• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gaborik a King

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about Gaborik. He has time to get to Winnipeg to meet the team but it will depend on how much time the team gives him to join the team. These guys have families to consider and personal things to take care of. They are people and not sports robots. McNabb will most likely report to Manchester is my thinking.

Ox

I'd imagine Gaborik will be in the lineup tomorrow. St. Louis was traded from Tampa to NY today and he's playing right now.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, doubtful he scores much more then Frattin did.....but at least there is a chance.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand this move, his not the same player from 2003 & is not durable or a reliable scorer in the playoff's.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand this move, his not the same player from 2003 & is not durable or a reliable scorer in the playoff's.

I'll settle for the player that played for the Rangers from 2009-2011. As for not being durable I'm not so sure about that assessment. This year he was out with a broken collar bone. Last year it was a strained knee. He also missed a few games with a concussion. Completely unrelated injuries. He has had several full seasons played both in New York and Minnesota. He's only 32 so it's not like he's old and fragile.

Ox

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only need him to play well and be healthy for 3 months.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter was hurt the season we acquired him. Hopefully Gabs will be nice and rested.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this move. A lot of people are comparing this to the Carter trade but I'm going with a different comparison.
This reminds me more of like the Justin Williams trade. Different type of players for sure and Williams was/is more battle tested esp in the playoffs but Gaborik is no doubt more skilled. Even at 32 years old I don't think anyone can go from zero to full speed like this guy. His speed and scoring touch was a needed upgrade. Think about the pressure he's going to relieve off guys like Kopitar and Carter. He'll even open up some space for guys like Doughty on the point on power player because he's just another threat to score down low and off the walls.

I'm not too concerned about his play at the other end in this case. One the Kings system will automatically make him a better player at the defensive end. Two he's not going to be counted on to kill penalties and 3 he'll likely be paired with 2 defensively smart line mates anyway.

I guessing he'll start by playing with Kopitar on the right wing and we'll go from there.

Overall I like it.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this move. A lot of people are comparing this to the Carter trade but I'm going with a different comparison.
This reminds me more of like the Justin Williams trade. Different type of players for sure and Williams was/is more battle tested esp in the playoffs but Gaborik is no doubt more skilled. Even at 32 years old I don't think anyone can go from zero to full speed like this guy. His speed and scoring touch was a needed upgrade. Think about the pressure he's going to relieve off guys like Kopitar and Carter. He'll even open up some space for guys like Doughty on the point on power player because he's just another threat to score down low and off the walls.

I'm not too concerned about his play at the other end in this case. One the Kings system will automatically make him a better player at the defensive end. Two he's not going to be counted on to kill penalties and 3 he'll likely be paired with 2 defensively smart line mates anyway.

I guessing he'll start by playing with Kopitar on the right wing and we'll go from there.

Overall I like it.

Kind of where I'm at. Not only because of the price tag but also because the Kings have lacked a true sniper - meaning all I do is score goals - guy for what seems like forever. Well, he isn't Rocket Richard but he was one of the best available this deadline and the Kings got him. Keep in mind Dumbo has been somewhat after this guy for the last 5-7 years, so there is something he obviously sees in him. He's not being brought in to play 200 foot hockey, he's being brought in to bury the puck.

I agree with X, even if he isn't burying it consistently, his speed is absurd and will be a game breaker on its own. He may rip down the wing and have no intention of shooting but that will put pressure on the defense to think and react quicker, possibly leading to a bad read or panicked pass or something, and it will also create space and time for the other skilled guys.

Call me an optimist, but I have a gut feeling this move is going to work out for LA. The price tag and all the goodies involved - draft picks, CBJ picking up salary, walk away free agent at the end of the season if he busts - is all gravy.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lombardi took a good chance acquiring Gaboriak. He's a definite scoring threat and the Kings certainly need that. Hopefully he isn't too rusty.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.. already in the 1st game you can see how much open ice his line mates got. I haven't seen Kopitar with that much room with the puck since his rookie season. On the power play the Jets players couldn't cheat to the point man which meant more point shots. Once he starts getting more comfortable and putting pucks in the net or even just getting dangerous shots on net the power-play is going to be scary.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly X. I haven't seen a Kings power play look as dangerous as they did last night since the LAPD line was leading the Kings power play. Yeah I know the big guns didn't score but they completely controlled the puck and created some good solid chances which got the Jets on their heels and generated momentum for the Kings. Eventually led to the Martinez power play goal.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PP looked stellar last night, lot of movement, lot of crisp passes and a lot of opportunities. Keep in mind Winnipeg is the 4th best PK team so that was no small feat.

I did see Gaborik pass up several shot opportunities, and maybe was trying to not be selfish being new to the team and learning the system and his role, but I think in no time we will be seeing him unleash that shot religiously. His speed is ridiculous, Lewis is no longer the fastest guy on team me thinks.

And I really don't care what people think about it, but Martinez is hands down better than Muzzin in every facet of the game. He deserves to play a lot more than Muzzin does but the Muzzin fascination wins obviously.

This franchise and its love affairs with shit players...I'll never understand. J-Blow, Zeiler, Muffin, etc.

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Muffin would have tripped over his own feet if he tried that move that Martinez did. Nice play, shot and goal by Martinez.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Gaborik. I hope he can put the Kings over the top. He should certainly give opponents someone else to worry about.