• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goal Scoring Pace

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now, the Flyers are scoring 3 goals per game. The pace needs to pick up if we want to advance. Here are the projections.

Giroux -38
Driere - 35
Carter -27
Zherdev - 22
Hartnell - 22
Leino - 16
Richards - 16.

Carter, Richards and Leino have to pick up the pace and I have little doubt that they won't. I think Giroux will end 25-30. Would we be happy with Zherdev at 20-25? And how do they get Jvr rolling? Realistically there should be (7) 20 goal scorers. Before the season we would have said 8 but I don't see anyway thaty Jvr can get there. The dmen have been playing really good but it is time a few of those guys started chipping in.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richie will pick up the pace as you say. Look at his goal totals over the last three seasons. He's got 28 (73 games), 30 and 31 respectively. That's a model of goal scoring consistency. He's already finding his touch as of late with goals in two of the last three games and points in six of the last seven. Put money on him scoring at or near 30 yet again, even if he is no longer at the point on the power play.

As dominant as the HBL line has looked throughout the playoffs last season and so far this season, I expect them all to keep pace with or surpass their projected goal totals. It's not a stretch or anything. Briere has scored 32 goals a couple times, 31 more recently and he was scoring more than a goal every other game throughout the playoffs. He's still on fire with 6 in only 12 games. That's the same pace. As much as I'd like to smother Scotty Hartnell with a pillow every now and then, he is a 30 goal scorer and he could do it again. I think 25 is more realistic however. And Leino is just due for a breakout season. How has this guy never scored more than 5 goals in a season? He had 7 goals in only 19 playoff games...lol There's no reason why he can't net 25 all of the sudden and that's being modest as it's a 30 goal average stretched out over an entire season.

I think Claude Giroux might be too talented of a playmaker to score 38 goals, meaning he will get a ton of primary assists, which will lower his goal total at the end of the day. I'd still bet on him scoring at least 30. This is the year that he gets recognized by everyone as an elite player. I just hope that he gets the playing time and the skilled linemates to be able to put up a 30-50-80+ type season. But is the talent ever there? Wow!!

Jeff Carter is obviously our resident whipping boy right now because he's on pace for 27 goals instead of 40+ and his contract is up at the end of the season. He could score that many goals again if he could just control the damn puck long enough to get off a high quality shot. It seems like just about any opposing player can stick or body check him and steal the puck in the process. He's just not very strong on the puck at all. He should be able to wreak havoc on the wing with his size and speed by taking it wide and driving hard to the net. Where is that fucking power forward mentality? It's unreal to me. Are these not main reasons as to why he's not scoring near as often?

Zherdev is a toss up, much like Carter really. If he were to play alongside Giroux all of the time and get ample power play time, he'd threaten his career high in goals without a doubt. What are the odds that he just doesn't get benched again let alone getting to play with who he wants for as long as he wants? I'll give him an under on his projected 22 so far, but I hope he gets his shit together.

Last edited by a moderator:

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you just don't get it, so I'll try a different method.

VILLE LEINO IS NOT A 25 GOAL SCORER

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andy im confused...what are you trying to tell us...lol...Leino:L:L:L:L...i think he is a 20 goal scorer...its a push for twenty five...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chy...i think those numbers are fairly accurate...richards 25-30...leino...20 carter somehow always pushes 40...really difficult to believe this season...JVR...is going to hurt the scoring out puts this season i thought the would be 25-30...will be hopeful to get 15 at this point...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leino's big attribute is puck possession and setting up goals although he can easily hit 20....love the guy as this team needed a player like him he needs to be resigned.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you just don't get it, so I'll try a different method.

VILLE LEINO IS NOT A 25 GOAL SCORER

How in the hell can you say this already? He's one third of a dominant line this season. Look at his career numbers. They are pathetic because he's never been given this chance before. If he stays healthy and continues to get big minutes on the power play, anything is possible. He already possesses the puck better than about anyone else on the team, which I'm sure is one main reason why that's a dominant line.