• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game plan vs GB

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
It has been well publicized that Green Bay allowed a lot of passing yards last year. But some of that can be equated to teams falling behind and having to pass in order to try and catch up.

What do you guys think?

I think we are going to come out throwing early and often. Similar to the regular season game vs the Giants last year.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting pressure on Arod and disrupting the passing game will be key, Hopefully we run the ball well and win the TOP game, I just hope we don't come out flat and get embarrassed on national TV. If we can come out with a win It will be a huge confidence booster for the rest of the season.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run game needs to be deadly and exhausting for them.

Hopefully we can strike some good ol bombs to Davis and Moss.

Defensively, that's the big concern for me.... Pass rush and coverage needs to make a splash and say something to the rest of the league against Rodgers n co.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I believe we'll hit them with a heavy dose of the run game on offense. Their run defense wasn't actually that great last season with a 4.7 YDS/A which ranked them 26th in the league in the category.

So I think we'll use the run game till they stop it with some passed some passing sprinkled in to keep them honest and on their toes a bit.

Defensively it's going to be simply rush 4 and put 7 back and dare them to run. We'll probably see the same exact plan defensively as we did against the Saints.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I believe we'll hit them with a heavy dose of the run game on offense. Their run defense wasn't actually that great last season with a 4.7 YDS/A which ranked them 26th in the league in the category.

So I think we'll use the run game till they stop it with some passed some passing sprinkled in to keep them honest and on their toes a bit.

Defensively it's going to be simply rush 4 and put 7 back and dare them to run. We'll probably see the same exact plan defensively as we did against the Saints.

The defense needs to be able to pressure the qb with only rushing 4. I have high confidence in this coaching staff, and they have had all off season to prepare for this game. I think we'll out coach them. It's up to the players to execute the plan.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Overcome the biased officiating that always comes with games vs. Green Bay

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pound the rock.

Knock the snot out of Rodgers.

Repeat.

+1 and repped when it allows me. Unless someone wants to go into greater detail on how best to accomplish this/these, nothing else need be said.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this year won't be big on yardage because we all of a sudden go deep often, I just think this mini-trend will continue: Alex's passes went 10 yards or less 57.6% of the time he threw from 2009-2011, but in 2011 alone, his passes went less than 10 yards "only" 54% of the time. Not great open offense numbers, but if we got that down to 50-52% of the time, that'd be semi-significant. And then of course, add more 3rd down conversions and a few deep passes. For comparison, 52% is Rodgers and Brady's percentages. (Yes, I know, one year difference isn't really a trend.)

I got these numbers from http://forums.49ers.com/showthread.php?t=134189. So they may or may not be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official Depth Chart:

Depth chart: Moss listed as starter

Ginn is no longer in his boot and is walking around fine according to Eric Branch.

For those who were mad at Brock's preseason showing, this is from the above article:

"On defense, Perrish Cox moved up the depth chart ahead of Tramaine Brock as a backup at left cornerback behind Carlos Rogers. Chris Culliver, the backup to Tarell Brown at right cornerback, is still expected to be the 49ers' third cornerback."

Last edited by a moderator: