• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #80 MUST WIN TONIGHT Sharks v.s Stars 5:30pm

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had practice, couldnt watch but I still want to say....... Fuck Dallas.

Go Sharks.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rares, you don't honestly think Wilson, if he's still our GM, is going to let Galiardi go as an RFA in the offseason do you? He will be back and I think we should let him have a full season under his belt in teal before we completely write him off.

Shit, you're right... Sorry, I keep mixing up the UFA/RFA situation between Winnik/Galiardi!

Yeah, looks like we might be stuck with him for longer. But I'm not giving him a chance. He's horrible. Such a waste. At least he only (currently) makes 1/2 what Mitchell makes ($700k vs. $1.4M)... :L

Oh well, I'm going to enjoy Winnik's last few games as a Shark, at least... Because there's zero chance he'll re-sign with SJ.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we acquired Winnik, DW said he has every intention of retaining him in the off-season. I know that doesn't have anything to do with Winnik's intention of staying here but hopefully he does lol.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thx KV!

KillerVee said:
BTW KillerVee,

I enjoy this forum. Thanks again for the invite.
I appreciate the opportunity to reconnect with ESPN forum members I hadn't spoken with for years. If not for your invite, I'd have never known about SportsHoopla.

Also if anyone sees Gomboc74, make sure to point him this way. That dude was alright.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished the game on DVR. Work is kicking my ass. Nice fight from the Sharks tonight. Battling back from a goal down, getting contributions from every line. Niemi's breakaway save on Benn was the play of the game imo. Great to see him step up to make that save. Love the speed that the Desjardin and Moore lines play with. Handzus can ride the pine for the rest of the year.

Sharks Win!

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For the most part the Sharks won the individual races to the puck and that was the difference. Haven't seen that in quite a while - all Sharks on the team actually hustling to the puck lol.

That said, not having Marleau contribute is a big concern right now. He's just not altogether there. It's almost like he's doing one of his patented playoff disappearances before the playoffs even begin this year.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we acquired Winnik, DW said he has every intention of retaining him in the off-season. I know that doesn't have anything to do with Winnik's intention of staying here but hopefully he does lol.

Yeah, of course DW wants to hang on to him but... see Moen, Travis. :L

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much money and years would you be willing to throw at Winnik to retain him? I am starting to consider him an elite third liner, much like Malhotra. I would go 4 years $2 per year. Manny got $2.5 per but he's a center which is a more valued position.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that it's looking like the Sharks will squeak into the playoffs after all, which team do they match up best against, Vancouver, St.Louis or Chicago? Honestly I really don't see them winning more than 2 games against any of them. The Blackhawks' speed has always given the Sharks fits and Vancouver is pretty much the same. If they face St. Louis they're not as fast, but they're solid and the Sharks have made goalies much worse than Halak look like superstars and Halak is an elite goalie. I guess if I had to choose I'd pick Chicago, only for the reason that their goaltending is a question mark.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that it's looking like the Sharks will squeak into the playoffs after all, which team do they match up best against, Vancouver, St.Louis or Chicago? Honestly I really don't see them winning more than 2 games against any of them. The Blackhawks' speed has always given the Sharks fits and Vancouver is pretty much the same. If they face St. Louis they're not as fast, but they're solid and the Sharks have made goalies much worse than Halak look like superstars and Halak is an elite goalie. I guess if I had to choose I'd pick Chicago, only for the reason that their goaltending is a question mark.

I would take Vancouver with DSedin having the soft melon (concussed). Might as well take on the team that eliminated them last year. If they win, it's a great hurdle to go over, if they lose, then let's start the offseason as soon as possible. STL has owned the Sharks all season. Plus VAN will allow me to watch games live since they are PST.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't matter who the Sharks get, they either win and move on or lose. end of story. all i got to say is they better show some effort regardless of the outcome.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Vancouver with DSedin having the soft melon (concussed). Might as well take on the team that eliminated them last year. If they win, it's a great hurdle to go over, if they lose, then let's start the offseason as soon as possible. STL has owned the Sharks all season. Plus VAN will allow me to watch games live since they are PST.

Yeh, because I would love to see all of those Can-fuck fans back at the Tank. Bunch of fuckin' roaches.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't matter who the Sharks get, they either win and move on or lose. end of story. all i got to say is they better show some effort regardless of the outcome.

Amazing analysis:p

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather face the Blackhawks, they just don't seem like a force without Toews. Their blue line is ok and their goalie is average. I would love the playoff standing end this way.

Blues #1 v.s Kings #8,

Cunucks #2 v.s Yotes #7,

Sharks #3 v.s Hawks #6,

Preds #4 v.s Wings #5,

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather face the Blackhawks, they just don't seem like a force without Toews. Their blue line is ok and their goalie is average. I would love the playoff standing end this way.

Blues #1 v.s Kings #8,

Cunucks #2 v.s Yotes #7,

Sharks #3 v.s Hawks #6,

Preds #4 v.s Wings #5,

I was not aware that Toews was on the IR. I like the matchups above. I change my mind, I want Sharks vs Hawks.

If Sharks are #3 i want the Hawks.
If they are #8, I want the Canucks.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if you remember this but just before Moen re-signed with Montreal he said that he was "dissapointed" that the Sharks didn't express very much interest in retaining him. Moen really liked McLellan and enjoyed his short time in SJ but DW didn't even make an attempt at re-signing him but threw money at Kent Huskins. Completely mind boggling...

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part the Sharks won the individual races to the puck and that was the difference. Haven't seen that in quite a while - all Sharks on the team actually hustling to the puck lol.

That said, not having Marleau contribute is a big concern right now. He's just not altogether there. It's almost like he's doing one of his patented playoff disappearances before the playoffs even begin this year.

perhaps he is battling Mono again? miracle of science!