• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #80 MUST WIN TONIGHT Sharks v.s Stars 5:30pm

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you remember this but just before Moen re-signed with Montreal he said that he was "dissapointed" that the Sharks didn't express very much interest in retaining him. Moen really liked McLellan and enjoyed his short time in SJ but DW didn't even make an attempt at re-signing him but threw money at Kent Huskins. Completely mind boggling...

Not sure I ever saw that part so just assumed that they (mutually) couldn't agree on a new contract and/or he was low balled, so he took decent money from the Habs and that was that.

But the "didn't even make an attempt at re-signing" part makes sense... I'm guessing Dougie does that quite a bit... he did it with Ian White too, I'm 100% sure. (why keep Ian White when you could throw money away on Colin White + Vanderbeer -- to play him at F and/or sit him the whole year -- instead)? :L

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was not aware that Toews was on the IR. I like the matchups above. I change my mind, I want Sharks vs Hawks.

If Sharks are #3 i want the Hawks.
If they are #8, I want the Canucks.

The cannucks are the worst possible match up for the sharks in the first round. Anyone else is beatable

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cannucks are the worst possible match up for the sharks in the first round. Anyone else is beatable

I fear the Blues and what they've been able to do to the Sharks this season, though they are a young team with little playoff experience.

Eh they are 0-4 vs the BLues and 1-2-1 vs the Canucks. Not a great matchup either way.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really care who they draw. Expectations are zero right now.

Well, I do expect DAL/COL to be eliminated shortly and the Sharks to make the playoffs regardless of how they do these last two games vs. LA.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I fear the Blues and what they've been able to do to the Sharks this season, though they are a young team with little playoff experience.

Eh they are 0-4 vs the BLues and 1-2-1 vs the Canucks. Not a great matchup either way.

Blues havent slumped all season, i dont think Elliott has any playoff experience to speak of, i think the sharks would beat up on the suspect D corp in st louis, 5-6 games max. I think in a series with the sharks size crushing the blues it just favors the sharks

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blues havent slumped all season, i dont think Elliott has any playoff experience to speak of, i think the sharks would beat up on the suspect D corp in st louis, 5-6 games max. I think in a series with the sharks size crushing the blues it just favors the sharks

Barring injury there's zero chance that Elliott starts in the playoffs over Halak.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes he has a disease called "Mono-goalism" which causes the hockey player to not score for long periods of time.

No confidence, its pretty obvious that and it looks like he was worried more about the defensive side of the puck then the offensive side. He always scores in bunches so when it happens you know its going to be or like 10 or 12 goals over 7 or 8 games

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh Elliots the starter, Halak has been working on his door technique for about 3 months running now.

So I suppose that's why Halak's started 26 games since January (9 in March) and Elliott has started 17 (6 in March)?

I understand that Elliott has been on fire recently with his string of shutouts and his numbers are ungodly. However Halak still has ridiculous numbers in his own right. Halak is still the starter and is still gonna be the starter when the playoffs start.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So I suppose that's why Halak's started 26 games since January (9 in March) and Elliott has started 17 (6 in March)?

I understand that Elliott has been on fire recently with his string of shutouts and his numbers are ungodly. However Halak still has ridiculous numbers in his own right. Halak is still the starter and is still gonna be the starter when the playoffs start.

still not worried about either one

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not worried about either one

I hope you're right. For me after seeing the Sharks make so many goalies look like Vezina winners all season long and considering what Halak did to the Capitals and Penguins in the 2010 playoffs, I don't like that potential matchup at all. We'll see though.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys all know when they bring their A Game the Sharks can and usually do beat anyone they face. That said, we haven't seen them bring their A Game over, say, 7 consecutive games all season - therein lies the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope you're right. For me after seeing the Sharks make so many goalies look like Vezina winners all season long and considering what Halak did to the Capitals and Penguins in the 2010 playoffs, I don't like that potential matchup at all. We'll see though.

That has more to do with the sharks volume shooting against rythym goalies. it makes them look better and allows them to get into the game and feel the puck. Shot selection us the problem though the last 3 games though they've gotten better