• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G34 20-8-5 Kings vs Loafs 1/2/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game of 2024, nothing to say that hasn't been discussed already. Non conference game, need that win. Please don't let the curse of Muzzin screw LA.

Let's Go Kings!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arty Retardy scratched, hopefully message being sent. Have to be more than a one trick pony.

Martin Frk probably has some good advice for you.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So funny hearing Bertuzzi, all I can remember is us saying Apetuzzi for years. I believe he is his nephew but not sure.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers win, Kings looking sluggish. Definitely something going on, didn't think they were as good as early but the last 10 games are a concern.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so scarred by Leah Hextall any time a woman calls a game I get all nervous, whoever this is though I like her. She knows her s**t, isn't over the top, calls it well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another low energy home game. As the kids would say "Kings win a home game challenge: Impossible".

Areas of concern are PP is one for the last nineteen.

McLellan at least shuffling all the lines, which is sort of unlike him. Not the best at making changes quickly (Or ever).

I'd have to agree. This iteration of the team we've seen the last chunk (Probably since the Columbus game they came back 0-3 in) through this game has not been showing too much.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another low energy home game. As the kids would say "Kings win a home game challenge: Impossible".

I do not understand why this is. I'd entirely expect that on the road, rule of thumb is play .500 road and .700 at home and you'll be fine. This...is unacceptable, they look completely disinterested. Glad I haven't gone to a game only to stab someone on the way out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to move on from the "Chrome Domes". It's whatever when your team is ass and you need the gimmicky stuff, or maybe if you're elite and are just so dominant that no one can say anything. But I am okay with moving on from them.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to agree. This iteration of the team we've seen the last chunk (Probably since the Columbus game they came back 0-3 in) through this game has not been showing too much.

That's the exact game I mentioned where I think things changed. Sure they came back from 0-3, but their style, attitude, attention to detail, all went out the window. They beat them and whoever the day after but you could actually see it translating on the ice.

PP is terrible, something needs to change.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense a third period onslaught by LA. Make it happen HGs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the exact game I mentioned where I think things changed. Sure they came back from 0-3, but their style, attitude, attention to detail, all went out the window. They beat them and whoever the day after but you could actually see it translating on the ice.

PP is terrible, something needs to change.

What's interesting is I was watching that show "A Football Life". Actually great series of one hour documentaries on various Football players. They did on on Nick Saban, the Alabama coach. How he has the most championships of any coach in college football history. But his interview he says that. They had some flukey comeback that his team won, but they should have lost. He said he hated how his team prepared and every was so relaxed because they were able to survive when they shouldn't have. So the week after, he says, everyone forgets, it was worst beatdown of his whole tenure at Alabama. He credits it to his team winning when they shouldn't have, and how they prepared because of it. Basically saying you prepare the same way, the right way, and the wins and success will come from that. Less focus on actually winning. Makes sense to hear it said by someone with that level of success.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, their dicks got too big. And they have prepared and executed accordingly since. You have Buster trying to be cute with between the leg passes, you have Kaliyev thinking he's an actual player, you have Doughty talking it up about stuff, it's arrogance.

This is not a blip, this is a problem. They will watch this pad on points disappear, they'll either miss or limp into the POs and they'll be out again after 6 games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the moves in the summer and the cap situation, I felt they were a year away. But they were on such a tear to start the year, it looked maybe they were close to being where they needed to be already. They will have some cap space to presumably get a stud goalie in the summer, but now I am not sure that's the only issue. Talbot isn't even "bad", he's just not great. In tighter games, he's not going to give you that edge you'll probably need. That big save or two that can swing a game.

I find it interesting that even in the deepest struggles, they don't just throw Fiala up with Kopitar and Kempe. I want to say they tried it last summer in training camp, but that was the last we ever saw of that. Or what about PLD up there on the top line every once in awhile. Hard to score less than zero goals like they did tonight.

Danault-Moore just seems to work so I wouldn't mess with that too much. Kopitar-Kempe seemed to have a good thing too. Beyond that, I sort of want to see what can be done. I actually loved Grundstrom with Moore-Danualt the first year Kings played Oilers. When Grundstrom drove to the net and leveled Nurse to score that goal. Nurse was on his back and he leaned back into him as Nurse when to hit him.

Fiala-Kopitar-Kempe
Grundstrom-Danault-Moore
Laferriere-PLD-Byfield
Lewis-Lizzotte-JAD

You can do whatever with the bottom 6 to see what works. That 3rd line could be a liability.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like JAD is Amadio 2.0. I forget he's playing every night, so in a few years he'll be a stud on some division rival we'll see in the playoffs.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot has actually been good, that was such a huge concern. Neither goal was his fault tonight, can't help it when Roy completely has his stick in the wrong place for a shot or Doughty sends one right up tye gut as everyone is leaving the zone and it ends up in the net. Buster actually foreshadowed it, he did the exact same thing in the first but Talbot made the save.

My point is, I agree that goaltending is not the only area of concern. There is a lot more going on that was masked by the torrid start and now it's coming to light. I like PLD, but don't feel that move was needed at this time. I feel the Kings have overachieved in each of the last 2 years leading to a false sense of progress. Dumbo did it right, he waited to make moves. Blake, I think he's been impatient. But that goes back to drafting, Dumbo made good picks - Bowlby hasn't so he's had to make moves. He's whiffed on more than he's hit.

I also have wondered why they haven't tried anyone else on L1. Sure, it worked and mostly does, but would it hurt to try Fiala or PLD or anyone on that line when something clearly needs to change? I don't think it would. But that's McLennan, he's not known as a coach who makes adjustments and why he hasn't won anything important. His 1 year extension proves that, it's make it or break it time.

All I know man is what I saw tonight was pathetic and disgusting. These fuckers should have just stayed home and let Ontario take a run.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said he's 13-4 (Unless they said 13-0-4) in this building since leaving LA. He was in goal for that 9-8 game against Seattle that got Petersen waivered.

Apparently 23-8-3 against LA since he left. I know you were hitting Staples, but damn. I almost forgot he was still in the league.

I guess he did the Kings a favor and got Petersen moved, which was needed because he sucks.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree about L1, but as weve seen i dont believe Buster is allowed to play anywhere else. Why not let PLD get some time with L1/2.... What could it possibly hurt. I think we all thought they were a year away Mostly based off of gold tending. But these last ten games or so has everyone wondering. Hopefully they bounce out of it and at least play like they Got a good night sleep at some point. Not having arvidson kind of hurts right now, Seems to make it difficult for them to move guys around the line up. Hopefully they don't limp into the playoffs but it's looking that way