• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 3/31 Giants @ D-Backs Opening Day

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVPosey FTW!!

zCVKY.gif

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Struck him out with the change!

His work in ST paid off there. His ERA ballooned because he was working on the changeup, throwing it almost exclusively. But he got his feel of it, and was confident enough in using it in a jam.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His work in ST paid off there. His ERA ballooned because he was working on the changeup, throwing it almost exclusively. But he got his feel of it, and was confident enough in using it in a jam.

I threw one change that was damn ugly (to Montero I think). But if he can keep that change down, it's going to really help against lefties.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I threw one change that was damn ugly (to Montero I think). But if he can keep that change down, it's going to really help against lefties.

I think the pitch to Montero may have been a slider. IDK. But definitely, having that pitch would make me a lot more comfortable in the ninth inning (but there'll always be torture).

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, he threw a change high and outside to Montero. The homer was off a slider with serious hang time. No snap at all, at least until Montero's bat snapped it over the fence.

Good to have more than one pitch, but the slider will be his go to pitch.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants pull one out of the Fire on Opening Day

The journey has started ...the grind has begun...and the Giants are 1-0 in 2014 winning 9-8 tonight.

It started out ugly and got even worse but the Giants picked themselves off the mat in Arizona and pulled this ballgame out of the fire and into the win column. World Series here we come as the fight has begun for the NL West and the target is L.A. Blue. I am sure some fans bailed on this game after error after error ruined a perfectly good night of baseball.

In one of the memorable Opening Day wins ever the Giants showed shit ...then grit winning this bad boy of a ballgame. The team came together putting up a tremendous rally late after trailing 6-2. Belt had a big game hitting a long HR tallying 3 hits total on the night. Pagan did a real nice job at the top and Adrianza had a key double to breathe life in the team. It came down to Buster Posey who launched a 2 run HR to deep left , a towering shot that made houses shake back in the Bay Area.

It could of been a team loss but ended up a big team win and it's only game one of this crazy season. As Romo closed it out by his chinny chin chin in the 9th the D=Backs failed to blow the house down. What a game and it's not April yet. What's next? Stay tuned.

:suds:

Go Giants !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

Go home Packers you hater!!

:laugh3:

To be fair, I was so fed up I went out for a 2.5 mile walk, listening to KNBR the whole way. I may get a LOT of exercise this year.

I am helping to raise money for a friend to go with a group to do some clean water projects in Rwanda, and the challenge was to walk 100 miles during Lent (2.5 miles a day). I am already at 75 miles, so will push for 125 miles.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he throws this to lefties (maybe a little lower), I wouldn't have to have as many beers ready for the 9th anymore.

CSgP4DM.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT outcome, but it was still ugly and unwatchable.

I think I have been hanging around tz too much.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Giants infielders take a few more practice grounders before the next three games in Arizona. I know that infield is rock hard and a joke but you can't have errors like tonight. Fundamentals win Championships and they have to clean things up fast.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants hitters need to move up in the batters box against McCarthy. You have to get these sinker ball pitchers up in the box before the big break downward. You have to make adjustments during the game. I hope they do it quick.

Seriously? Have you ever played baseball?

Jeebus...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The HR? It was a frisbee slider -- can't throw that over the plate to a lefty.