• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

game thread

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You obviously know nothing about anything medical. Donpu realize how slow cartilage and ligaments heal? Very slowly. They don't get enough blood to them to heal quickly. It won't heal till the off season. It was reported from the beginning he may miss the entire season. s I said if he comes back, they better have him sign a waiver because there's a chance something real bad could happen.

Right, and you're a medical expert.

It was reported he may miss the entire season until they figured out exactly what was going on. And last I checked, ribs are not ligaments or cartilage. The injury itself may not fully heal until the offseason, but after the reported couple weeks, its out of "life threatening" territory.

I know you don't want him to come back because it hurts the Bengals, but you're dead wrong. You don't know more than the medical experts.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what connects the ribs to the sternum. You obviously don't.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, you are a medical expert. Not sure why anyone isn't asking your opinion.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Man I forgot I should base what I think off you. I think he would be a moron to come back. Im sorry I didn't base my opinion off of your thoughts.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol. Man I forgot I should base what I think off you. I think he would be a moron to come back. Im sorry I didn't base my opinion off of your thoughts.

Of course you shouldn't, nor have I ever suggested that. But what I have suggested is you should base it off of what every medical expert who has commented on the situation has said.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way I see it.....let him kill himself. The Steelers are obviously not very good without him.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they must think they can protect the aorta, if they let him play again.

personally, I think he will take about 2 or 3 more weeks off, but I'd have to study the x-rays to be sure, and maybe a cat scan.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought that the whole 'a rib could puncture my heart and kill me' thing was just Ben being his overly dramatic self. Could be wrong, but I thought the doctor's said that he is significantly injured, but that playing is not going to kill him.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nice drubbing....team is coming together

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought that the whole 'a rib could puncture my heart and kill me' thing was just Ben being his overly dramatic self. Could be wrong, but I thought the doctor's said that he is significantly injured, but that playing is not going to kill him.

For the most part, Ben was being overly dramatic. The chance that a wrong hit to the injured rib could kill him was probably like 5% (I made up that number, but likely the case). Nonetheless, you aren't going to play even with those odds. After all the tests had been done, the doctors said that it was a rare injury, but nothing significant aside from the rarity and the slight chance the wrong hit could kill him. The prognosis was that he could play after a few weeks.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way I see it.....let him kill himself. The Steelers are obviously not very good without him.

Ooohhh, that's damned cold, Crash......the Steelers can beat us without Ben no matter how bad they become. Until they show us differently, the Bengals are the Steelers' bitch.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they must think they can protect the aorta, if they let him play again.

personally, I think he will take about 2 or 3 more weeks off, but I'd have to study the x-rays to be sure, and maybe a cat scan.

Drama queen that Ben is, he most likely overstated the seriousness of the injury-wouldn't be the first time.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooohhh, that's damned cold, Crash......the Steelers can beat us without Ben no matter how bad they become. Until they show us differently, the Bengals are the Steelers' bitch.

He is either healthy, or his is not. If he is not healthy enough and he chooses to play anyways, than it is his own stupidity. You look after #1 first. I don't want to see anyone get killed on a football field, but you have to protect yourself first. If he ignores medical advice, which I do not think he will, then his life is in his own hands. So I will not feel sorry for him. Plain and simple.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is either healthy, or his is not. If he is not healthy enough and he chooses to play anyways, than it is his own stupidity. You look after #1 first. I don't want to see anyone get killed on a football field, but you have to protect yourself first. If he ignores medical advice, which I do not think he will, then his life is in his own hands. So I will not feel sorry for him. Plain and simple.

He won't be playing without medical clearance. Nobody does that these days. I also think the Steelers will hold it together enough without him until he gets back, whenever that is. We'll have to beat them week 16 if we're to make the playoffs, provided we are still alive come week 16. I don't like our chances against their defense.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be playing without medical clearance. Nobody does that these days. I also think the Steelers will hold it together enough without him until he gets back, whenever that is. We'll have to beat them week 16 if we're to make the playoffs, provided we are still alive come week 16. I don't like our chances against their defense.

I agree. Which is why I think he is just whining and making it sound worse than it is. He will get cleared because he is not injured that bad.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Which is why I think he is just whining and making it sound worse than it is. He will get cleared because he is not injured that bad.

Sure wouldn't be the first time he played drama queen, would it?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Sure wouldn't be the first time he played drama queen, would it?

I can't even think of one single time where he didn't blow every single little injury out of proportion.

You got guys like Suggs tearing his knee apart and coming back in 5 months. You got Roethlisberger with a hang nail and he acts like his finger was nearly ripped off and barely intact and he is questionable the following week.