing off but then, an 8 a.m. round was a weird time to crack one so I just stopped.

the 19th hole has seen me slam a pair of them in short order!
You still haven't told me how much that cart weighs. Do you have a lift gate on that truck?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still haven't told me how much that cart weighs. Do you have a lift gate on that truck?
it looks like he has a carrier that goes into his tow hitch like the guy with the electric wheelchair who lives down the street from me has.

1704222543074.png

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, I have never tried to sneak soda or gatorade onto the course...

and the only reason they know people are bringing their own stuff on site is because they are finding cans for beers they don't sell in the bar...

so...just be smart about it.
Me too, I usually just bring water. I noticed that some courses are bringing back water stations on the course again.

Sometimes I bring a flask along for "medicinal" purposes.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, I usually just bring water. I noticed that some courses are bringing back water stations on the course again.

Sometimes I bring a flask along for "medicinal" purposes.
I usually have a reusable water bottle with me for the water stations.

what bugs me is that my home (munny) course doesn't have ball cleaners throughout the course. Such a pet peeve for me

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually have a reusable water bottle with me for the water stations.

what bugs me is that my home (munny) course doesn't have ball cleaners throughout the course. Such a pet peeve for me
Just now starting to bring them back after Covid.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, I only lift it to the ground and the only weight I added to that task is the 5lb weight. Then all the other shit goes in/on afterward.

I'll tell you guys that an ecaddy is a life-changer. You walk along freely with your spine aligned straight. When you carry, it's not the weight, it's the picking the set up and setting it down all damn day. In a riding cart it's in and out of the cart all day and driving it distances along cart paths. A push cart is like walking in a swimming pool all day with your spine tilted slightly forward. Another big advantage is at the culmination of searching for and finding your ball in the rough, you stand at the ball and the caddy comes to you. weight is of no concern so I have a full cart bag and everything I own for golf is in it. I never forget anything at home.

If mine broke irreparably tomorrow, I'd immediately order another 'cause I will never carry clubs again. So far it's been a full 3 years without a hitch. My buddy's had a glitch in the gears last year and MGI sent him a complete replacement kit for free.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember the pool noodle days?

I invented a lift system with a disc mounted up the flagstick attached with cables to a pan at the bottom of ther hole lifted the ball out by lifting the disc with your putter. I only got it installed on three courses before they began pulling the foam out of the holes so I didn't make much off of the invention.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually play well when I don't drink on the course.

but sometimes I need a little swing oil...
We have signs no outside alcohol but it's not really enforced.
I have a saying ( and everyone knows it ) I carry 1 golf ball 2 tees and 7 bottles of liquor, and when the liquor gone I'm going home "

Usually by 6am, I've had a few Cranberry and vodka, by the 5th tee, I break out the Crown Peach and ginger ale. Now I'm set
Most of us have a few bottles with them, it's kinda customary even though the sign says no. They know who we are but hey, we spend a lot of money there so I don't think they care.