• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Game 1 - 4/14 Kings @ Sharks 7:00PM

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think losing White so early in the game really took a toll on how the Sharks wanted to play. They kept looking for the trailer on the rush and many times that's a dman. Had the D corp been fresher as a whole, the game wouldn't seen that amount of Kings scoring chances.

Niemi is a great find. I'm eating crow. Keep it up Niemi and we can get the NE-Mo chants going.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Braun would sub in for Wallin in game 2. His mistakes didn't bite the Sharks tonight, but he's an accident waiting to happen. Combine his lack of puck skill with the bad ice and he can't keep anything on his stick.

The third line was good again. It seemed the most consistent at applying offensive pressure. That was why I thought Wellwood was going to end the game. He had a nice shift that ended up with the assist.

One win in the books. Teal dreams, Sharks fans.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let's face it, that game was like watching a pinball machine for 3 hours. Both teams had trouble developing any extended puck control for most of the game with occasional exceptions. Game could have gone either way and SJ was fortunate to have come out on top- they would have lost to a good puck control team like Detroit easily in that situation. Hope White isn't out for long. He seems to bring some consistency SJ sorely needs to stabilize the blue line.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a great time at the tank last night. I usually would've been freaked out and nervous as hell for the OT but I uncharacteristically kept the faith and it paid off. Pavelski is an ice cold assassin in the playoffs. Hat tip to Niemi as well, he made some humongous saves.

Looks like the board was on a meltdown watch there for a while lol. The Kings speed is going to give the Sharks fits the whole series and missing White for most of the game didn't help last night and it'll make it that much tougher as the series moves along. I just hope the Sharks play a better 60 minutes tomorrow. Call me crazy but I think they will.

EDIT: I didn't catch the hit on White last night but I just saw it on youtube......definitely should have been a call. No question that's boarding with what looked to be a forearm/elbow to the head as well. The NHL seems to have finally been cracking down on these types of hits so it'll be interesting to see what they do in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallin is also a penalty waiting to happen. God it was classic watching him break his own ankle in front of the net. Bring on Braun please.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niemi is a great find. I'm eating crow. Keep it up Niemi and we can get the NE-Mo chants going.

I can't believe that we have not get the NEMO chants going....A few of us in section 202 were trying to get it going last night, but....no one cares.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took video of the warm-ups and the intro for game 1. It's shaky and not that interesting but I thought I'd share anyways.

[YOUTUBE]BCEUXq-AFhI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: