• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 16): FALCONS vs. 49ERS

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm very seriously considering starting Kap next week in my fantasy championship game (if DeAndre Levy doesn't score 14+ points tonight) instead of Romo vs. Washington. Am I crazy?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very seriously considering starting Kap next week in my fantasy championship game (if DeAndre Levy doesn't score 14+ points tonight) instead of Romo vs. Washington. Am I crazy?

I would say yes. Washington defense sucks more than Atlanta's and we will run the ball more than Dallas will

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

How the hell did you manage to get Kap and Romo in the first place. You probably playing against amateurs. anyway, I would go with Romo simply b/c the Redskins pass defense is very weak to say the least.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would say yes. Washington defense sucks more than Atlanta's and we will run the ball more than Dallas will

That's the logical choice, but Romo in December is fairly terrible. And he's only been ok against maybe the softest schedule in the league. I could see Kap running and throwing well against a bad Atlanta D in the last game at Candlestick.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How the hell did you manage to get Kap and Romo in the first place. You probably playing against amateurs. anyway, I would go with Romo simply b/c the Redskins pass defense is very weak to say the least.

Hahaha. My league is actually pretty solid across the board. Romo plummeted in the draft, so I got him in like the 10th round. Then I managed to pull off a bit of a steal trading Schaub (two weeks before the benching) and Snelling (when he was basically starting) for Kap (when he was playing quite poorly) and Joique Bell.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. My league is actually pretty solid across the board. Romo plummeted in the draft, so I got him in like the 10th round. Then I managed to pull off a bit of a steal trading Schaub (two weeks before the benching) and Snelling (when he was basically starting) for Kap (when he was playing quite poorly) and Joique Bell.

Wow man you are fleecing people! Is this the same league you picked up Gordon of the waiver wire?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And Atlanta has actually allowed more passing yards and TDs than Washington.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow man you are fleecing people! Is this the same league you picked up Gordon of the waiver wire?

Yeah. I only play in the one league - my wife would seriously divorce me if I dedicated any more time to football than I already do. I've had some very lucky breaks this year, including my opponents almost universally shitting the bed against me over the second half of the season. Usually my league is a good one, but sometimes even the better players make very strange moves. I still can't figure the guy dropping Gordon. The guy who did it is one of the two or three best players in our league IMO.

I was pretty surprised the Kap trade was accepted. I was mostly trying to get Bell as I've got Bush, and figured I'd try to move Snelling while he still had value. Kap was just icing, as Schaub was a top-12 QB and playing the better of the two at that point, but I was betting on his upside. I think the trade had gone through, but hadn't processed (as in the players hadn't actually switched teams), when Schaub put up like three points against the Niners. It was all downhill for him from there.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win and we are in. Win out and we get the 5th seed what would be Big.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yo I had Rogers, Wilson and Kap. Someone released Kap when he was doing nothing. I had Wilson as my back up to Rogers.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bruce Miller - RB - 49ers

49ers FB Bruce Miller suffered a potentially significant scapula injury in the Niners' Week 15 win over Tampa Bay.

Per coach Jim Harbaugh, Miller's injury "doesn't look good." The 49ers are expected to sign Owen Marecic off of their practice squad. In addition to being a surprisingly big part of San Francisco's passing game this season, Miller has graded out as a top-four lead blocker in Pro Football Focus' ratings.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Dec 16 - 3:18 PM

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Miller - RB - 49ers

49ers FB Bruce Miller suffered a potentially significant scapula injury in the Niners' Week 15 win over Tampa Bay.

Per coach Jim Harbaugh, Miller's injury "doesn't look good." The 49ers are expected to sign Owen Marecic off of their practice squad. In addition to being a surprisingly big part of San Francisco's passing game this season, Miller has graded out as a top-four lead blocker in Pro Football Focus' ratings.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Dec 16 - 3:18 PM

Damn it!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better not be the last game at the Sticks. The football Gods know they want a final playoff game in that stadium.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't take this team lightly. They still have a lot of talent.