• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 6/13: JDLR @ Bow Tie Guy

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad, real sad.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A veritable shitshow.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp that is the ballgame. Wonder how Heath Hembree is doing?

He certainly has a future in the bigs, but he is not co ing up to close. Not this year.

I would not be against some kind of closer by committee, though, with Romo, Machi and KCYa. That won't happen either.

I do, however, suspect that Panik will be up sooner rather than later. Kid is raking in Fresno and Hicks is showing why he is not an MLB starter. We need to see what Panik can do before the deadline anyway. Also, promoting him allows Duffy to be moved to Fresno. Although, the EL is probably a tougher test for him that Fresno would be.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly has a future in the bigs, but he is not co ing up to close. Not this year.

I would not be against some kind of closer by committee, though, with Romo, Machi and KCYa. That won't happen either.

I do, however, suspect that Panik will be up sooner rather than later. Kid is raking in Fresno and Hicks is showing why he is not an MLB starter. We need to see what Panik can do before the deadline anyway. Also, promoting him allows Duffy to be moved to Fresno. Although, the EL is probably a tougher test for him that Fresno would be.

I know man :)

Just trying to have a little fun on a bad night by throwing out ridiculous questions

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full Moon, Friday the 13th, 9th inning blues ....Giants lose 7-4

Just got home from the game . I am beat and a drum is going off in my head and it's not good. Too tired and disappointed to write too much on this game. Lincecum gave up two runs but came out of it looking like a champ going 6 strong innings and deserved a win.

Now for the bad news ...Romo coughed one up tonight and it was pretty ugly. His ERA jumped up to 4.31 after blowing his 3rd save of the season. Giants led 4-2 heading into the 9th and I was all set for the fireworks win show afterward. You can't win in MLB not doing the little things and playing fundamental baseball. The wheels fell off the hot rod and that has not happened too much this year.

It was a pretty good fireworks show by the Giants but the team fizzled out when it counted late. One of those games you throw in the garbage can and move on to Saturday in the Park. Going to bed now and dream of better days to come. Tonight it was ...Full Moon ,Friday the 13th, 9th inning blues... Giants lose 7-4.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants are now 1-5 in their last six.

They have walked a total of 7 times in those six games. (Plate patience, anyone?)

They are hitting .186 with RISP, having left 35 on in the last five games.

Only one error in those six games (though seemingly every late play by Oxy should be an error. He disowned that he made mistakes on both plays. He should have thrown to 2nd instead of 3rd on Friday, and tonight's route to the inside the park single, er, home run was one of the worst we have seen in a while. He has played very good defense, but the rap on him when we acquired him was his routes to balls. That certainly played out today.)

They scored first in 2 of the six, and are 1-1 in those games (should be 2-0)

Gotta give the Rox credit for battling. A week ago, they were playing like the worst team in baseball. In the last six games, the Giants are playing like the worst team in baseball. And so it goes.

It is mid-June, and I am anxious for Kontos to be gone (who keeps allowing inherited runners to score) and for KCYa to be back.

I am growing increasingly alarmed by HicKs. As has been said, he is not slumping, this is who he is. He's playing good "D", but we also need some consistent hitting, not some consistent K-ing.

He is now hitting .177 with 70 K's in 186 AB's (37.6% K-rate). That would project to 226 K's for 600 at bats.

He has driven in 2 runs in the last 19 games (with 27 K's). His last HR was May 23. So after hitting 8 bombs and 20 RBI in the first 40 games, he has no homers and 2 RBI's in his last 20 games.

:eek:

These last two losses have been painful to watch/listen to. Giants were 35-0 when leading after 8. Now have lost their last two when leading after 8.

Our hopes are with Bum tomorrow, and for some timely hitting by the Giants.

The good news is that my daughter graduated from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo today! No more (undergrad) tuition!