• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giroux surgery

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To fix a damaged index finger. Should be ready to roll in 5-6 weeks which should be before the season.

A golf club shattered in his hands.

Note to humanity, don't root for the teams I root for. They're cursed.

The Pirates a doing just fine Awazy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux said:
This is more frustrating than you even know. I really feel like this was my best summer of training I've had so far. I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life. This really isn't a big deal, though. Something like this isn't going to hold me back.

This kid is a beast and is due for a career season with or without this injury. Just listen to how confident he remains. I'm just pissed at how much of a freak injury it appears to have been.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is a beast and is due for a career season with or without this injury. Just listen to how confident he remains. I'm just pissed at how much of a freak injury it appears to have been.

Yeah, that is a freak injury to say the least. When I go on the golf course, only injuries I expect would be a strained shoulder or getting hit by a golf ball, maybe even get attacked by a wild animal. Would never expect my golf club to shatter on a swing resulting in me needing surgery on my index finger.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great cover up story but what really happened??? I know alot of golfers and this does not happen, EVER! Even if you come up short and hit the dirt your not gonna shatter a carbon fiber shaft that is designed to endure such force, total BS!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great cover up story but what really happened??? I know alot of golfers and this does not happen, EVER! Even if you come up short and hit the dirt your not gonna shatter a carbon fiber shaft that is designed to endure such force, total BS!

LOL I like the conspiracy theory here. Someone does need to get to the bottom of this somehow.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I have been thinking/saying all along and I don't even play golf or follow it consistently, I'm just smart enough to know better. I refuse to buy that a club literally shattered in his hands from the force of the ground while trying to hit a ball. Golf clubs are not hockey sticks. They don't just break like this.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I have been thinking/saying all along and I don't even play golf or follow it consistently, I'm just smart enough to know better. I refuse to buy that a club literally shattered in his hands from the force of the ground while trying to hit a ball. Golf clubs are not hockey sticks. They don't just break like this.

if he was using a graphite shaft, i could maybe see it.. i've seen graphite shafts break in weird places.. i had a driver a few years ago that snapped when my buddy hit a drive w/ it.. it broke down closer to the head of the golf club, but it was the shaft that broke

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[youtube]jCF-y9qcsqQ[/youtube]

I don't think it is out of the question that he could shatter a golf club

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he was using a graphite shaft, i could maybe see it.. i've seen graphite shafts break in weird places.. i had a driver a few years ago that snapped when my buddy hit a drive w/ it.. it broke down closer to the head of the golf club, but it was the shaft that broke

I just find it difficult to believe. If it was a graphite shaft and it did break, then how did it splinter into his index finger? If those particular clubs are known to occasionally shatter, then aside from performance purposes, why in the hell are you using one? A round of golf for Giroux is way less important than his day job of leading the Flyers to a Cup. It's downright silly.

If I were Homer, I would have someone get all of the details of this freak accident and do a little research. Then I'd call up Giroux and tell him about the new clubs he will be using from now on...rofl You know, the ones that aren't prone to fucking shattering...

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were really a golf club splintering and injuring a player on a swing that hit the ground i would think Giroux's lawyers would be in court right now suing the maker for millions. Even though the story sounds lame at least the doctors report remains the same 4 to 6 weeks back in action.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damnit, when are players going to learn that these newfangled composites are just going to break at the worst possible times?

Go back to wood - they won't shatter on you!

sanfrand

FFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five weeks for a cut index finger? Ian L. must be disgusted after he gets a concussion and comes back the next day.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not buying the golf story? Hmm, I guess it does seem sort of far fetched, but I could see it happening if he got mad and smashed it against a rock or something. I can't imagine it shattering on a regular swing tho.

:agree:...especially when his "witness", Akeson, knows Giroux is his biggest supporter.... :bullshit:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:...especially when his "witness", Akeson, knows Giroux is his biggest supporter.... :bullshit:

Uh oh, looks like we got a conspiracy here. If Jason Akeson makes the team out of camp then i think we could be certain that things didn't happen the way Giroux claimed.

Also gonna add that since Giroux is lying about the golf club shattering, maybe he also lied about Sid slashing at his wrists on faceoffs last year? Sorry, as a Pens fan, I intend to use this story to my advantage :nod:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also gonna add that since Giroux is lying about the golf club shattering, maybe he also lied about Sid slashing at his wrists on faceoffs last year? Sorry, as a Pens fan, I intend to use this story to my advantage :nod:

Celebrity (Crybaby) Deathmatch? :yahoo:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Giroux, but really, show me the fucking club if you do still have it. This I have to see...lol

Again, I'm not a golfer, but I know enough to know that he'd probably have a better chance of winning the Powerball than breaking the grip of his club (not the shaft) on a legitimate golf shot and having it splinter into his index finger.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Giroux, but really, show me the fucking club if you do still have it. This I have to see...lol

Again, I'm not a golfer, but I know enough to know that he'd probably have a better chance of winning the Powerball than breaking the shaft of his club on a legitimate golf shot and having it splinter into his index finger.

Yeah he must of whacked it against a large rock or was smashing bottles with it. Something crazy you do with golf clubs when drunk.