• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 1 in the books

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo obviously bad. I didnt think it was as much his throws as it was his decisions. The first 2 INTS I have no idea WTF he was thinking. The third one was more or less screw it go make a play Dez . Murray was really good with his cuts. Too bad about that fumble. He looked really quick. WRs- Dez looked hampered, Beasley was solid, TWill was OK . Street looked like he needs a few weeks inactive. Witten- did he even play. Has he even played this yr.?- This is a big concern. Our WRs still dont seem to get that separation. Tyron Smith awful.
Defensively- not bad. It looked like they could complete 8 yrd passes all day though. Gave up some big runs
late.
Turnovers killed us, refs kept it close IMO.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWill was more than okay. He should have had a TD but Romo decided to throw it to Dez in triple coverage on his first pick when Williams was wide open. Every receiver looked good but Dez (but i'm not worried about him). Witten looks washed up. I didn't see him get much of any separation. Willis and Reid are good but prime Witten could get open on anybody. I did not like what I saw from Witten and it has me scared. He also had another false start. Tyron Smith was horrible. Murray looked good too aside from you know what. Romo was a complete joke but I think mostly everybody already knows this.

Defense still has some issues but they showed some guts for a defense that's not really that talented. McClain showed some physicality. He doesn't look like a lost cause and could be solid. Like the way some of the guys looked on the DLine as well. Kaep's athleticism kept him from getting sacked multiple times when there was good pressure (including the TD throw where he escaped). Scandrick has emerged as the best corner in this secondary, and it's not even really close. Carr is not performing well and Claiborne just has poor technique and little instincts. We really missed Scandrick today. Secondary play has some serious issues right now.

All in all, Romo was by far the person I was the most disappointed with. Every single one of those interceptions were horrible. Not even close. It wasn't a receiver dropping a pass and no passes were tipped, they were just horrible throws. I don't care about the lack of reps Romo has gotten and I don't care about the back excuse. Those were poor passes and it almost seemed like he didn't give a fuck. It almost looked as if he was throwing the game in the first half. The interception in the endzone, seriously what the fuck was that? What was he seeing? There were like 4 defenders there. Taking chances in between the 20s is one thing, but turnovers in the redzone are killers. Throw the fucking ball away.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was diggin the Golden Richards circa 2014 WR for you guys. Looks just like him. haha

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo obviously bad. I didnt think it was as much his throws as it was his decisions. The first 2 INTS I have no idea WTF he was thinking. The third one was more or less screw it go make a play Dez . Murray was really good with his cuts. Too bad about that fumble. He looked really quick. WRs- Dez looked hampered, Beasley was solid, TWill was OK . Street looked like he needs a few weeks inactive. Witten- did he even play. Has he even played this yr.?- This is a big concern. Our WRs still dont seem to get that separation. Tyron Smith awful.
Defensively- not bad. It looked like they could complete 8 yrd passes all day though. Gave up some big runs
late.
Turnovers killed us, refs kept it close IMO.

Nah, his throws were pretty bad too. The good news is I dont think he can play worse.
There were several glimmers of hope though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not today because of our showing, but I know everyone will focus on the run/pass ratio and how it was "better" and while I liked the fact that we ran and ran well, I was pissed off that we still REFUSE TO RUN THE BALL IN THE RED ZONE. I don't care if it is a 50/50 split. Until we run at times like that and in short yardage instead of passing I will question the idea that we are dedicated to the run. 2nd and 1 from the 2 and 1st and 10 from the 5 and we are running well and we pass? We should have tied the game on hte first one and everything is different. I know I can't be the only one that was pissed as soon as I saw we weren't running. And even when we do run it there we do a stupid misdirection or run out of the shot gun. Just line up and push the other guys back and run it down their throats...

I read a funny tweet yesterday. After the time out in the red zone the writer said the Cowboys must have given Romo 3 running plays as options on that play and it confused him because he didn't know which one to audible too when he killed the original run play...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, his throws were pretty bad too. The good news is I dont think he can play worse.
There were several glimmers of hope though.

Agree. Decisions were horrible, but the throws weren't too much better. Do we give him credit for the play Harris just out fought the defender for? He just launched it up there. Also, a lot of the throws you could tell were sailing just by the way they came out of his hand.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea .... There are a lot of Romo ints that you can at least see why he threw the ball but could not deliver the throw. But yesterday, none of the balls should have ever been thrown. Even his best pass play of the game should have never been thrown.

I hear the word "rust" being thrown around but I'm not sure I have ever heard of being "rusty" on good decisions. I love Romo and it just kills me when he plays like this. I have no choice but to trust him and hope this was all about not being able to go all out in training camp because of his back.

Other the other hand there were some positives. The O line looked good. The running game was good. And the defense only gave up 17 points and 319 yards.

Either one of those stats would put you in the top 10 in defense for the week.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea .... There are a lot of Romo ints that you can at least see why he threw the ball but could not deliver the throw. But yesterday, none of the balls should have ever been thrown. Even his best pass play of the game should have never been thrown.

I hear the word "rust" being thrown around but I'm not sure I have ever heard of being "rusty" on good decisions. I love Romo and it just kills me when he plays like this. I have no choice but to trust him and hope this was all about not being able to go all out in training camp because of his back.

Other the other hand there were some positives. The O line looked good. The running game was good. And the defense only gave up 17 points and 319 yards.

Exactly. His arm didn't look right on the deep balls, but his back had nothing to do with his decision making

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah has romos back on the redzone audibles. They both said that the best chance to score a td is to blind lob the ball into quadruple coverage as murray had no chance at getting into the endzone ball

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: Maybe he didn't do enough cross word puzzles while he was rehabbing!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah has romos back on the redzone audibles. They both said that the best chance to score a td is to blind lob the ball into quadruple coverage as murray had no chance at getting into the endzone ball

:wtf2:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys need to put dunbar and murray in the game at the same time. The short passing game needs a boost and they need to spread things out

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought WIlliams was at best Ok. I just have never seen it out of him. Maybe I'm wrong. He made a nice grab on the sideline once but I still want to seem him make a contested catch.