• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 2 Review:

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, we should be forgetting all the bad parts of Game 2 and focusing on Eddie Lacy. The guy was the beast we thought he was when we drafted him. If we can get him 20 touches a game and control the clock, we can win every game on the schedule. Is that overly optimistic? Sure, it probably is; but the fact is that Lacy has proven(thus far) that he can be the big bruising back we've been seeking for too long of a time...

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, we should be forgetting all the bad parts of Game 2 and focusing on Eddie Lacy. The guy was the beast we thought he was when we drafted him. If we can get him 20 touches a game and control the clock, we can win every game on the schedule. Is that overly optimistic? Sure, it probably is; but the fact is that Lacy has proven(thus far) that he can be the big bruising back we've been seeking for too long of a time...

I like your optimism, and generally speaking, I like optimistic people (exception being the homers who can't see the forest for the trees.)

That being said, I think it's important not to overlook the areas where improvement is needed in order to truly compete this year. Lacy will not win all 16 of our games for GB - not even Rodgers can do that. Lacy, should he continue to impress, will positively impact GB's offense for sure, but can the O-line protect Rodgers? Can the D-Line and LB's get more penetration and pressure? Will the secondary be able to defend should opposing QB's have all day in the pocket to throw? These (and others) are still questions that need to be answered to accomplish your goal of winning every football game this year. All in due time, all in due time.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I agree with that...

I should have typed Solid rather than great. Mulligan has weight on him and Williams has been outblocking him. Every player has missed assignments but his improvement has easily been noticeable.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Williams is on the outside looking in at this point. Depends on how many TE's they keep. I was extremely excited for him a couple years ago, but his ability to make plays or catches has left me extremely disappointed. It's time to make plays, or make a different roster I think.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Williams is really just not good enough.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Williams was really drafted as an H-back type of player who claimed he had the best hands of any TE in that draft. Obviously, he hasn't evolved which is why I was hoping we'd draft at least one TE this past draft. I'm hoping Stoneburner really steps up in the next couple of games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I have Lacy on my FF team. But I don't want him to go all nuts. :doh: I think he will be very good inside the 20. He likes contact a little to much, as injury's can occur more often with that type of back. But really injury's is the only thing stopping him.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have Lacy on my FF team. But I don't want him to go all nuts. :doh: I think he will be very good inside the 20. He likes contact a little to much, as injury's can occur more often with that type of back. But really injury's is the only thing stopping him.

I would say he likes spin move a lot more than he likes contact. Just cause he's big doesn't mean he runs like a bruiser all the time.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will likely draft a tight end last year if we need one. We may not have drafted a tight end but we signed Jake Stoneburner who I'm a fan of. He fell because of OTF problems but has some talent and with time could emerge and earn a roster spot

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he likes spin move a lot more than he likes contact. Just cause he's big doesn't mean he runs like a bruiser all the time.

Ketchman brought that up in his mailbag article this week. He compared Lacy to Jerome Bettis because Bettis had "quick and light feet." You didn't really see much of that with Lacy at 'Bama because of how 'Bama's run game is structured.

I was also a big fan of the Stoneburner signing, but I still wish we would've drafted someone like LaDarius Green.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to see Lacy run hard and hit the holes that were there. I'm becoming more and more confident that the line was doing a decent job, but that we just didn't have backs that could find a damn hole. Alex Green...good luck to you wherever you end up this year.

Hyde got burned once (by one of the league's fastest receivers, I might add) but he continues to look like a steal.

I cheered my ass off when Johnny Jolly picked off that pass. So good to see. He certainly looks like he's taken his second (or 3rd or 4th or whatever) chance seriously, and I'd guess he's a pretty good bet to make the roster. I dunno about "lock" but pretty good bet.

I also thought Bostic played well. he's got a chance to stick, as I think D.J. Williams could be on his way out the door.

Not that I like to brag, but I did pretty much nail this one, didn't I? :clap::suds: