• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game day threads

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit posting in them due to the ref complaints, but damn Skids fans are worse. Not only were they crying over calls rhey want PI to be called on the other team when their player is at fault.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit posting in them due to the ref complaints, but damn Skids fans are worse. Not only were they crying over calls rhey want PI to be called on the other team when their player is at fault.
Their tears taste sweeter than chocolate milk

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy for the win, but this pass defense is as bad as greenbay and no pass rush at all. we have no playmakers on defense. Not one great player. This off season has to be 100% defense.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep we need DL pass rusher and Corner help in draft for sure

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy for the win, but this pass defense is as bad as greenbay.
In their defense, Claiborne and Church were playing at a real high level, and Wilcox got dinged up as well. We completely stuffed their run game, the yards allowed were a product of the two deep scheme to protect the subs. Pass rush is our major deficiency

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I have to agree with most everything said here and have said all along we need a better pass rush and need to be able to stop teams when it matters most and feel we are still very poor there,,,BUT...we did knock the snot out of Cousins a few times and Mo was out and at one point our safeties were Heath and Frazier!!! And more importantly, criticize whatever you want we are 10-1!!! 10-1!!! So something seems to be working marginal D and all:suds:

So we aren't perfect, but our record says we are playing closer to it than anyone else...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their defense, Claiborne and Church were playing at a real high level, and Wilcox got dinged up as well. We completely stuffed their run game, the yards allowed were a product of the two deep scheme to protect the subs. Pass rush is our major deficiency
Pass rush is a major liability, but we need a corner that is good and can stay healthy. The problem with Claiborne is: Where is he when we need him??? Hurt 100% of the time.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I have to agree with most everything said here and have said all along we need a better pass rush and need to be able to stop teams when it matters most and feel we are still very poor there,,,BUT...we did knock the snot out of Cousins a few times and Mo was out and at one point our safeties were Heath and Frazier!!! And more importantly, criticize whatever you want we are 10-1!!! 10-1!!! So something seems to be working marginal D and all:suds:

So we aren't perfect, but our record says we are playing closer to it than anyone else...
I am happy, and no one expects the defense to be perfect, but damn!!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Despite one blown coverage, Brown has played really well for a rook

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEP....stats were terrible. What was it? 215 yards passing at halftime and 6 points allowed.

10-1 and the glass is half empty.
What the hell were some of you expecting?
Enjoy the ride

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think as long as you & I have been on these type boards you'd understand the redskin fans have squatted to pee from the very beginning. Dallas week is a big deal.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think as long as you & I have been on these type boards you'd understand the redskin fans have squatted to pee from the very beginning. Dallas week is a big deal.
Got that, just didn't expect to see them cry for OPI when the defender hits early and grabs a guys arm.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody likes to see the D give up big yardage ...But this Cowboys D is better than 2/3rd's of league in giving up points. That is what is better about this D and part of the reason why we are 10 & 1 and why I did not need a Pepcid AC yesterday.

Go Cowboys!

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy for the win, but this pass defense is as bad as greenbay and no pass rush at all. we have no playmakers on defense. Not one great player. This off season has to be 100% defense.
If it was as bad as Green Bay, it would have gave up 42 points instead of holding Washington to 6 points through three quarters and 26 overall coming off only 4 days rest. The defense is fine, just needs to get healthier and force more turnovers. The defense has given us enough stops to trust them. There's definitely room for improvement but this defense plays hard and keeps us in games and makes plays when we need it. I think Sean Lee qualifies as a great player.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was as bad as Green Bay, it would have gave up 42 points instead of holding Washington to 6 points through three quarters and 26 overall coming off only 4 days rest. The defense is fine, just needs to get healthier and force more turnovers. The defense has given us enough stops to trust them. There's definitely room for improvement but this defense plays hard and keeps us in games and makes plays when we need it. I think Sean Lee qualifies as a great player.
Earl there is no way that this defense has made enough stops to trust them lol I admit I may be to hard on them, but you can't look at that defense and trust them.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl there is no way that this defense has made enough stops to trust them lol I admit I may be to hard on them, but you can't look at that defense and trust them.
I do. I trust the defense enough to get the stops needed for the offense to take over the game. They've done it all year. They did it in the first half yesterday. The Cowboys left some points on the field in the first three quarters. Score should have been worse than it was after the 3rd quarter.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL defense's other than two or three each year are all about points allowed. The great doomsday defenses of the early Landry years gave up large amounts of yardage through the air and very little on the ground or points allowed. Factor 1/2 of your starting secondary is out and the replacement safety got hurt early second half. So? How did the rush defense look? How many points did Cap. Kurt have at half while he was half way there to 400 yards passing? Brown made a bad play (brain fart) on the Jackson long TD. Dallas was blitzing LB's more to apply pressure in situations and that leaves flats open or LB's (Durrant) covering a slot receiver short across the middle on occasions. Tip of the cap to Washington's QB but he never had the ball in the second half looking to score and take the lead. That in itself dictates different coverage's to prevent the quick score. Washington's last score took way to much time and that had much to do with the coverage and scheme's Dallas employed in that drive. Nobody said this defense is top 10, but they play hard and play smart. That's refreshing after some of the past defenses Dallas has ran out there.

Bottom line: there are some good things happening on that side and many young players worth having on this team. Can't please everyone but I'm down for the ride.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL defense's other than two or three each year are all about points allowed. The great doomsday defenses of the early Landry years gave up large amounts of yardage through the air and very little on the ground or points allowed. Factor 1/2 of your starting secondary is out and the replacement safety got hurt early second half. So? How did the rush defense look? How many points did Cap. Kurt have at half while he was half way there to 400 yards passing? Brown made a bad play (brain fart) on the Jackson long TD. Dallas was blitzing LB's more to apply pressure in situations and that leaves flats open or LB's (Durrant) covering a slot receiver short across the middle on occasions. Tip of the cap to Washington's QB but he never had the ball in the second half looking to score and take the lead. That in itself dictates different coverage's to prevent the quick score. Washington's last score took way to much time and that had much to do with the coverage and scheme's Dallas employed in that drive. Nobody said this defense is top 10, but they play hard and play smart. That's refreshing after some of the past defenses Dallas has ran out there.

Bottom line: there are some good things happening on that side and many young players worth having on this team. Can't please everyone but I'm down for the ride.

What? ..you mean like allowing 40 freakin 1st downs?

Saints set NFL record for most first downs in a game