• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (13) - 11/7 Sharks vs Kings - 7:30PM

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks win and kopitars on my fantasy team! Whoo!

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got back a little while ago.
Great game!
The chant of BEAT LA at the end of the game was nearly deafening.
And remember sharks fans, if you were at the game, you can trade in your ticket stub for two crappy Jack in the Crack tacos.
(Weak sauce. I liked it better when you could get Round Table pizza after a 4 goal game. I guess the depression is hitting us all hard.)

I'm sorry for the woman who got tagged in the head with a puck and had to be taken to the hospital. She was struggling up the stairway with the compress to the head to stop the bleeding. I was sitting in section 120 so I was within 50 feet of the event. It looked like her boyfriend sitting on her left wussed out and ducked out of the way and she got nailed. Fellas, you gotta man up and block that. That's your job.

Did they show that on the replay for the folks at home?

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin White has been absolutely horrible, I'm not sure why McLellan continues to roll him out there night in and night out with options like Vandermeer and Demers in the press box. Colin was supposed to be a steal of the deal but now with his terribad play along with Demers lackluster start to the season it really makes me wish they would've re-signed Ian White. I'm also wondering how much longer Douglas Murray is going to be kept around. Ian was just so solid, I know he was undersized and we didn't need another right handed shot but he's only 27 and skates so well and was very responsible with the puck. I think he could have put our blue line over the top. I am starting to accept Vlasic for who he is, love what I saw from him in the playoffs last year and he has looked great covering for that mess we call Brent Burns out there. Justin Braun continues to impress, I love the way he plays. As for the bottom 6, with the exception of Handzus, they really don't provide much energy to the team. Winchester BORING. Andrew Murray BORING. Desjardins doesn't do much either. McGinn is whatever and as I stated before, I think Torrey Mitchell is way overvalued by the coaching staff and management. I also stated earlier how much more we could get out of Handzus offensively if we could get him a winger with some scoring ability. Handzus could turn that third line into a dangerous one but as it stands the poor guy can't do much centering AHL fodder. Wow this message is really long but I'd also like to include that I was at the game tonight, it was my first game of the season and it never gets old. There is no other sport like hockey, I love our fans, I love our Tank and I love our Sharkies. What an amazing atmosphere. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin White has been absolutely horrible, I'm not sure why McLellan continues to roll him out there night in and night out with options like Vandermeer and Demers in the press box. Colin was supposed to be a steal of the deal but now with his terribad play along with Demers lackluster start to the season it really makes me wish they would've re-signed Ian White. I'm also wondering how much longer Douglas Murray is going to be kept around. Ian was just so solid, I know he was undersized and we didn't need another right handed shot but he's only 27 and skates so well and was very responsible with the puck. I think he could have put our blue line over the top. I am starting to accept Vlasic for who he is, love what I saw from him in the playoffs last year and he has looked great covering for that mess we call Brent Burns out there. Justin Braun continues to impress, I love the way he plays. As for the bottom 6, with the exception of Handzus, they really don't provide much energy to the team. Winchester BORING. Andrew Murray BORING. Desjardins doesn't do much either. McGinn is whatever and as I stated before, I think Torrey Mitchell is way overvalued by the coaching staff and management. I also stated earlier how much more we could get out of Handzus offensively if we could get him a winger with some scoring ability. Handzus could turn that third line into a dangerous one but as it stands the poor guy can't do much centering AHL fodder. Wow this message is really long but I'd also like to include that I was at the game tonight, it was my first game of the season and it never gets old. There is no other sport like hockey, I love our fans, I love our Tank and I love our Sharkies. What an amazing atmosphere. :)

+rep for you since I agree 100%.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Me three. Thought White was a great signing (for the money, with what NJ is paying of his salary) but holy shit, he's beyond horrendous. Wallin or Huskins were both FAR superior and I wish I was joking writing that... :L

me four, but I'm not willing to close the book on him just yet. he's had an amazingly bad start, but I don't think he actually is this bad. Wallin was much older and we all knew that he sucked. I mean, when I guy trips over the blueline while standing still twice in a game, it could mean there is something else going on upstairs. White may just have a confidence problem right now, but if he keeps playing like this, it's 1M wasted, that's for sure.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
by the way, gotta give burns some credit that he is currently the only regular player on the team who has yet to take a penalty. On a team with a PK like theirs, that's actually pretty damn good.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me four, but I'm not willing to close the book on him just yet. he's had an amazingly bad start, but I don't think he actually is this bad. Wallin was much older and we all knew that he sucked. I mean, when I guy trips over the blueline while standing still twice in a game, it could mean there is something else going on upstairs. White may just have a confidence problem right now, but if he keeps playing like this, it's 1M wasted, that's for sure.

