• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gagne Trade Ideas

mrfreeze1179

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I were Gagne I would want to go to one of two places...and both make sense for the Flyers.
First LA- whether or not they get Kovy...if they do get Kovy that could extend Gagne's career and increase is point total- leading to a good contract extension. Flyers could continue to pluck Berneir from LA and a pick or prospect.
Second Minnesota- this is a team that has some good pieces but no one that really complements Koivu...he needs a winger. For the Flyers Minnesota has goaltending depth and the Flyers could pluck Josh Harding out of Minny.

I would say Tampa Bay should be a no go...you don't want to see Gagne in your own conference or with Stamkos, Lecavalier and St. Louis...don't need a four-five tool scoring team in your own conference that you helped make!!!

I would put Gagne to LA as an E4 and Gagne to Minnesota as an E3
My rating systems are
E2- if I think about it hard enough
E3- If my dog agrees
E4- if while thinking about it my g/f's cat climbs on something he shouldn't
E5- I turn back the clock on my computer to try and post something after it already happens.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i have not heard the wild although it makes a lot of sense. i think he might go to the lightning and i have no problem with it. they are not a threat right now.

mrfreeze1179

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The other problem with trading Gagne to the Lightning...is what are the Flyers going to get? They gave up a second rounder next year for an overpriced Mezaros (has not lived up to his contact) Flyers almost have to get rid of Gagne or a large salary for cap reasons...Tampa Bay really doesn't have anyone that would interest the Flyers.
If you have to give up a team leader in Gagne....I would at least want one roster player....and that almost has to be a goalie!!!!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Tokarski.

/thread

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yzerman has always like Gagne, according to most reports. So I don't see the FLyers getting too screwed by the Bolts if he goes that way. I just hope they can get at a minimum a good pick for him, not alot of lwer round picks, at the max, a good goalie prospect.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We paid a lot for pronger, it would be nice to get at least half of that back for Gagne. Its not like he's old as balls...he's only 30.