• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (62) - 2/28 Flyers at Sharks - 7:30PM

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oooh i won my ESPN streak for cash...i picked the Sharks to win...im on a 1 game winning streak just like our boys in teal...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice game by Jumbo (besides the botched pass from Winnik) and a good bounce back game from Nemo.

Patty was pretty invisible for the last 2 periods. I didn't see the first period.

Hey Filo i think Sjrules99 hacked your account

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Filo i think Sjrules99 hacked your account

lol, he wasn't horrible by any stretch, he just wasn't really noticeable. On the defensive side of the fence, that can be a good thing.

I really thought Jumbo had a great game other than the missed open net.

EDIT: BTW, who officially gets the win as Coach of the Sharks?

Last edited by a moderator:

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 of the last 20 games are against Pacific...3 vs Phx.

Sharks going to have to seriously step it up.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frenchy on Frenchy hate crime!!! Vlasic wins.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks started getting chippy in the playoffs last year and he has definitely kept it going this year. Makes him much more valuable.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice WIN! :happy:

Both new additions for the Sharks sure made a nice first impression

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Marleau played well. He was a monster on the PK with some timely clears.

White, though... OMG... what's it going to take to get that moron out of the lineup? He tried sooooo hard to turn it over every time he touched it so that Philly would score. I just don't get it. There is nothing anybody can possibly see in his game to warrant these kind of minutes that he's getting...

The new guys look good so far.

Fun game to watch.

Oh and Mitchell still also blows. Like, really really bad. Can't wait for this season to be over so I don't have to watch him steal money from the Sharks ever again.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Marleau played well. He was a monster on the PK with some timely clears.

White, though... OMG... what's it going to take to get that moron out of the lineup? He tried sooooo hard to turn it over every time he touched it so that Philly would score. I just don't get it. There is nothing anybody can possibly see in his game to warrant these kind of minutes that he's getting...

The new guys look good so far.

Fun game to watch.

Oh and Mitchell still also blows. Like, really really bad. Can't wait for this season to be over so I don't have to watch him steal money from the Sharks ever again.

Dougie says 5 year extension @$3M per coming right up!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marleau was fine last night. His PK work was definitely good and while he wasnt much offensively, he seemed fine in his own end with minimal turnovers. I wouldnt criticize him for last night.

As was said, TM still stinks. He is so freakin weak along the boards in his own zone. Every time a dman pinches the puck doesnt get out. I think that's why he was benched earlier and he still is terrible at it. I truly hope this next 20 games (and POs?) are the last we see of him.

Winnik's speed and moves surprised me. He was entirely effective last night playing 18+ mins. I was definitely impressed as well as galiardi's work ethic on the forecheck. Both new guys looked real good. Of course, that said, the depth of scoring remains absent, but at the very least, I liked the energy and effort. Hopefully, that wasnt just a "1st game" phenomenon...

Lastly, the sharks also got lucky. They got the bounces. In that 3rd period, it was one way of flyers after the next and the sharks were just in survival mode. They got a couple good chance of their own, but the flyers very easily could have tied it or even won in. The killer instinct was absent once again, and they were lucky to hold on to the 2 points.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure it was a lack of killer instinct as much as it was fatigue. The only two Sharks who looked like they still had their legs in that 3rd period was the two new guys. The effort appeared to be there from everyone but the energy was not.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it was a lack of killer instinct as much as it was fatigue. The only two Sharks who looked like they still had their legs in that 3rd period was the two new guys. The effort appeared to be there from everyone but the energy was not.

I noticed that as well. Midway through the third period the Sharks looked like a very tired hockey club. It was very noticeable. I think the road trip and getting delayed in Minnesota took a pretty big toll on the team. Gutsy effort and a good win. Even Thornton played like he gave a damn.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good team effort in holding off Philadelphia's charge in the 3rd. Good play by Thornton taking the d-man back towards Bryzgalov on Clowe's goal.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear that the new guys provided some spark. And finally the Sharks win a game they perhaps shouldn't have, for a change. Now if Couture, Havlat, Moore, and Murray come back, Sharks can gear up for the stretch run.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what Sheppard can bring as well. Looks like he's getting closer to returning.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Frenchy on Frenchy hate crime!!! Vlasic wins.

Classic Filo! LOL.
Refs totally lost control of the game. Philly was holding and interfering so much, I thought we went back to the clutch and grab days.