• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Warriors at Suns

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Halloween! Lets get the playoff push started early!

:bj:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait. Excited to see at least a little of Bogut. Baby steps, as long as we get the W.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old Warriors. Can't rebound and won't play defense. Where the fuck is Bogut? Don't tell me he's hurt already? Haven't seen him at all since before halftime.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a single player on the Phoenix roster and they are still taking it to the Warriors. These two teams will battle for the basement in the division.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot get a rebound to save their lives!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't pretty, but I'll take it. I liked what I saw out of Barnes in limited time. Looks like they're trying to ease him in. I LOVED Ezeli on defense. 3 steals and 5 boards in less than 14 minutes.

This team is only going to get better. Winning despite Curry/Lee having bad nights shooting shows something, IMO.

Let's go Dubs!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a single player on the Phoenix roster and they are still taking it to the Warriors. These two teams will battle for the basement in the division.

Curry went 2/14 and Lee went 2/16, and we still won. Those two won't shoot that bad, and especially on the same night, again this year.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old Warriors. Can't rebound and won't play defense. Where the fuck is Bogut? Don't tell me he's hurt already? Haven't seen him at all since before halftime.

Bogut was on a minutes limit which is why he played very sparingly in the 2nd half. In his brief time in the game, he was very effective and I am encouraged at what he'll be bringing to the team going forward.

The Warriors out rebounded the Suns 49-44, and that's with Bogut playing 18 minutes, and Ezeli (who was very impressive in his minutes) who got hurt and ended up playing 13.

Defensively, they gave up only 85 points to the Suns, while holding them to a 40% fg percentage and 19% from 3's. Their rotations were solid on defense, and the only two unimpressive people were (surprise, surprise) Curry and Lee. What I actually loved is down the stretch, when Lee couldn't stop Scola to save his life, Landry went up to Lee as they were setting up defensively and pushed Lee out from guarding Scola on to Gortat, and Landry took over guarding Scola. On that play alone, Landry worked to front Scola and just simply prevented him from getting the ball. Jack was immensely better on the defensive end that either Curry or Thompson and Rush played his typically good defense.

The Warriors shot 38% from the field, with their two leading scorers combining for 4 of 30. Their biggest defensive asset only played 18 minutes, and only 1 starter scored in double digits. The Warriors still won the game. I truly believe if this was the case last year, this loss, no matter who the opponent, is easily a 20+ point loss. This game was a sign of progress.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry went 2/14 and Lee went 2/16, and we still won. Those two won't shoot that bad, and especially on the same night, again this year.

I see the same old weaknesses of rebounding and defensive indifference. They would not have beaten any team but the Suns last night.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the same old weaknesses of rebounding and defensive indifference. They would not have beaten any team but the Suns last night.

Are you speaking as a team or players in general? No one will defend Lee or Curry on defense, but the team as a whole played well. They out rebounded the Suns without their two centers being able to play much.

So in your estimation the Suns are the worst team in the NBA and the Warriors are 2nd worst? Got it.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am not a pantshitter like Toby, the game was fairly gruesome to watch. As noted, I thought the overall D was better, and the guards did seem to board well. However, ball protection was atrocious and a lot of the shooting was abysmal. Missed layups, missed FTs, even a missed dunk IIRC. Just tough to watch.

All that said, the turnovers could largely be a function of a bunch of guys trying to learn to play as a team. The win was more luck than skill, but I guess a road win is a road win.

In the near term, it's going to be tough to judge the Ws, as Bogut isn't going to play the second game of back-to-backs. Friday we have the Grizz, which should be a winnable game as Memphis has only two goood players (Gay and Gasol). We'll probably get killed Saturday at the Clippers with Bogut sitting out. The tests will be next Monday and Wednesday (at Kings, vs. Cavs) -- those are games the Ws should win. If we're sitting 4-1 when we go to LA to play the Lakers, we should be OK. Anything short of 4-1 and I'd consider the beginning of the season a disappointment.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am not a pantshitter like Toby, the game was fairly gruesome to watch. As noted, I thought the overall D was better, and the guards did seem to board well. However, ball protection was atrocious and a lot of the shooting was abysmal. Missed layups, missed FTs, even a missed dunk IIRC. Just tough to watch.

All that said, the turnovers could largely be a function of a bunch of guys trying to learn to play as a team. The win was more luck than skill, but I guess a road win is a road win.

In the near term, it's going to be tough to judge the Ws, as Bogut isn't going to play the second game of back-to-backs. Friday we have the Grizz, which should be a winnable game as Memphis has only two goood players (Gay and Gasol). We'll probably get killed Saturday at the Clippers with Bogut sitting out. The tests will be next Monday and Wednesday (at Kings, vs. Cavs) -- those are games the Ws should win. If we're sitting 4-1 when we go to LA to play the Lakers, we should be OK. Anything short of 4-1 and I'd consider the beginning of the season a disappointment.

Nice post.

Curry was horrible. Shooting, passing, defense...I found myself yelling at the t.v. screen. His crappy play, along with a couple of missed layups by Thompson, nearly cost the Ws the game.

And yet the Ws still won on the road. If Curry or Lee have a decent shooting night, they win by double digits. Not a bad start.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post.

Curry was horrible. Shooting, passing, defense...I found myself yelling at the t.v. screen. His crappy play, along with a couple of missed layups by Thompson, nearly cost the Ws the game.

And yet the Ws still won on the road. If Curry or Lee have a decent shooting night, they win by double digits. Not a bad start.

I generally agree, but the lack of fundamental passing was alarming. They have got to tighten that shit up. It was teamwide, although better when Jack was running the point instead of Curry. Even so, he had a few TOs as well. It will be interesting to see if Jackson continues to use Jack at the one to close games.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bogut and Ezeli a lot. It is nice to have good centers for a change. Hurry up and get healthy you gigantic Aussie! Once he's running full minutes we should be pretty damn decent.