• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 3 @ Roracle 4/24 730p PST Tip off

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Curry will play off the ball more, and they'll make Paul chase him through screens, so he has to work harder on defense. Jackson probably shouldn't have been fooled by what happened in game one where they did burn the Clips a number of times, despite coughing the ball up on numerous occasions. The popular mantra at the moment though is that a bad result is because of Jackson's poor grasp of basketball strategy, offensive schemes etc. If the Warriors lose this series no doubt that will be the hue and cry heard all over Warriorsland. I personally don't think this series will be lost because Doc Rivers has outschemed Mark Jackson. I think it will be lost because Chris Paul is the best player in this series and the Clips top to bottom are simply a superior team, particularly with Bogut out.

I don't disagree; I don't think even Nelly could win this series with Bogut out. However, the Ws are deficient at offensive schemes and that's been borne out all year. We need to upgrade the PF and HC positions.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys have it all wrong, they need to play better defense, which will create open floor run outs for our wings.

Flop City doesn't have an open floor finisher like AI#9, they have Griffin on the block. We need to get the board and run out more. Even HB looks better finishing in transition vs his low post efforts.

Easier said than done I know, but if the Dubs run at home tonight, they will win. Book it.

I don't know how they play better defense when they have nobody who can guard Griffin.

We won game 1 because Griffin was in major foul trouble, Crawford had a horrible game, and the Warriors played well. Sadly, I don't see all three of these things happening tonight.

Can the Ws win? Sure, but this is the Clips series to lose. They are the better team even if our beloved Warriors have a healthy Bogut in there. We believe? I'll believe big time with a victory. But I have huge doubts our guys can pull it off.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oracle is crazy loud!

And the officials are letting them play.

This game could be epic.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes or Griffin…Who do I hate more?

Hmm…

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBK is that you with the FLOP CITY sign????

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The foul on D Green at the end of the game was such Bullshatt!
Ridiculous!

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBK is that you with the FLOP CITY sign????

Nope, didn't go to the game, couldn't afford tickets. Got other family responsibilities and I'm too broke to go :L

Floppy Griffin was dominate again, his acting induced plenty of fouls last night.

Dubs dug themselves too big a whole to climb back all the way. I love that they were able to run at certain points in the game. One stat that stands out 6-31 from 3pt land. Without Bogut, we are reduced to firing from long distance, but 6-31 isn't going to get it done.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It came down to the last shot with a chance to win against a clearly superior team. You can't ask for much more than that.
A foul could have been called but I think the real problem was Jackson's failure to realize what the Clippers were doing with DeAndre Jordan on every play with his roll to the basket on every drive by Griffin. His 22 rebounds, almost all uncontested, just killed the Warriors. How they were not able to at least put a body on him is inexplicable.

The series is over.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of the problems with the scheme come from the unsophisticated offensive sets. Trapping and double teaming is pretty standard, but when you're obviously not having any success against it, you've got to try to run a different set. Instead of running the p&r down their throats till it works, try having some weakside movement. Maybe try a double screen. Maybe have a slip screen. Maybe let Curry give the ball up early, only to go back to him on a backscreen.

You don't even have to come up with a complex offensive set, just some minor alterations in order to free up some movement and give the defense different looks.

I agree Curry has to play better, as does pretty much the entire team. I'm under no illusions that the players have to play great in order to win this series. That's a given. But the mental aspect of the game is just as important in the playoffs. You can't win in the playoffs without BOTH the players playing well and the coaches coaching well.

Does this surprise you? I was astounded at the one huddle where Jackson told his team, "We are a good defensive team; on offense, set screens and keep moving". What the fuck is that? I could have told them something is ridiculously useless as that. The players have got to see this huge deficiency in coaching if I see it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how they play better defense when they have nobody who can guard Griffin.
We won game 1 because Griffin was in major foul trouble, Crawford had a horrible game, and the Warriors played well. Sadly, I don't see all three of these things happening tonight.

Can the Ws win? Sure, but this is the Clips series to lose. They are the better team even if our beloved Warriors have a healthy Bogut in there. We believe? I'll believe big time with a victory. But I have huge doubts our guys can pull it off.

I'd give Geen a shot at it or even Iguodala. It couldn't be any worse with either of those guys.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the Warriors are without Bogut, I was pretty impressed by their defense last night. Jordan killed us on the boards, but other than that we had a solid defensive game. Also when you turn the ball over as many times as the Warriors did, it gave the Clips that many more opportunities on the offensive end, which they capitalized on.

Offensively is where the wheels fell off. I can't really blame Jackson in good conscious for this game. There have been many other games where I feel he was directly responsible, but not this one. The Warriors got plenty of great looks. They had a bunch of missed layups and point blank looks that didn't go down. They had some clean open looks from the outside, they just didn't knock them down. And lastly, the turnovers in this game were on the players. Bad screens led to offensive fouls. Bad ball handling led to steals. Bad passing and forced passing led to more turnovers. You can't give a superior team more opportunities than you and that's exactly what happened in this game.

Jackson is to blame for a lot of things, but this game isn't one. Or if he is to blame, he's gotta be lower on the list.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the Warriors are without Bogut, I was pretty impressed by their defense last night. Jordan killed us on the boards, but other than that we had a solid defensive game. Also when you turn the ball over as many times as the Warriors did, it gave the Clips that many more opportunities on the offensive end, which they capitalized on.
Offensively is where the wheels fell off. I can't really blame Jackson in good conscious for this game. There have been many other games where I feel he was directly responsible, but not this one. The Warriors got plenty of great looks. They had a bunch of missed layups and point blank looks that didn't go down. They had some clean open looks from the outside, they just didn't knock them down. And lastly, the turnovers in this game were on the players. Bad screens led to offensive fouls. Bad ball handling led to steals. Bad passing and forced passing led to more turnovers. You can't give a superior team more opportunities than you and that's exactly what happened in this game.

Jackson is to blame for a lot of things, but this game isn't one. Or if he is to blame, he's gotta be lower on the list.

Curry is unbelievably careless with the ball at times.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby I agree a lot of times Steph is really careless with the ball, but not last night. He had 2 really dumb turnovers, but that's it. He only had 3 turnovers in the whole game.
I thought Curry's vision last night was exceptional at times, but we needed his scoring too.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being at oracle last night was amazing to bad we couldn't come up with the W. Steph got fouled on that last shot too

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby I agree a lot of times Steph is really careless with the ball, but not last night. He had 2 really dumb turnovers, but that's it. He only had 3 turnovers in the whole game.
I thought Curry's vision last night was exceptional at times, but we needed his scoring too.

Perhaps not, but far too often he is careless with the ball and just seems to throw it awa far too often. he is a great shooter, but if I had my choice between him and Chris Paul, I'd take Paul.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being at oracle last night was amazing to bad we couldn't come up with the W. Steph got fouled on that last shot too

Agreed. I get the whole "swallow the whistle at the end of the game" thing that the refs like to do but they always use the excuse that "we don't want to decide the game, we want to let the players decide it". But by not blowing the whistle on what was clearly a foul, both on the body and the shooting arm, they did decide the game in favor of the Clippers.