I hope you're right Rules, he sure looks like he's lost a step. Maybe he's a guy who needs to feel comfortable with the gameplan to be successful and just needs more time.

by the way, gotta give burns some credit that he is currently the only regular player on the team who has yet to take a penalty. On a team with a PK like theirs, that's actually pretty damn good.

That's because he doesn't hook the player as they pass him by for the breakaway :L :D.....lol, that is pretty impressive though.....especially for how rough he plays.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope you're right Rules, he sure looks like he's lost a step. Maybe he's a guy who needs to feel comfortable with the gameplan to be successful and just needs more time.

That's because he doesn't hook the player as they pass him by for the breakaway :L :D.....lol, that is pretty impressive though.....especially for how rough he plays.

Yeah whites lost more then a step he looks completly lost. I wouldnt be shocked if he retired

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ColonWhiteTurd does need to ride pine. I'd much rather see what the others can do at this point.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expressed some worry over a possible Demers/Braun pairing because I thought between the two of them, there would be many defensive gaffes. However, there are still defensive gaffes with White so at this point, why not try Demers/Braun against teams with a quick third line and inject some good puck movement into the roster.

For teams like LA, I think either White or Vandy needs to be in there since their third line is big and grinding. But against a team like CHI, I'd be willing to try Demers/Braun. This is all based on Braun's improved play and White's disappointing play. Demers needs to get a chance to play for confidence sake. If Niemi can let in a few softies and get put back out there next game, why not Demers?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, might be time to throw Demers back in there but I think Venderbeer is a better option (the guy isn't stellar by any means but I've been pleasantly surprised with his limited play so far)..

Either would be an upgrade over White for sure.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think White has played well. I didn't have too high of expectations for him, but his play has been alright. If he continues to trip over the blue lines, then we might have a problem. As for Demers he has been a disappointment for me. I feel bad for the kid since he did have a solid play offs last year. I wonder what happend, but either way he needs to step up in practice or something to get out of the Todd's DOG HOUSE.

But I still say we need better players for our 3rd & 4th lines. Plus Doug needs to find 2 pk'ers soon. This 29th rank PK will catch up to us and cost us some games. :yell:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know demers has had a bad start, but he has played a total of 7 games this year. that's hardly much of a chance to right your ship. he's also had to deal with playing with White who has been god awful, so he hasnt had a respectable partner either.

There may be something going on that we cant see, but tmac sure seems to be coming down awfully hard on a guy after just a few bad games. he's not a little rookie, and has been excellent in his previous 120+ games, so a short bad stretch does not seem reason enough to staple him to the players box. I would really like to see him back out there paired with vandy or braun for next game.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know demers has had a bad start, but he has played a total of 7 games this year. that's hardly much of a chance to right your ship. he's also had to deal with playing with White who has been god awful, so he hasnt had a respectable partner either.

There may be something going on that we cant see, but tmac sure seems to be coming down awfully hard on a guy after just a few bad games. he's not a little rookie, and has been excellent in his previous 120+ games, so a short bad stretch does not seem reason enough to staple him to the players box. I would really like to see him back out there paired with vandy or braun for next game.

I think they expect more out of Demers, the way he and Vlasic were down the stretch and the PO's those 2 looked like an easy 2/3 at worst, if they had more offense id say top pairing.

He may have a work ethic problem, but who knows. All i know is White was known for how good he was at the fundamental parts of the defensive game and hard hitting. He cant do either any more.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think they expect more out of Demers, the way he and Vlasic were down the stretch and the PO's those 2 looked like an easy 2/3 at worst, if they had more offense id say top pairing.

He may have a work ethic problem, but who knows. All i know is White was known for how good he was at the fundamental parts of the defensive game and hard hitting. He cant do either any more.

I wonder if Demers came to camp out of shape. Weren't ther pics from the charity golf event in which he looked a little doughy in the middle?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Demers came to camp out of shape. Weren't ther pics from the charity golf event in which he looked a little doughy in the middle?

Yes, he did.

(although can't find pic anymore but didn't look hard enough.. it's on Burns' twitter somewhere from around that date if someone wants to do a search)

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could be a bit of a porkchop but it also looks like wind might be blowing and filling up his shirt, id hate to think he got that far out of shape

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like!

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

agreed good sir!