• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT #6 - Jan 29th Ducks at Sharks - 7:30PM

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, with the advancement of irwin, to me, I think the odd man out on D when burns comes back ought to be dougie murrey. He and clowe could definitely go and if they could bring back a respectable forward, I would do it in a second. demers too :-)

somehow though, the sharks have got to get scoring help from the bottom 6. Right now only 5 total forwards have goals for the sharks, so that remains to me the only problem that I see given the improved PK.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Handzus has been a beast the last three games.

Contract year? lol Seriously i know you noticed it when i did the last few games but somehow someway he has managed to improve his speed this offseason, first step is still slower then Sluglass Murray but overall speed is way better

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the key to this one was the pk. Yes nemo was awesome, and yes, the post was nice, but the PK killed 8 minutes without giving up much of any chances. i cant remember the last time the sharks PK looked so incredibly smooth and smart. If they can figure out how to get some contributions from the bottom six via line shuffling, trade, callup, or whatever then it could get interesting. A top PP and a top PK makes any team dangerous.

Yeah if this was last year, no way the PK can handle that 2nd period. Sharks perfect on the PK last three games.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, with the advancement of irwin, to me, I think the odd man out on D when burns comes back ought to be dougie murrey. He and clowe could definitely go and if they could bring back a respectable forward, I would do it in a second. demers too :-)

somehow though, the sharks have got to get scoring help from the bottom 6. Right now only 5 total forwards have goals for the sharks, so that remains to me the only problem that I see given the improved PK.

I think they could manage moving one of either Murray or Clowe but not both. While their play has been less than adiquate so far this year their presence in the line up keeps other teams honest. After last game Couture said himself that players on the other team don't do stuff when either of those guys are on the ice that they would normally do.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, I am extremely impressed by stuey. I didnt love signing him, but at this point, I love his game. He's physical, jumps up in the play, blocks shots and really plays hard at both ends. Im impressed thus far so hopefully he keeps this up.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think they could manage moving one of either Murray or Clowe but not both. While their play has been less than adiquate so far this year their presence in the line up keeps other teams honest. After last game Couture said himself that players on the other team don't do stuff when either of those guys are on the ice that they would normally do.

perhaps, though stuart brings some nice physicality too. if only one, it's gotta be murray. His lack of speed and quickness has just gotten worse year after year, and while you gotta love the toughness and hits, I cant stand watching him score on his own net all the time, make aggregious turnovers, fail to get shots through, and be too slow to make plays on a newly aggressive PK. I think irwin brings a more complete game, raw as it may be.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
perhaps, though stuart brings some nice physicality too. if only one, it's gotta be murray. His lack of speed and quickness has just gotten worse year after year, and while you gotta love the toughness and hits, I cant stand watching him score on his own net all the time, make aggregious turnovers, fail to get shots through, and be too slow to make plays on a newly aggressive PK. I think irwin brings a more complete game, raw as it may be.

I believe Couture was referencing their willingness to drop the gloves and make opposing players accountable for their actions. That's not part of Stuarts game. His fight, if you can call it that, in the Avs game made this very apparent.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we can let Murray go but not Clowe. I don't like his Clowe's game that much, but the Sharks need him. Without Clowe, this Sharks team will be soft

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Burns comes back, I think Braun should be the one to go. Am I the only one who thinks this guy is VASTLY overrated by the organization and most fans? When Demers comes back, I think that will be Sluglass' queue. If we could ship Murray off and Galiardi (aka waste of space) for a bottom six upgrade, I am all for it. I'm still pissed off that Wilson didn't re-sign Winnik, does anybody know the exact reason as to why we parted ways with him? I think 2 years, 3.6 million dollars was more than fair for Winnik. How are you willing to give Burish 1.8 million per year for 4 years but not Winnik for two? I agree with not trading Clowey. We need his physical presence in the lineup, I love the way he stands up for his teammates and who knows, maybe he can rediscover that scoring touch. I like the second line with Gomez on it. I feel like Havlat has chemistry with Handzus (who looks like a new man this season) and they make each other better players.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Winnik was allegedly asking for a 4 year $14m contract in the offseason. Late in the offseason when he finally dropped his contract demands the Sharks roster was full.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Winnik was allegedly asking for a 4 year $14m contract in the offseason. Late in the offseason when he finally dropped his contract demands the Sharks roster was full.

Lol wow! I wouldn't pay him 14$ a season

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow we are talking about trades already? The Sharks are 6-0. I do have concern about our bottom six not producing but atleast they aren't giving up many goals.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow we are talking about trades already? The Sharks are 6-0. I do have concern about our bottom six not producing but atleast they aren't giving up many goals.

It is a little early to be talking trade but I think most are just looking at the overload of NHL ready dmen the Sharks will have once everyone is healthy and identifying the team's most glaring flaw so far which is production from the bottom six forwards.

The bottom two lines have been outstanding in every aspect of the game except goal scoring but if the Sharks want to be competitive and beat the top teams they must get more production from the 3rd and 4th lines. One goal (Vlasic) in six games isn't going to cut it.

Personally I'd like to see McLellan keep Gomez on the 2nd line and try Sheppard with Handzus and Havlat. Shep has better offensive instincts then Wingels and Galiardi. Pair Wingels with Desjardins on the 4th as those two showed a lot of chemistry last year.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kurz reporting Demers is good to go

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully that means Murray or Braun is good to go...go as in away.

I don't get the Braun hate. He's played very well this year dispite being strapped down by Murray. He's solid defensively and excells at moving the puck out of the defensive zone and getting to the forwards to start transition.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't get the Braun hate. He's played very well this year dispite being strapped down by Murray. He's solid defensively and excells at moving the puck out of the defensive zone and getting to the forwards to start transition.

If i remember correctly Brauny and Demers played really well together last year

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If i remember correctly Brauny and Demers played really well together last year

Demers and Braun are both natural right side dmen. Demers struggled a lot last year trying to adjust to the left side. Braun faired much better on his off side but it's not an optimal situation IMO.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Demers and Braun are both natural right side dmen. Demers struggled a lot last year trying to adjust to the left side. Braun faired much better on his off side but it's not an optimal situation IMO.

His offense sucked but coming in as a fatty probably didnt help. Eh Oh well should be an interesting who sits when boyler comes back