• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giguere just needs to keep his mouth shut

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rautakallio_pekka.jpg

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have fired Sacco last season (there was plenty of rumblings to that effect), but they didn't and you see the results this year. They're just playing out the string and not listening to whatever Sacco is trying to sell, he'll be turfed during the off-season and I doubt he ever gets a NHL head coaching job again.

Pretty much this... I always thought Sacco was a terribad coach but was glad he was there every time the Sharks played the Avs (easy win, because he's clueless).

FWIW, I don't really have a problem with the JSG rant. /shrug

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Tocchet was tweeting about this today:

@RealRocket22 22m
Giguere comments remind me of some teams I was on when we didn't make the playoffs and the last 8 or 9 games some guys mailed it in

@RealRocket22 22m
Didn't wanna get hurt so it wouldn't affect their golf game .. Lot of those guys fizzled years later .. Karma's a bitch

@RealRocket22 20m
One player actually had a airline reservation back to Czech the next morning at 7 am if we lost .. What a piece of s..t !!!

Now I'm off to figure out who he was talking about, hahaha. Tocchet, non-playoff team, Czech player...GO!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. Tocchet played for too many teams/years so that's going to be tough.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 seasons w/o postseason:
89-90 PHI (Jiri Latal)
90-91 PHI (Jiri Latal)
94-95 LAK
96-97 WASH (Michal Pivonka, Jaroslav Svejkovsky)

Research'd, boom.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Tocchet was tweeting about this today:

@RealRocket22 22m
Giguere comments remind me of some teams I was on when we didn't make the playoffs and the last 8 or 9 games some guys mailed it in

@RealRocket22 22m
Didn't wanna get hurt so it wouldn't affect their golf game .. Lot of those guys fizzled years later .. Karma's a bitch

@RealRocket22 20m
One player actually had a airline reservation back to Czech the next morning at 7 am if we lost .. What a piece of s..t !!!

Now I'm off to figure out who he was talking about, hahaha. Tocchet, non-playoff team, Czech player...GO!

Well you do get a better discount when you book early.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, eh... I actually agree with Giggy. I don't think that the timing is great - he should have waited a couple of weeks. That kind of play should not be tolerated and they need to find a leader. That team needs to wake up. All that Giggy really did was voice what the fans are probably saying anyway. It just means more from a teammate.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, eh... I actually agree with Giggy. I don't think that the timing is great - he should have waited a couple of weeks. That kind of play should not be tolerated and they need to find a leader. That team needs to wake up. All that Giggy really did was voice what the fans are probably saying anyway. It just means more from a teammate.

I agree as well the only thing I wanted to hear from him is taking some responsibility for letting in shitty goals. that being said I know he is probably pretty hard on himself for that but if you call out your teammates you should be calling out yourself to boot

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did backtrack/regret some of his comments yesterday (heat of the moment stuff). It will be interesting to see how the Avs play tonight against le Ducks du Anaheim.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree as well the only thing I wanted to hear from him is taking some responsibility for letting in shitty goals. that being said I know he is probably pretty hard on himself for that but if you call out your teammates you should be calling out yourself to boot

He should take responsibility for his play, but at least he's demonstrated a commitment to winning. I think the rest of the team needs to adopt the same mentality.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did backtrack/regret some of his comments yesterday (heat of the moment stuff). It will be interesting to see how the Avs play tonight against le Ducks du Anaheim.

That will be a good one. Do we know if Giggy plays? It's coincidentally his most successful club I believe.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taped the Minny/Chicago game last night & watched it after I got home from work. NBCSN announcers were praising Giggy for his 'leadership' & 'honesty' re: those comments.

... hmmm; okay.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giggy needs to call out his team more often.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giggy needs to call out his team more often.

Yeah, apparently.

I heard Pierre MacGuire say that Giggy was just being a leader and I thought... WTF? It really sounded like whining to me.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McIdiot also tried to say the Devils power play misses Kovy. The PP sucked with him as well. IDK how he still has a job.

While I like the idea of between the glass, I'd love to have an extra ref there to see if it would cut down on missed calls.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabby after last night's game:

Curtis Zupke @curtiszupke
Classic Boudreau: "When we stink, we stink. When we're good, we're good. We're good as a team and we stink as a team. We stunk."

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, apparently.

I heard Pierre MacGuire say that Giggy was just being a leader
and I thought... WTF? It really sounded like whining to me.

vader.jpg