• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT #8 - Feb 2nd Predators at Sharks - 7:30PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Preds1.jpg vs Sharks1.jpg

Predators Line-Up
Wilson - Fisher - Erat
Bourque - Legwand - Kostitsyn
Spaling - Gaustad - Yip
Clune - Smith - Halischuk

Jusi - Weber
Hannan - Klein
Gill - Ellis

Rinne

Sharks Line-Up
Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski
Sheppard - Couture - Clowe
Handzus - Gomez - Havlat
Galiardi - Desjardins - Burish

Vlasic - Stuart
Irwin - Boyle
Murray - Braun

Niemi​

NOTES: Pollak quoted Mclellan saying there is a good chance Demers will play today. No info yet on who's spot he might take in the line up.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to enjoy this winning streak as long as it lasts. Keep it up!

Let's go SHARKS! :horn:

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollak just tweeted that Demers is in and Irwin is out. Are you fucking kidding me McLellan?!?! How has Murray outplayed Irwin in any aspect this year? I don't care that Murray is a veteran, Irwin is the better player and we need to develop him. Stupid, STUPID move. Also, already breaking up Gomez and Couture, wtf? Galiardi instead of Wingels? I'm just confused now. I thought we were 7-0, what's up with the tinkering and the bone head player decisions? Irwin + Wingels >>>>>> Murray + Galiardi

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pollak just tweeted that Demers is in and Irwin is out. Are you fucking kidding me McLellan?!?! How has Murray outplayed Irwin in any aspect this year? I don't care that Murray is a veteran, Irwin is the better player and we need to develop him. Stupid, STUPID move. Also, already breaking up Gomez and Couture, wtf? Galiardi instead of Wingels? I'm just confused now. I thought we were 7-0, what's up with the tinkering and the bone head player decisions? Irwin + Wingels >>>>>> Murray + Galiardi

Because Todd was and will always be an idiot of a coach...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm all for experimenting with the forward combos a bit if it helps them come up with a good third line. Gomez and Havlat looked good together, and Havlat seems to have chemistry with Handzus, so that could turn out to be a good line...Gomez has definitely been a good play maker, and I think he'll help out guys like Logan and Havlat as the season goes on, and they learn how Gomez plays a little more...
Like you, I don't get Galiardi in for Wingels, or taking Irwin out. Irwin did make a couple mistakes last game that almost cost them, but he has to be out there learning from those mistakes.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Galiardi for Wingels will probably be a temporary thing. Wingels was really, really bad the last two games and now is as good a time as any to let him watch a game or so from the pressbox and get his head back into it.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galiardi for Wingels will probably be a temporary thing. Wingels was really, really bad the last two games and now is as good a time as any to let him watch a game or so from the pressbox and get his head back into it.

Cmon, I haven't noticed the bad play of Wingels. I have noticed that he has been a complete non-factor through the first 7 games of the season. For Tommy to be in the lineup 82 times, he needs to be mixing it up and throwing his body around. Galiardi, to me, is about as worthless as they come. I had some hopes for him when he was acquired, that hope is now lost. Gali fell out of favor in Colorado and someway somehow, Greg Sherman convinced Doug Wilson that he had value.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Sharks!

The Shark byte pregame refers to this as an 11 game win streak but I have to take issue with that because the Sharks lost 4 games between the end of the 2012 regular season and the start of this season but starting the season 7-0 is bloody amazing!

I hope the Raiders start 7-0 someday.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon, I haven't noticed the bad play of Wingels. I have noticed that he has been a complete non-factor through the first 7 games of the season. For Tommy to be in the lineup 82 times, he needs to be mixing it up and throwing his body around. Galiardi, to me, is about as worthless as they come. I had some hopes for him when he was acquired, that hope is now lost. Gali fell out of favor in Colorado and someway somehow, Greg Sherman convinced Doug Wilson that he had value.

The last few games Wingels has been making really poor decisions with the puck that have resulted in turnovers and scoring chances against the Sharks. He's missed several defensive zone assignments and he's been completely ineffective on the forecheck. I'm as big a Wingels fan as anyone but his play for a majority of the games this season as been atrocious.

Galiardi, while his stick work has been weak, he's brought 110% effort shift in and shift out. He has been very good at forcing turnovers on the forecheck and creating oppertunities. The first four games of the year he was solid in his own zone but the last two he played he started cheating up ice for better offensive chances and that diversion from the teams system may be what stuck him in the pressbox last game.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Havlat, what a fucking embarrassment.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I'd want the player to be mad at himself but in Havlat's case, I'd be afraid of him hurting himself.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there's the Havlat Redemption!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the sharks cycle has completely disappeared along with the offense

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglas Murray shutting me up right now, pretty inspiring effort from Cranky in overtime.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I prefer them winning by three and four goals...

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, at least the Sharks got a point out of it.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every points counts. Boring game tonight, and the lack of scoring depth is a GLARING HOLE!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No cycle and no scoring from the bottom 6, time to move some surplus Dmen for some depth on the bottom end