• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know with this show, but they are two of the biggest characters, IMO they need a more impactful death.
They died in eachother's arms. That's the death they get. That was about the only thing that made sense to me that episode.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know with this show, but they are two of the biggest characters, IMO they need a more impactful death.

They mentioned how they came into the world together and will leave together.

This is was something that was always alluded to. Might not of been real epic, but it wasn’t out of nowhere or anything. Fit their relationship

Reactions: gob

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 8 in a gif.
giphy.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North men. They also mentioned the other kingdoms backing them last week so maybe that too.

Ah gotcha. It was pretty ridiculous how they rolled over the Golden Company so easily... but I guess they were demoralized by the dragon, still would've been cool to see them do a little better.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad episode but pretty much expected. We got Clegane Bowl. We got Evil Dany to set up the fight against Jon.
We get evil Dany but why? She had what she wanted. Couldn't something have spurned that on at least?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get evil Dany but why? She had what she wanted. Couldn't something have spurned that on at least?

Eh the more I think about it, I guess it makes sense. She was always a little cray cray but she was able to harness some of the anger/insanity because:

1) She took over whatever she wanted with ease.
2) Jon Snuuuu was porking her.
3) Everyone followed her and there was no doubting her as ruler (major change with Sansa/North).
4) No experience of betrayal, really... or not major doubts about who trusted her (pertains to 3).
5) No significant losses up until this season (hated her brother and could've spared him, one could argue her husband but it was disease and because he wanted to big dick mode it with that one dothraki pleb).

So kind of made sense she just snapped. She was always ready to murder anyone who didn't bow the knee, so that combined with the above points - makes sense she lost her damn mind.

Should be a fairly predictable but satisfying end. Arya kills Dany, Jon goes into exile, Brann visions back Natalie Dormer walk of shame nude for the fan service, Sansa trips on some rock and cracks her head open and dies, and some soldier named 'Joe' (because.. ya gotta have a Joe) takes over the throne.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, to me that arc doesn't fit. Dany has defended innocents from day 1
Yep. I get that she has teetered on the edge of madness throughout but it just made no sense to me here. She basically saw that she had the war won then said fuck it, my father wanted them all burned I guess. Let's do that. Why bother being the queen of anybody when you can just hang out by yourself.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, to me that arc doesn't fit. Dany has defended innocents from day 1
She is becoming the mad queen. Seriously has all basically shoved down our throats for the past 2 seasons. Rewatch the series and you will see, Danny isn’t all that likable.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is becoming the mad queen. Seriously has all basically shoved down our throats for the past 2 seasons. Rewatch the series and you will see, Danny isn’t all that likable.
She was pretty likable in season 1:wash:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She had like 100 soldiers combined last episode. Apparently she told the majority we got this one against the walkers.
She didn't have all of the armies with her. Jon was with most of them. You will recall Jon wasn't there yet last week.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond that... not really. As the series goes on, she really isn’t.
I always liked her. And even last season, she decides to forego her fight to help Jon and the North in theirs. As I see it, if Jon really didn't want the Iron Throne, all he had to do was keep his identity to himself

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty intense episode. Kind of like that it went dark because it was a bit too much on the side of our characters lately. It needed to hit those other emotions before it went out.

Clegane bowl? It was predictable it would happen. They made the mountain a bit too living dead-ish, but yet he slow rolled killing his brother. I mean he took out the queens hand with ease.

Dany snapped. Doubt she fully planned to go that bat shit crazy. Seeing the inner keep was the last trigger. She had lost her closest advisors, knows there isn't anyone that's going to follow her here the way they did where she came from. Jon betrayed her and now won't return her love. Tyrion betrayed her and let her down yet again. She couldn't be more alone. And she had gone off tilt quite a few times as it was. She does have the mad kings blood in her after all.

Sure, it's kind of lame they had so many of those scorpions and none hit their mark, but she was ready for them this time. They caught her off guard the first time.