• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (65) - 3/6 Oilers at Sharks - 7:30PM

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preview:

Edmonton Oilers vs. San Jose Sharks - Preview - March 06, 2012 - ESPN

The San Jose Sharks are trying to reverse what's becoming a free fall through the Western Conference standings.

Re-establishing their dominance over the last-place Edmonton Oilers could be a good place to start.

With coach Todd McLellan hoping to return to the bench Tuesday night, the Sharks attempt to beat the Oilers for the sixth time in seven meetings at HP Pavilion.

San Jose (33-24-7) has dropped 11 of 15 to fall from first place in the Pacific Division and into the eighth and final playoff spot in the West, only one point ahead of Los Angeles and Colorado.

"We're in a funk and we need to get out of it and get it going," defenseman Douglas Murray said. "It's easy to talk. We have to get it done on the ice, get some wins, get the confidence level up as a team. We're too good a team to let this go on any longer."

They haven't done themselves any favors by dropping two of the first three contests on their four-game homestand. Those struggles continued Saturday as San Jose, playing its third straight game without McLellan behind the bench, fell 3-1 to St. Louis.

The coach has been suffering from concussion symptoms after being hit in the head by a stick during a 4-3 loss at Minnesota on Feb. 26.

Possibly having McLellan back and a meeting with Edmonton (25-34-6) could be just what San Jose needs to reverse its slide.

The Sharks are 10-2-1 in their last 13 games against the Oilers. They won 3-2 in the most recent home meeting Dec. 17, but settled for a point in a 2-1 shootout loss on the road Jan. 23.

Logan Couture scored San Jose's goal in the Jan. 23 contest before missing the decisive attempt in the tiebreaker. The center, who sat out two games with a lower-body injury before returning Saturday, has three goals and one assist in his last five games against Edmonton.

Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton have also enjoyed success versus the Oilers, with nine points apiece in the last six home matchups in San Jose.

Both forwards are currently struggling, though. Marleau hasn't managed a point in his last three games, while Thornton has been kept off the scoresheet in his last two.

Buried at the bottom of the Northwest Division, the Oilers have dropped three in a row including Monday's 4-2 defeat at Anaheim. Edmonton owns the league's best power play, but didn't get a chance with the man advantage against the Ducks until late in the third period. Jordan Eberle converted his team-leading 29th goal.

"We're a young team and inexperienced, and maybe we're not getting the calls that maybe we should," said Shawn Horcoff, who ended his own six-game goal drought with a second-period tally. "But listen, we're in 29th place, so we're not going to get a lot of breaks out there. The biggest thing for us is just to not complain, because it's only going to make things worse. We just have to stick with it, because when we do get the power-play unit out there, we've proved to be successful."

Eberle continues to be a bright spot for Edmonton, with four goals and three assists in his last seven games. He has three goals and one assist in five career meetings with the Sharks, including a goal in each of his last two.

Second-year left wing Taylor Hall has scored twice while setting up three other tallies in three career visits to San Jose.

----------

Please for the love of God.....win this game.

Hopefully Greiss gets the nod in net.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better score more than 2 goals tonight.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully colin white is in the press box and vandy is back on.d

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who am I kidding...baby steps...they better score more than 1 goal tonight.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Khabibulin in net last night @ANA, does that mean that Dubnyk gets the start? That guy owns the Sharks, soo..... 45+ SOG shutout? :L

Also, the schedule makers love the Sharks by giving them an insane amount of games against teams that played the night before either @ANA or @LA this season... but they keep failing to capitalize.

Anyway, if the Sharks lose this game, I want heads to roll... (yeah, yeah, I know nothing will happen)

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. O'Niemi confirmed in net tonight, per twitter. Duh!

I think all your guys' demands/wishes are wrong.... zero chance of Greiss starting, zero chance of Colin White sitting, zero chance of Vandermeer playing defense, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Tj Galiardi more involved. It's important that he contributes so he re-signs.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DP tweeting it will be White and Demers with Vandermeer and Braun scratched.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Khabibulin in net last night @ANA, does that mean that Dubnyk gets the start? That guy owns the Sharks, soo..... 45+ SOG shutout? :L

Also, the schedule makers love the Sharks by giving them an insane amount of games against teams that played the night before either @ANA or @LA this season... but they keep failing to capitalize.

Anyway, if the Sharks lose this game, I want heads to roll... (yeah, yeah, I know nothing will happen)

He's no Dwayne Roloson. Good that Roloson's long gone from EDM and out of the conference.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game that the Sharks must win and should win, but ..... will they? :)

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game that the Sharks must win and should win, but ..... will they? :)

Depends on how they deal with EDM's speed and transition.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why White continues to suit up is beyond disbelief. At this point, I want Braun/Demers. At least if they fuck up it's a learning experience and something the coaches can use to teach. Colin cancer is an old dog and old dogs don't learn shit.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, shit that I will just never comprehend...

When is he (C. White) signed through? Just this year, I hope? Can't wait... him and Mitchell not re-signed. I'm already excited about next year just from anticipating those two subtractions!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It really is beyond comprehension and reason why Colin White is even with the team anymore

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel for Vandy. He took a bit of discount to play with a Cup contender (no laughing) and now he is playing forward on the 4th line for 5 minutes a game. How the hell is he going to leverage his next contract? Plus he sits knowing that White gets to suit up despite playing poorly.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, shit that I will just never comprehend...

When is he (C. White) signed through? Just this year, I hope? Can't wait... him and Mitchell not re-signed. I'm already excited about next year just from anticipating those two subtractions!

DW will sign another has been dman to fill his spot.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a FUCKING MUST WIN tonight!

Score Goals!