• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT #26 - Kings at Sharks - 7:30PM

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot (99%?) of the shitty D blame, I place on McLellan.

That Murray/Stuart pairing that he used all game last night was fucking atrocious.

Someone should make a 'this-d-man-should-never-be-paired-with-this-d-man' chart for Todd... I volunteer if it's too much work for Jay Woodcroft.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot (99%?) of the shitty D blame, I place on McLellan.

That Murray/Stuart pairing that he used all game last night was fucking atrocious.

Someone should make a 'this-d-man-should-never-be-paired-with-this-d-man' chart for Todd... I volunteer if it's too much work for Jay Woodcroft.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame McLellan for the defense pairings. McLellan has input on who's in the line up but the actual pairings usually fall to whom ever is in charge of running the defense. In this case Robinson an Johnson.

Last edited by a moderator:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's true.

So has old man Robinson lost his mind or what?

Or how do we explain some of these pairings this many games into the season? Surely he must know what he's got to work with by now and shouldn't be experimenting for entire games at a time?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, that's true.

So has old man Robinson lost his mind or what?

Or how do we explain some of these pairings this many games into the season? Surely he must know what he's got to work with by now and shouldn't be experimenting for entire games at a time?

They are trying to keep everyone in there natural position. Murray, Vlasic, and Irwin are all LD's and Boyle, Stuart, Braun are RD's. I would guess the thought process behind the Stuart-Murray pair was to be a shut down pairing. They were probably hoping for the same success as the Vlasic-Stuart pair but Murray's lack of mobility and inability to effectively move the puck has turned that pairing into a disaster.