• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (29) - 12/15 Avalanche at Sharks - 7:30PM

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That obviously wasn't the prettiest game but that 3rd period was something to smile about. Winning feels that much better when you lose so much. Usually we'd have the lead and blow it in the 3rd but on this night, it was the exact opposite and the sharks showed a lot of heart and resilience to get that win. Awesome job lets hope that rally gets them back on the winning track.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's interesting to hear Hedican pin the poor PK 100% on the system and coaching. Hopefully someone is listening.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's interesting to hear Hedican pin the poor PK 100% on the system and coaching. Hopefully someone is listening.

Yep, and the forwards specifically as I mentioned. Its obvious that they are the problems allowing far too many shots through (blocking little) and running around leaving huge seems for nice cross-ice tap ins.

Whats fails me is how Todd doesnt get it.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and the forwards specifically as I mentioned. Its obvious that they are the problems allowing far too many shots through (blocking little) and running around leaving huge seems for nice cross-ice tap ins.

I think one of the reasons that shots aren't being blocked is because Todd is using his skill forwards to PK. Generally speaking, it's your 3rd/4th line grinders that will sacrifice the body to block shots. Havlat, Marleau, Thornton...yeah, they're not going to block many point shots for you.

This PK issue is getting completely out of hand. The coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves for not getting it improved. If the skill forwards dont want to block shots, go with the grinders and play a tighter box. This would help negate those cross ice passes, allow more point shots, but hopefully those grinders will be more willing to sacrifice the body to block shots.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks showed good resilience to come back from the 2 goal deficit. I thought for sure they were going to pack it in. Avs do not have a good defense and it showed when the Sharks finally started to sustain an attack.

I like not having Murray in there versus the faster teams. I can imagine him struggling with a game like tonight. Vlasic and White/Vandy is enough in terms of defensemen with a defensive mentality. Play good team defense and go with the puck moving abilities of Boyle, Demers, Burns, and Braun versus a team with quick forwards.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think one of the reasons that shots aren't being blocked is because Todd is using his skill forwards to PK. Generally speaking, it's your 3rd/4th line grinders that will sacrifice the body to block shots. Havlat, Marleau, Thornton...yeah, they're not going to block many point shots for you.

This PK issue is getting completely out of hand. The coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves for not getting it improved. If the skill forwards dont want to block shots, go with the grinders and play a tighter box. This would help negate those cross ice passes, allow more point shots, but hopefully those grinders will be more willing to sacrifice the body to block shots.

Is McLellan's little butt-buddy Jay Woodcroft in charge of the PK?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is McLellan's little butt-buddy Jay Woodcroft in charge of the PK?

When Yawney was fired Shaw took over the defense and PK responsibilities and Woodcroft has the forwards. I haven't seen anything about who is primarily responsible for the pp.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire them all (with the possible exception of McLellan), IMO.

This shit is inexcusable. #30 out of fucking 30 teams more than 1/3 of the way through the season is a good enough sample size.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bring richards back and pat quinn to replace those 2 maybe even gary suter to run the pp

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is the first time this board has uniformly hated one person ever lol

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fire them all (with the possible exception of McLellan), IMO.

This shit is inexcusable. #30 out of fucking 30 teams more than 1/3 of the way through the season is a good enough sample size.

Yep, it's to the point that when the Sharks go on the PK, I ask how long it'll take the other team to score, not if they'll score.