• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Get A Load Of This......Yeah, Right Stanton

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The number one goal of this ownership team is to win a World Series,’’ Stanton said. “We want to win a World Series here in Seattle and have a parade and celebration for that event. I think that it’s time that we had that accomplishment. It’s something that I know all of our fans — and, most of all, every person in this organization — … want nothing more in their lives than to see …’’

Stanton says the team’s leadership — including president Kevin Mather, general manager Jerry Dipoto and manager Scott Servais — will remain in place and should benefit from the support of an ownership group that believes “payroll matters” in building a winner. Stanton wouldn’t be specific on future spending, but the team’s $1.4 billion valuation confirms wide speculation that the Mariners have become one of the wealthiest franchises in baseball.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look up the words "perfunctory" and "bromide" in the dictionary, and this statement could be listed as an example for either of them

houston signed their BIG FUCKING MEDIA DEAL right around when seattle did.

make a bulleted list of the things they did to build a contender.

from there, look at how the m's ownership group(s) have done exactly the opposite for every single bullet point.

and they're doing the same fucking thing this year. nothing has changed, lol.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The number one goal of this ownership team is to win a World Series,’’ Stanton said. “We want to win a World Series here in Seattle and have a parade and celebration for that event. I think that it’s time that we had that accomplishment. It’s something that I know all of our fans — and, most of all, every person in this organization — … want nothing more in their lives than to see …’’

Stanton says the team’s leadership — including president Kevin Mather, general manager Jerry Dipoto and manager Scott Servais — will remain in place and should benefit from the support of an ownership group that believes “payroll matters” in building a winner. Stanton wouldn’t be specific on future spending, but the team’s $1.4 billion valuation confirms wide speculation that the Mariners have become one of the wealthiest franchises in baseball.

For some reason I thought this was about Giancarlo Stanton at first. That made reading that first paragraph very confusing for me.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or when I hear Stanton talk (as he did on Brock & Salk this morning) does he sounds like he's reading a bedtime story to a 2 year old child? You could ask him how get to the Circle K, and he would give you directions like he was reading Goldilocks and the Three Bears to a pre-kindergarten child. He's too positive for an owner of a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in almost two decades.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look up the words "perfunctory" and "bromide" in the dictionary, and this statement could be listed as an example for either of them

houston signed their BIG FUCKING MEDIA DEAL right around when seattle did.

make a bulleted list of the things they did to build a contender.

from there, look at how the m's ownership group(s) have done exactly the opposite for every single bullet point.

and they're doing the same fucking thing this year. nothing has changed, lol.

Exactly. Houston tore EVERYTHING in that organization down to build what they have now. And they're still young. They'll be relevant for awhile and may very well win another world series or two. The Mariners on the other hand have never done anything like that. They claim they want to win, but don't actually do anything it takes to win.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Houston tore EVERYTHING in that organization down to build what they have now. And they're still young. They'll be relevant for awhile and may very well win another world series or two. The Mariners on the other hand have never done anything like that. They claim they want to win, but don't actually do anything it takes to win.

The Mariners don't have to strip it down to the studs, they just need to develop better and get a little lucky. The Astros struck gold on a couple of 1st round picks but they have lucked out just as much as hitting on number 1 picks. The Mariners main problem is they keep hiring new GM's who trade every prospect with a pulse that they have. Dipoto literally has zero top prospects that can play for the team he has constructed through his trades he has made. Carlson and Povse maybe but not for 2 years but I still think Miranda is the 4th best starting pitcher in the entire organization.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners don't have to strip it down to the studs, they just need to develop better and get a little lucky. The Astros struck gold on a couple of 1st round picks but they have lucked out just as much as hitting on number 1 picks. The Mariners main problem is they keep hiring new GM's who trade every prospect with a pulse that they have. Dipoto literally has zero top prospects that can play for the team he has constructed through his trades he has made. Carlson and Povse maybe but not for 2 years but I still think Miranda is the 4th best starting pitcher in the entire organization.
I agree, all you have to do is look at a few of the trades and "give aways" over the last few years and see how they have developed into decent+ ball players- Trumbo-Adams-Smoak to mention only a few. Dipstick has depleted potential prospects and ransacked our farm system.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, all you have to do is look at a few of the trades and "give aways" over the last few years and see how they have developed into decent+ ball players- Trumbo-Adams-Smoak to mention only a few. Dipstick has depleted potential prospects and ransacked our farm system.

That's what he did with the Angels, too...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he did with the Angels, too...

Which is why I gave up on him being good for the organization last year. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because Scossia is a jerk but he talks outside both sides of his mouth with his words then actions. I get it sucks he took the job with Seager, Felix and Cano's contract but I have zero sympathy for his excuse as no one put a gun to his head to take the job and it's not like he has been given the budget of the Oakland A's either.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"win a World Series", he says. Buy fucking starting pitching dumb fucks!