• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

General Playoff Run Discussion

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not hold our destiny in our own hands, but we do not need a LOT of help.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bullpen has been our relative weakness. Strickland gave up another key bomb last night - the third so far this month. If we can lock down our bullpen, we'll be fine. If not, we don't deserve to be there. Simple as that.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with both of these comments, mildly.

Giants do have their destiny in their hands because they are 2 back of the Dogs in the loss column with 7 still to play head to head.

Lately the pen has been a bit shaky, but only because the starters have been shaky first so they are overworked. And the pen was nails until very recently. The starters were shaky until very recently. So IMO it's not the pen that's the relative weakness. I wish there was a clever hashtag to express this, maybe someone here can come up with one.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bullpen has been our relative weakness. Strickland gave up another key bomb last night - the third so far this month. If we can lock down our bullpen, we'll be fine. If not, we don't deserve to be there. Simple as that.

Remember, this month was supposed to be a house of horrors, and it's been not that bad actually. Let's also not forget the weak offense recently due to missing 2 of our best hitters.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giants do have their destiny in their hands because they are 2 back of the Dogs in the loss column with 7 still to play head to head.

Lately the pen has been a bit shaky, but only because the starters have been shaky first so they are overworked. And the pen was nails until very recently. The starters were shaky until very recently. So IMO it's not the pen that's the relative weakness. I wish there was a clever hashtag to express this, maybe someone here can come up with one.
:10:

Good point

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not hold our destiny in our own hands, but we do not need a LOT of help.

untrue by definition. We absolutely hold our destiny in our own hands. If we sweep both doyer series, and win 28 of our other 32 games -- the doyers could win all of their other 33 games and we'd still win the division.

It is completely in our hands.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can "lock down our bullpen" and still not sniff the playoffs if #weaklink implodes.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If only...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are within striking distance of the Dodger$. They absolutely hold their own destiny in their own hands.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're looking at the division, as we should, but something to think about with the wild card is that the Cubs have to play the Cardinals and Pirates 12 times down the stretch, and the Pirates have to play the Cardinals and Cubs 12 times.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're looking at the division, as we should, but something to think about with the wild card is that the Cubs have to play the Cardinals and Pirates 12 times down the stretch, and the Pirates have to play the Cardinals and Cubs 12 times.

I don't think this is really the case. They are so much farther behind in the WC race, and they don't have many (any?) head to head games with those teams left, so to pass them they have to play out of their minds and win a shit-ton of games. And if they do that, they're gonna win the West first

It's NL West or bust!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is really the case. They are so much farther behind in the WC race, and they don't have many (any?) head to head games with those teams left, so to pass them they have to play out of their minds and win a shit-ton of games. And if they do that, they're gonna win the West first

It's NL West or bust!
The Dodgers look very beatable right now. Their offense is struggling just as badly as ours. We just need to put together a couple more wins then they do.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's NL West or bust!
Our VERY next series is against the Chubs...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers look very beatable right now. Their offense is struggling just as badly as ours. We just need to put together a couple more wins then they do.
Difference is that ours has been struggling against some of the best pitching in the NL.

The dogs have just been struggling.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's NL West or bust!

My point is that the 2 teams in front of us in the wildcard will be beating up on each other, which is about all we can hope for since our head-to-heads with them are done in 4 days.

No doubt though it's all about the division right now.