• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GNT: Bruins at Leafs | 7pm ET

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leaf-fan-waiting-for-cup_1.jpg

BRUINS (14-7-1) at MAPLE LEAFS (14-8-2)
TV: TSN, NESN (HD)
Last 10: Boston 9-0-1; Toronto 5-4-1.
22 GP 24
14 W 14
7 L 8
1 OT 2
29 P 30
0.659 P% 0.625
3.27 G/G 3.17
2.09 GA/G 3.08
17.5 PP% 22.8
85.9 PK% 76.9
33.0 S/G 27.8
29.6 SA/G 31.0
54.7 FO% 51.4

---------------------------------------------------

Nov 5, 2011 / BOS @ TOR / BOS, 7 - 0
Oct 20, 2011 / TOR @ BOS / BOS, 6 - 2

Season Series:
Wednesday's clash at Air Canada Centre marks the third of six meetings between these Northeast Division rivals and kicks off a crucial home-and-home series. Toronto and Boston will face off again on Saturday at TD Garden. The Bruins earned convincing wins over the Maple Leafs on Oct. 20 and Nov. 5, outscoring Toronto by a 13-2 margin. Tyler Seguin paced the Bruins in their two victories over the Leafs by combining for 4 goals and 2 assists.

Big Story:
The Leafs host the Bruins for the second time this season, hoping to put two lopsided affairs in their rearview mirror and maintain their lead in the Northeast division in the process. Boston trails Toronto for first place in the division by a point with two games in hand. While the Leafs are fresh off a 3-1-0 road trip, the Bruins have been the League's hottest team in November, registering an 11-0-1 record in that span.

Team Scope

Bruins:
The defending champions had their 10-game win streak snapped in shootout on Friday in the 2011 NHL Thanksgiving Showdown against the Detroit Red Wings. A day later, they received a rude wake-up call when the Winnipeg Jets scored twice in a span of 39 seconds to take a 2-0 lead in the first period at TD Garden. But from there, the Bruins responded in a big way.

Zdeno Chara notched a power-play goal late in the opening frame, Chris Kelly scored twice thereafter and the Bruins reeled off four unanswered overall to churn out a 4-2 win. Tim Thomas, who captured his eighth straight win, stopped 40 of 42 shots as Boston's physicality continued to pay dividends in the win column.

"Every two points is important," Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas told NHL.com. "At the end of the year those points add up, if it's right after a shootout loss or right after another win. It will definitely feel better over the next couple of days knowing that we have that win in our back pocket."

Maple Leafs:
Toronto has experienced its share of injuries early on this season, but its offense has shouldered the load. That trend continued in the final game of a four-game road swing on Sunday in Anaheim.

The Leafs, who rank third in the League in both goals-per-game (3.17) and power-play conversion percentage (22.8), responded to a Ducks' first period goal with four unanswered of their own – with two coming from Tyler Bozak – to turn the tide of the game. With James Reimer still on injured reserve, netminder Jonas Gustavsson stopped 26 of 28 shots to claim his fourth win in as many decisions.

"Obviously it's a big trip for us, and it's nice to have three big wins," Joffrey Lupul told NHL.com. "We were pretty solid tonight. It's been a lot of travel, kind of all the way down the south coast swing. We were strong all the way through the third period, so that's a good sign."

Who’s Hot:
Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara has been consistent in the offensive zone with 16 points (4 goals, 12 assists) in his last 16 games. … Lupul has compiled two goals and eight assists for Toronto during his current six-game point streak.

Injury Report:
Mikhail Grabovski (lower body) was activated off IR on Sunday and will play Wednesday against Boston. Reimer (concussion-like symptoms) has returned to practice and is expected to be activated in the next five days for Toronto. Colby Armstrong (ankle), Mike Komisarek (broken arm) and Matthew Lombardi (shoulder) are also on IR for Toronto and are expected to miss Wednesday's game. David Steckel and Carl Gunnarsson remain day-to-day with upper-body injuries.

Stat Pack:
After being shut out six times in their first 24 games last year, the Maple Leafs have been blanked only once this season in that span. Toronto's lone scoreless outing came in a 7-0 defeat in their last meeting with Boston on Nov. 5.

Puck Drop:
"Those are two of the worst losses we've taken this year and we just want to redeem ourselves," Cody Franson told the Toronto Sun. "I don't know if you'd call it a grudge match … I think it's for a little bit of pride in our room. We've been spanked by [Boston] twice."

lgblg-text.png

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may miss the first period or two, :mad:, got band practice. I'm trying to move it to tomorrow. I may have to part ways from the band once school starts up in the Spring. I'm busy enough as is with work... Add school to the mix. :L

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Bruins; I hate you... you hate me.... we are never going to like each other again. But please please beat the leafs BAD. not because I hate them I really do dislike them. I just want them to lose lose lose for the way our media portrays them when they have a touch of success. PLease Please Please let it be 7-1 Bruins (cant have thomas get the shutout for pool reasons)

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go Bruins can't wait for this one.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Bruins; I hate you... you hate me.... we are never going to like each other again. But please please beat the leafs BAD. not because I hate them I really do dislike them. I just want them to lose lose lose for the way our media portrays them when they have a touch of success. PLease Please Please let it be 7-1 Bruins (cant have thomas get the shutout for pool reasons)

What did the Bruins evero do to you? Oh wait...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I'll take a 7-1 win. :thumb:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL Hockey News | Scores & Standings | TSN Hockey Schedules | Highlights has the title for tonights game of boston and toroto as Clash of the Titans. apparently if you are near 1st place overall you are a Titan in the league. thats fair... there are 15 Titans in the League that are within 4 points of 1st overall... I guess its not overblown....

Cmon Bruins Fuck 15-1. If the game was Minnesota (1st in West) vs Chicago (2nd in West) but both better than Boston and Chicago in Points the title would be.

"Western Showdown"

fuck Im hating on TSN today

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOR EVERY GOAL THE BRUINS SCORE AGAINST TORONTO TONIGHT I WILL DONATE $10 PER GOAL TO A BOSTON CHARITY.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

lol...matt is fired up today (good stuff).

/Go Bruins!!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GET YOUR CHARITIES READY BOSTON FANS I NEED A LIST TO CHOOSE FROM FOR TONIGHT WHEN I DONATE WHAT IM HOPING IS $100 TONIGHT

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good...Good...Let the hate flow through you.

every fucking time the leafs play well or have some hope TSN has the biggest fucking ass kissing headlines. but if its vancouver or boston or chicago all good good teams up there its basic headlines. fuck its drives me fucking nuts. they are an average fucking team with a good start. they will come back to reality... their fucking goalies suck fucking swamp ass

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clash of the Titans, lol. Can't go wrong with the Cam Neely Foundation. ;)

You're a good man Matt. :yo:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clash of the Titans, lol. Can't go wrong with the Cam Neely Foundation. ;)

You're a good man Matt. :yo:

i dont have a problem with Calling the Bruins a Titan they are the Champs (fuckjesusfuckgoddammit) but not the fucking Leafs... not when there are so many teams so close and they dont get the same treatment Vancouver is 1 point behind Toronto why wasnt the title after the game Titans are back to Presidential Form.... no... no that is not a Toronto team.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sat through "Clash of the Titans" hoping to see a nude Ursula Andress. Man, what a disappointment.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww, sad face for mattola this morning :(

You can be a titan too; feel a widdow better?